Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sheacka's Senpai

Wailing Pumpkin

18,025 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Jack-pot 100
CreamShoe
1. Sell gold in Cash Shop through Flynn's Booty. Introduce more gold into the economy.
2. Wait for the most sought after items to get bought out of the marketplace or make their price skyrocket.
3. Reintroduce items back into the economy through "special sales" with ridiculous prices.
4. Repeat 1-3 until you piss off 75% of the users on the site and make them quit.
5. Announce that the site doesn't produce as much interest for new users like it used to. Shut it down and run away with all the money made.

3nodding ok all professor Locke is going to teach you something. See this user post? This is the REAL threat. See the steps? bogus. Why? because it never fails that it is THE USERS like these who cause panic. panic cause panic inflation, panic inflation caused us to booty grab like heck and forced gaia to have to do something about it. Hence flynns booty. Gaia is covering panic posters like this one here, so we can still buy.

Now as a side note, and yes this will be on the test tomarrow, it WAS stated that gaia is in the works of gaining funds for a sister site they are working on. Meant for older users like me and the 03/04's. same old gaia, just a brand new look for us. Now then, does this mean the original site is going under? no. in fact it's still going strong. * though obama and real life stuff can hurt it bad. like SOPA and our idiot president.* CLASS DISMISSED*

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Blame the users, we're the ones controlling and setting the MP prices

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
L0cKe703
CreamShoe
1. Sell gold in Cash Shop through Flynn's Booty. Introduce more gold into the economy.
2. Wait for the most sought after items to get bought out of the marketplace or make their price skyrocket.
3. Reintroduce items back into the economy through "special sales" with ridiculous prices.
4. Repeat 1-3 until you piss off 75% of the users on the site and make them quit.
5. Announce that the site doesn't produce as much interest for new users like it used to. Shut it down and run away with all the money made.

3nodding ok all professor Locke is going to teach you something. See this user post? This is the REAL threat. See the steps? bogus. Why? because it never fails that it is THE USERS like these who cause panic. panic cause panic inflation, panic inflation caused us to booty grab like heck and forced gaia to have to do something about it. Hence flynns booty. Gaia is covering panic posters like this one here, so we can still buy.

Now as a side note, and yes this will be on the test tomarrow, it WAS stated that gaia is in the works of gaining funds for a sister site they are working on. Meant for older users like me and the 03/04's. same old gaia, just a brand new look for us. Now then, does this mean the original site is going under? no. in fact it's still going strong. * though obama and real life stuff can hurt it bad. like SOPA and our idiot president.* CLASS DISMISSED*
You know about as much as any regular user does. Gaia could be around for 30 more years or it could close tomorrow. The staff would never tell you if it was going to close until the last minute. And this guy has just as much of a right to say whatever he wants as you do. Except he's not doing it in a condescending RP style that lacks the flair you wanted it to have.

Though it's actually a pretty stupid assessment that Gaia's current woes should be blamed on people posting negative opinions about Gaia. The way I see it, people aren't even panicked, they're tired.

The real L0cke would be a good example to follow. He left.

Tiny Inquisitor

Soubi-chu

That's true. rofl
    After the backwings thing I wondered what they could possibly
    pull next. Now that it's Flynn again.. I'm back to wondering what
    on earth they could possibly do next. XD

Soon you'll be able to purchase the formula to Flynn's Chest in the Bifrost. For 1000 gold.

All you'll need to be able to craft it is 1000 crumpled newspapers, 1000 sunflowers, 1000 house flies, and 1000 ocean summer tops. emotion_awesome

Did I mention it's a level 1 formula?

Tipsy Cat

9,225 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Serethielle
That sounds about right. You might be our new mystic/prophet.
I'm not even prophesying anything.
Take it as an intelligent guess based on what's currently going on.

Witty Fairy

10,350 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Battle: KO 200
Starshine
Welcome to the truth of Gaia online 2013 :3

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

CreamShoe
5. Announce that the site doesn't produce as much interest for new users like it used to. Shut it down and run away to new site with all the money made.
heh slight edit

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
CreamShoe
We need to trust them that it's OUR FAULT!

But it is mostly our fault, this thread is proof of that.

Fear mongering, doomsayers, hate mongering, spreading panic over assumptions, and these little theories is what causing a lot of the issues we're currently having now.

Now, I'm not saying Gaia isn't guilt of anything, but we (as in the users) have a pretty big hand in it.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

Enduring Seeker

13,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
CreamShoe
They're not the first to pull this stunt, and I doubt they'll be the last.
As long as the greed of a few continue to fuel this mentality, there is very little we can do about it.

But, that's just human nature, I guess... sad

Super Spook

24,600 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Nuclear Plant 500
Yep, that just about summarizes current-day Gaia.

Tipsy Cat

9,225 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Tipsy Genius

This thread really didn't need to be necro'd.

Tipsy Cat

9,225 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Why not? It seems to be really relevant to the current situation.

Tipsy Genius

CreamShoe
Why not? It seems to be really relevant to the current situation.

Because the exact same points are brought up in a new thread every single day/whenever there's a GC-related announcement, including the baseless alarmist "Gaia is shutting down! They're exploiting us one last time!" comment. Yes, they're making a lot of money out of this, which is why they try to milk it as much as possible. No, Gaia isn't shutting down, because it's financially flourishing at the moment.

Impassioned Misfit

Pretty much. I'm here until the ship sinks, though. I like avatar-making too much.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff