I'm just glad that I was able to buy all of my favorite items ahead of all of this economic upset and put an outfit put together that I really love. I feel bad for newer users who aren't "set-up" like an older user, like myself.
But, yes, this Flynn's bullshit has got to stop. It may not effect a long standing user like myself, but Gaia is really alienating younger users who just do not have the means to keep up. I know that if this was ten years ago, when I was a young teen, I would have felt helpless to all of these cash based incentives and eventually quit because of them.
1. Sell gold in Cash Shop through Flynn's Booty. Introduce more gold into the economy.
2. Wait for the most sought after items to get bought out of the marketplace or make their price skyrocket.
3. Reintroduce items back into the economy through "special sales" with ridiculous prices.
4. Repeat 1-3 until you piss off 75% of the users on the site and make them quit.
5. Announce that the site doesn't produce as much interest for new users like it used to. Shut it down and run away with all the money made.
I like how gaia introduced the gold sink and didn't even give time for the gold sink to take effect when they re-release something that makes it 10x worse.
I've been eying Lovely Lucie for the past 2 months...before Flynn's Booty, it was at a consistent 9M. After the first release of Flynn's Booty, it was around 14M. After this recent release, it's now been selling consistently at around 21M. lol
And the ******** Ninja Headband's at like 50M. I remember that being like 9-10M before.
With all of this going on I feel if I was new to this site I would be very discouraged from wanting to play. A big focus on this site, and what most of us like to do is buy items and make dream avatars. What's the point of questing if its only a dream that will never be achieved.
Its seems discouraging for new people to want to join this site and be able to enjoy themselves