Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Cat

9,225 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
1. Sell gold in Cash Shop through Flynn's Booty. Introduce more gold into the economy.
2. Wait for the most sought after items to get bought out of the marketplace or make their price skyrocket.
3. Reintroduce items back into the economy through "special sales" with ridiculous prices.
4. Repeat 1-3 until you piss off 75% of the users on the site and make them quit.
5. Announce that the site doesn't produce as much interest for new users like it used to. Shut it down and run away with all the money made.

Marytanna's Husband

Perfect Elocutionist

Well said.

I hope somebody from Gaia actually respond to this.

Decorated Pumpkin

18,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
It truly is disheartening how the only thing that can stabilize the gold boom caused by Flynn's Booty (bought through cash) is to keep re-releasing popular items (also bought through cash).

Well, that and goldsinks I suppose. Assuming there's enough of them to actually make a difference.

Destructive Bunny

Welcome to the truth of Gaia online 2013 :3

Tricky Deadeye

12,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Nii Amikasame
It truly is disheartening how the only thing that can stabilize the gold boom caused by Flynn's Booty (bought through cash) is to keep re-releasing popular items (also bought through cash).

Well, that and goldsinks I suppose. Assuming there's enough of them to actually make a difference.

Dernier Cri sounds like a pretty good gold sink, maybe they should just promote that some more. sweatdrop

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Protagon
Nii Amikasame

Dernier Cri sounds like a pretty good gold sink, maybe they should just promote that some more. sweatdrop

We keep asking for that and give all kinds of suggestions... but...

side note: is this thread because of something I said?

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
CreamShoe
1. Sell gold in Cash Shop through Flynn's Booty. Introduce more gold into the economy.
2. Wait for the most sought after items to get bought out of the marketplace or make their price skyrocket.
3. Reintroduce items back into the economy through "special sales" with ridiculous prices.
4. Repeat 1-3 until you piss off 75% of the users on the site and make them quit.
5. Announce that the site doesn't produce as much interest for new users like it used to. Shut it down and run away with all the money made.

6. release 18+ site that you can make pay-to-play

Stellar Succubus

Yea, this is what's been said a lot lately, but it's pretty much it.

Another way to stop it is to stop focusing on items. But the final scenario will happen quicker if folks stop spending.
{TinierMe did this, lol. I don't see this happening soon, but possibly in the future. Right now it looks to me like they are trying to get new users interested with all the new features and games. If that doesn't work, then we'll be seeing a lot worse scenario than the current one in the future.}

Fashionable Nerd

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
♥ ♥
Lol, these threads.

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Decorated Pumpkin

18,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Protagon
Nii Amikasame

Dernier Cri's alright, but... the items there aren't that versatile. Some of the most wanted items on the site can be worn in many ways. I feel less gung-ho about dropping my gold on a one-pose item, which, sad to say, makes up pretty much all of Dernier Cri's selection.

So maybe if they upped the quality of the items. Not much of a goldsink if nobody's buying, after all.

Tipsy Cat

9,225 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Nii Amikasame
They're on the right track with introducing higher end items in the gold shops. But I don't really see that fixing the inflation.

It'll help stabilize the market in a few months, but prices wouldn't be back to how it was before they introduced the gold RIG.

Tipsy Cat

9,225 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Soubi-chu
♥ ♥
Lol, these threads.

Lol, these posts.

Anything good to contribute in the thread, dear?

Fashionable Nerd

CreamShoe
Soubi-chu
♥ ♥
Lol, these threads.

Lol, these posts.

Anything good to contribute in the thread, dear?

Hm yeah I'll contribute something, dear.
    You might be right or wrong. We will see in time.

Now I will sit back and enjoy watching all of these
    threads continue to pop up. I really wonder why people
    don't just do a mass exodus already.

Destructive Bunny

Soubi-chu

Why quit when Gaia provides a steady stream of entertainment int he form of drama?

It's better than the movies. I'm just waiting for the next thing they'll pull already.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff