26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Pie
Hassli
xcrimsonlegendx
Quick burn it before Hassli get here!
YOU SAY MY NAME THREE TIMES. YOU SUMMON ME!

I thought that was NPCs!
ALSO HASSLIS

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

I am reasonably sure the scaling issues in the zOMG areas for Towns 2 are the result of a NeXuS shrink ray experiment gone haywire.

I mean, I found X wandering around outside the Sealab, and look at how tiny he is.

User Image

YES I KNOW I'M BEING A DORK. LET ME GET MY KICKS IN WHILE WE'RE ALL SHRINKY-DINKED.

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Pie
I am reasonably sure the scaling issues in the zOMG areas for Towns 2 are the result of a NeXuS shrink ray experiment gone haywire.

I mean, I found X wandering around outside the Sealab, and look at how tiny he is.

User Image

YES I KNOW I'M BEING A DORK. LET ME GET MY KICKS IN WHILE WE'RE ALL SHRINKY-DINKED.
That's awesome. XD

Handsome Flashback

Pie

User Image

I miss shrinky dinks.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

LabTech705
I miss shrinky dinks.

They're not around anymore?

Also, I've got a Beach Party thread going that's pretty much just a shameless attempt at getting some fanart of Pie and X.

And then an NPC came in and did some bad rapping, and I... uh...

You know what, I'll quote it here, but I'll spoiler it.

Pie
All right, he's totally not doing it. Looks like it's up to me to provide more terrible rapping.

Hey, Redington Riegel II! Top this!

Here's to the X man, the dark-and-complex man
The bambino-of-the-Gambino-projects man
Cloned from the genes of a madman of means
But kept down in the lab with all bunnies in green

Yeah, he fought the 'G, 'cuz he got the remedy
But now he's back to attack the commonality
Hate all you want, but you gotta respect
The sinister scarf of the notorious 'Tech!

So let yo' booty get an-i-mated
To a beat that's hot and sync-o-pated!
And if the rhymes are too sick, you best pick the lunatic
'Cause he's got the shot to get vac-ci-nated!

... ... ...

I'm a dork. You're free to pretend you don't know me. sweatdrop

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

So, hm. I'm curious about what the Legionnaires think about all this plot stuff.

Just in case anyone's out of the loop: the Gambino family has been revealed as the descendants of the Titan of Ambition. Gaia has called Gino the last descendant, and that if he died, so would a piece of humanity's ambition. She has also said he may be the last one who can defeat Nyx.

Which has made a lot of people stop and ask, "What about X?"

What do you think it means, guys? There's a lot of ways to interpret this, such as:

1. zOMG!'s version is non-canon, X was not a clone of Johnny and is probably dead. ( emo )
2. The cloning was imperfect, meaning X isn't a "true" descendant of Gambino.
3. Gaia, Nyx, and everyone else doesn't know about X being a clone. The Gods are not 100% omniscient, after all.
4. Gaia's choosing her wording so as not to tip Gino off about X. Possible set-up for X's surprise return?
5. This is all just a big plothole because the creators forgot about X, and they'll think of some explanation later. ( emo )

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
User ImageI'm torn on #1.

I remember it being said that zOMG! was like a side plot and not really canon and I believed that for a very long time but then later on they mixed it in by using the fluffs and that Blaze girl for the What the Fluff event... I mean, what the hell was that? I guess for X's sake I hope it is canon I guess but I still prefer pre-zOMG! LabTech X over the Luchadore wrestler we have now.

2. They're still part of the same being, Johnny's essence, his DNA, his genetic material was used to create X and the other clones. I believe there must be some divinity in X if that's the case, I don't think being a god or demi-god would work like that, if Zeus chopped off his toe and the toe became sentient, that toe would have divine origins and probably be pretty magical. Being divine from a scientific perspective would probably be a part of your entire body, its not like your brain is the godly organ, your whole being is infused with it so making a clone would have some of that god-juice in it too. Though probably quite diluted I'm sure.

Does that mean that X could technically contain Johnny's essence and be away for Gambino to return somehow? Extract that from him, like X extracted Johnny from Gino?

Sadly most of this is just crazy because the folks writing it probably didn't take zOMG! into account.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Aw, I like Luchadore X! ... okay, I can see why the face mask might be seen as a little less than fashionable. But I like the backstory and NeXuS, and I do find the black scarf kinda neat, at least when it's in the Reveal pose. Maybe they just need to change his outfit again?

Whether or not the divinity is passed on via DNA is... well, it depends on what magic rules Gaia's using. There's plenty of folklore that considers the spirit separate from the flesh, meaning the divinity might be coded in the spirit -- something G-Corp wouldn't have any control over -- rather than the genes.

Still, the more it comes up, the more I kind of hope Gaia either doesn't know about X or is being deliberately vague in her wording, because X being part of this god family would be pretty neat. Would explain his magical scarf-billowing powers.

Also, huh, I never considered that theory before. It'd be an interesting way to play the anti-hero, for sure. And I know "Johnny coming back" is pretty much the one thing everyone wants most to come out of the storyline.

I've been avoiding mentioning it in other threads, but... I'm actually not so sure it makes much sense to say they wouldn't have accounted for it. I mean, this is all one long story that started with Demonbusters, which came out exactly one year after zOMG!... back when the game was still active and had some hope for its future. And while the storyline has surely undergone numerous revisions since then, Gambino's fall was very early, just that following spring. It's more than plausible that they already had the Gambino family story planned out from back then, and I doubt they would've wanted to so quickly joss a critical piece of zOMG!'s canon...

So... maybe, just maybe...

... ... ...

Yeah, I know. This is all just wishful thinking, I'm sure. crying

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Help. Help help help. Guys, I'm turning into more of a conspiracy theorist with each update.

FIRST: Gaia just conveyed that each Gambino "feels" that ambition in different ways. This suddenly makes sense for X -- at first, I thought he didn't really show any sort of ambition like Gambino's, that his 'whistleblower' role kinda casts him as more concerned about others than his own gain.

But 'personal gain' isn't really necessary for ambition. After all, ambition is -- if you'll excuse me for quoting the dictionary -- "an earnest desire for some type of achievement or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth, and the willingness to strive for its attainment". He is out to achieve something, it's just not fame or wealth or anything like that... for early X I'd say it's retribution, and later X it's control, but both are these are debatable. Whatever it is, he's also more than willing to do what it takes to accomplish his goals.

Maybe X really has already shown those Titan colors?

SECOND: If that first point is on-mark, X's plan in zOMG! is pretty much perfect. Gaia tells Gino that the more people resist, the stronger the Gambino bloodline gets... and what did X do? He unleashed an army of mooks for Gaians to resist against. That would mean that the more they fight the animated, the stronger he gets... and the more they use the rings, the more G'hi energy is released, creating more animated to fight.

I say 'pretty much' because that basically means he would never be able to win. If Gaians surrendered, he would probably lose a lot of his strength, putting him back down to where the Gaians could probably take him on. ... christ, he's a scaling boss!

THIRD: Gaia just admitted that one of her own sons is beyond her sight. Shouldn't her sons be the ones she can see most clearly, considering they're big shiny god people? This is pretty much proof positive that there are things she doesn't know, which seriously helps that "maybe Gaia doesn't know about X" theory hold water.

someone hold me back I'm starting to get my hopes up

Aged Misfit

Ahhh, I forgot about this guy. It's been about a year and a half since I last did zOMG endboss (and his last appearance on main Gaia was the month before I joined *sobsob* I missed all the good stuff...at least I've read the mangas.)

The recent 'Gino is a Titan' blahhblahh now has me wondering as well. I'm curious to see where the manga goes (and zOMG really does need to be canon, yesyes)

Pie

Who cares? Conspiracy theories are fun. I like the way you are thinking. smile
(and we keep bumping into each other :3 )

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Draconic Oni
Ahhh, I forgot about this guy. It's been about a year and a half since I last did zOMG endboss (and his last appearance on main Gaia was the month before I joined *sobsob* I missed all the good stuff...at least I've read the mangas.)

The recent 'Gino is a Titan' blahhblahh now has me wondering as well. I'm curious to see where the manga goes (and zOMG really does need to be canon, yesyes)

Pie

I've been waiting for his return since zOMG!, sitting on Gold Beach like a puppy waiting for its owner to come home. I just want to believe his story isn't over yet. crying

Plus seriously, he would fit into the storyline so well now. I know I'm probably just going to end up disappointed in the end, but...

Aged Misfit

Pie
Draconic Oni

Pie

I've been waiting for his return since zOMG!, sitting on Gold Beach like a puppy waiting for its owner to come home. I just want to believe his story isn't over yet. crying

Plus seriously, he would fit into the storyline so well now. I know I'm probably just going to end up disappointed in the end, but...
Keep fingers crossed hoping our Gaian overlords (the staff0 see us? xD

But no really, it would be a crime. sad I find myself going to Gold Beach a lot too hoping for smeb crews (the last one was so glorious crying )

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Draconic Oni
Pie
Draconic Oni

Pie

Keep fingers crossed hoping our Gaian overlords (the staff0 see us? xD

But no really, it would be a crime. sad I find myself going to Gold Beach a lot too hoping for smeb crews (the last one was so glorious crying )

Still very, very tempted to quest for a Golden Ticket just to make a NeXuS tribute item. That's one way to show that X is wanted, right? User Image

I've given up on finding zOMG! crews. There's not enough people playing anymore. Which is a shame, because I was too busy when DMS first came out to play it much, meaning I barely started those quests... emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff