Welcome to Gaia! ::

bensolos's Queen

Star-Crossed Partner

27,315 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Married 100
Yeah, I'm waiting until the manga's done to make any judgements.
There's no point in crying wolf or slut, in this case, it looks like until we actually, you know, know what happened.
Then again like it's been said: Cordell isn't even a really reliable narrator.
My guess?
Cordell is going to tell this story that'll paint the vampire to be some horrible homewreckin' bloodsucker, and then later on, (probably towards the end of or after the event) we'll get the REAL version.
Which, personally, I'd like, and I'd be looking very forward to.

Also can I just...people who are arguing that 'DONT TELL ME THIS IS REALISM THERES ELVES AND VAMPIRES AND s**t RARGH'
I really don't like that argument. It's pretty empty.
Fantasy can have elements and doses of realism in it. It makes it more believable, more relatable to its readers/viewers, and usually more interesting.
This IS Gaia using that technique. Just because this is outside your comfort zone doesn't mean it's a) wrong
b) something that shouldn't be allowed/talked about
or c) okay for you to condemn or talk down to or judge other people who are more accepting of it than you because of it.
How about we get off our high horses for a while and at least let the manga chapter finish
I think that sounds like a good plan yes

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Darling Lady
There's no point in crying wolf or slut, in this case, it looks like until we actually, you know, know what happened.
My guess?
Cordell is going to tell this story that'll paint the vampire to be some horrible homewreckin' bloodsucker, and then later on, (probably towards the end of or after the event) we'll get the REAL version.

Also can I just...people who are arguing that 'DONT TELL ME THIS IS REALISM THERES ELVES AND VAMPIRES AND s**t RARGH'
Fantasy can have elements and doses of realism in it. It makes it more believable, more relatable to its readers/viewers, and usually more interesting.
This IS Gaia using that technique. Just because this is outside your comfort zone doesn't mean it's a) wrong
or c) okay for you to condemn or talk down to or judge other people who are more accepting of it than you because of it.
How about we get off our high horses for a while and at least let the manga chapter finish
I just hope it comes together well.

I love it when that happens.

*smokes cigar*

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Herod
Professor Varnham
Herod
Having a desire to see traditional values is not slut shamming.
My issues were her neglecting her responsibilities as a parent and over used plot devices.

How do you know she rejected her responsibilities as a parent? She could have brought Luca with her when she ran away. The text only says she rejected her High-Born husband.

Wanting to avoid cliches is fine, but preaching about traditional values is shooting yourself in the foot.
How is wanting to see functional families preaching? And don't give me the "it's realistic" line. There are dark elf seances involved in this story, this is fantasy land.
But here's the thing.
You don't what happen next.

You honestly don't, so please stop with the high horse act, it's getting silly.

And fantasy can and will have various doses of realism, or did you not know that?

Inquisitive Bibliophile

I was more surprised so many people were suddenly all "Ohnoes! Luca has a sad childhood. I FEEL SORRY FOR HIM NOW! I should have waited and chosen the dark elves!!!1!!" Even if his sob story is "Mommy cheated and daddy tossed us out. 8( " I don't feel that's a very good excuse for deciding to slaughter all the gods ever....oh...and Gino.

And if they pull the "Mommy cheated with a vampire and pissed off some random gods and they bullied her!" card, I STILL won't feel sorry for him because he's killing of people who probably weren't even involved. gonk

Having sad mommy problems doesn't excuse murdering people. And it doesn't really make me feel bad for him considering Cordell seems to have adapted without devolving into murderous rage and all that....

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

Your Blushing Paladin
Herod
Professor Varnham
Herod
Having a desire to see traditional values is not slut shamming.
My issues were her neglecting her responsibilities as a parent and over used plot devices.

How do you know she rejected her responsibilities as a parent? She could have brought Luca with her when she ran away. The text only says she rejected her High-Born husband.

Wanting to avoid cliches is fine, but preaching about traditional values is shooting yourself in the foot.
How is wanting to see functional families preaching? And don't give me the "it's realistic" line. There are dark elf seances involved in this story, this is fantasy land.
But here's the thing.
You don't what happen next.

You honestly don't, so please stop with the high horse act, it's getting silly.

And fantasy can and will have various doses of realism, or did you not know that?

What I think is silly here is that people continue to bring up her thread after she has attempted to stop the discussion all together and put it behind her.
Just do what she asks and take down the thread, if anything that'll make you seem like a better person to the latter. :c

On topic though;
I really have no clue what the devs are planning for the event, I really hope it's exciting though! emotion_c8 I'm with you and many other people, hoping to see some PvP related event, that way we can pick around and actually find rivals. xd (In regards to that Rival thread started two days ago.) On the forum though, I like it to be a little more traditional. However, I will not be disappointed if there is flash in it as well. What would be very neat if it was a mixture of both....

Yeah, that'd be freaking awesome. X3

Original Explorer

I literally laughed out loud when the link actually took me to wikipedia User Image

Shadowy Rogue

14,500 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Darling Lady
My guess?

Now is when I wish I could enter gold amounts in the tip jar......

I'm all for speculation, but some folks are seriously getting on the 'OMG HOW WRONG!!!111elevensies' bandwagon a bit too soon.

None of us know what led to that yet, and Cordell can only tell her version of it. Histories accuracy lies with the teller of the history after all. Let's just see what happens eh?

Lavish Lunatic

StrawberryZ0mbie
And if they pull the "Mommy cheated with a vampire and pissed off some random gods and they bullied her!" card, I STILL won't feel sorry for him because he's killing of people who probably weren't even involved. gonk
I'm so tempted to pull out the Kurosmom=Rosalie crackpot theory. Because then killing gino would make total sense. He was the only son where mommy actually stuck around until she was 'killed'. HE STOLE MY MOMMY! scream

Now we need to know why Luca wants the gods dead and we're done!

Inquisitive Bibliophile

Anabaena
StrawberryZ0mbie
I'm so tempted to pull out the Kurosmom=Rosalie crackpot theory. Because then killing gino would make total sense. He was the only son where mommy actually stuck around until she was 'killed'. HE STOLE MY MOMMY! scream

Now we need to know why Luca wants the gods dead and we're done!

I'm fairly certain they're going to try to impress upon us that Kuro is just misguided/misunderstood. And that's going to annoy me just because I hate when writers build up this villain as a complete jerk then suddenly go "Oh, but you should feel sorry for him!!!!" at the last minute. emotion_donotwant

But if everyone hates Kuro and he is an obvious villain who is, you know, killing people for no reason and all that, there's not really a way for the story to have a lukewarm ending where the sides either reconcile or, for whatever reason, there's no real winner (like BOO vs SIN) so I'm sure that's what's driving the current Dark Elf angst fest. Either both sides have to be sympathetic or they both have to suck completely.

Vampires are already sympathetic because Kuro is picking on his subordinates and the whole Ian/Louie thing. So now they have to make Kuro sympathetic too. XD

Gino stole everyone's mom. emotion_donotwant

Lavish Lunatic

StrawberryZ0mbie
Haha, wel given the fact that before this whole fiasco he was rather likeable(rejected olympics 200 cool .. I'm actually assuming he's possessed by something that 'enhances his negative feelings' or whatever.

I don't think gaia's plot has ever had a serious villain. They're all likeable in a way. Serious villains make scary stories, I guess they don't want that for a PG-13 site or something..
And the sexy stuff is totally okay.. xd

He even stole my mom! Breaking the fourth wall and everything!

Inquisitive Bibliophile

Anabaena
StrawberryZ0mbie
Haha, wel given the fact that before this whole fiasco he was rather likeable(rejected olympics 200 cool .. I'm actually assuming he's possessed by something that 'enhances his negative feelings' or whatever.

I don't think gaia's plot has ever had a serious villain. They're all likeable in a way. Serious villains make scary stories, I guess they don't want that for a PG-13 site or something..
And the sexy stuff is totally okay.. xd

He even stole my mom! Breaking the fourth wall and everything!

I think Zhivago is the closest thing to a serious villain and people love him because he's a complete and total loser. emotion_awesome

Gino took my mom too. Gino has a secret harem of moms down in the ship's cargo hold. That's the real reason he's been showing some sparks of manhood lately. 8D

Magical Girl

26,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
I thought it was awful because it's overused, so overused it had already been used in the plot before with another family. =/

Lavish Lunatic

StrawberryZ0mbie
I think Zhivago is the closest thing to a serious villain and people love him because he's a complete and total loser. emotion_awesome

Gino took my mom too. Gino has a secret harem of moms down in the ship's cargo hold. That's the real reason he's been showing some sparks of manhood lately. 8D
Well, he was stupid enough to be bound to luca through that glove..
He just makes me want to go all baby-talk on him, just to see his reaction.. xd

But no matter what age you are, moms always make you feel like a child. Maybe he's kidnapping other peoples moms to see if Rosalie is among them. Even a lookalike would be fine.. rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff