Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Ever since the manga updated yesterday, something sinister has been brewing here in the GCD...

Or stupid, whatever works for ya.

What I'm talking about is the recent uproar over Vampires and Don's Mom in the plot.
More so this plot update.

We've had everything from "Slut"-slamming to Vampire intolerance

I'm not all going to go into the whole "characters are just ideas made by humans to appeal to ourselves and others. Therefore they're gonna be flawed" argument.
Cause that would be too easy, and easy mode is for chimps.

But all this fuss is over one page.
One page that really didn't tell much other than the fact that Don's Mom liked a vampire.

We don't know what happen afterward, or what didn't happen. We don't know if that Servant actually loved Don's Mom back, or ratter her out or what. We don't know anything yet.

We can't even trust the narrator, Cordell. After all, not every narrator is reliable.

She admitted to not know the story well, two pages before.

Yet some people are content with bashing everyone and everything anyway.

So GCD, so far we know that Don's side of the family somehow went from noble-hood to crime-hood and somehow this involves Don's Mother.

Maybe she was the that thing Luca was talking to "Loyalty", maybe not. Who can say for sure right now.

~~~

As for the discussion, what type of an event do you think we'll get?
Flash? Forum? Both?

I hope we get some-kind of PVP type event! But mostly I pray that the event items are mega cool.

...And maybe a Jack-themed witch hat.
We can ever have enough witch hat, brohams.

Capitalist

Not liking gaia's story direction is not slut shamming.

Take down my thread.

Dapper Flip-Flopper

I presume it'll be kind of like a the werewolves vs vampires event in a sense that it will be PVP.

as for the bashing and pointless "Boohoo" threads they are common threads but they are usually made in the event forum which isn't up yet but that could be because the event will probably be 50/50 forum+flash.

meaning it'll take longer for the forum to be rolled out.

As for the story, aye can't complain, complaining won't do much but create negativity most of the time best to drink tea and eat some toast.

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Herod
Not liking gaia's story direction is not slut shamming.

Take down my thread.
Sorry, it's tramp-slamming them.

Herod
SO there I was, getting all stoked for the event.
Making new avatars.
Chatting about it in all the forums.

Suddenly!
A new dark elf manga comes out.
Classic 24hr page releases.
What looks like an interesting background story.
OMG cute elf family!
I'm stoked!

Today!
WHAT. THE. ********.

GAIA.
I WOULD LIKE TO TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MORALITY AND RESPONSIBILITY.
I can tolerate one, maybe two stories that are launched because someone was completely unfaithful and had no moral conscious about how their actions will affect their children and family.
So I see this naked mother figure.
And I'm all like.
"WHAT ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN YOU STUPID SELF CENTERED TRAMP."

I do not feel Gaia is setting a good example.
Love is important.
But make those decisions before you are unhappily married.
Stop telling me it is okay to be an adulterer Gaia.

Call me old fashioned GCD.
But I can't be the only one bothered by this scandalous and over used plot tool.
emotion_donotwant

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
K4M
I presume it'll be kind of like a the werewolves vs vampires event in a sense that it will be PVP.

as for the bashing and pointless "Boohoo" threads they are common threads but they are usually made in the event forum which isn't up yet but that could be because the event will probably be 50/50 forum+flash.

meaning it'll take longer for the forum to be rolled out.

As for the story, aye can't complain, complaining won't do much but create negativity most of the time.
I wonder what background they're used for the event forums emotion_kirakira

I loved some of the others in the past, maybe Gaia should put some up for downloads

Capitalist

Having a desire to see traditional values is not slut shamming.
My issues were her neglecting her responsibilities as a parent and over used plot devices.

Aekea Gaian

Herod
My issues were her neglecting her responsibilities as a parent and over used plot devices.

How do you know she rejected her responsibilities as a parent? She could have brought Luca with her when she ran away. The text only says she rejected her High-Born husband.

Wanting to avoid cliches is fine, but preaching about traditional values is shooting yourself in the foot.

Gambino Businessman

12,450 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yeah I have to admit people are being babies.
"Oh no Don Kuro's mom had a affair with a vampire, that's totally wrong"
Take a chill pill everyone its just a manga on a anime forum website. If you don't like their idea's get off the website nobodies forcing you to be here.

Capitalist

Professor Varnham
Herod

How do you know she rejected her responsibilities as a parent? She could have brought Luca with her when she ran away. The text only says she rejected her High-Born husband.

Wanting to avoid cliches is fine, but preaching about traditional values is shooting yourself in the foot.
How is wanting to see functional families preaching? And don't give me the "it's realistic" line. There are dark elf seances involved in this story, this is fantasy land.

Aekea Gaian

Herod
Professor Varnham
Herod

How is wanting to see functional families preaching? And don't give me the "it's realistic" line. There are dark elf seances involved in this story, this is fantasy land.

so like

if Luca's mom ran off (with Luca) and settled down with her new vampire mate or whatever

with Luca

that wouldn't be a functional family?

Capitalist

Professor Varnham
I guess we'll just wait and see where the story goes.

Demonic Lover

Not to mention, we also don't know how her husband was, it's the first time he's ever mentioned. Granted, he could've been the best dad and husband ever, loving and caring for them in every way but he also could've been very selfish, mean and unloving, when cheating happens in fiction, specially in a "high-born" couple, the partner isn't generally all that good x 3x; and I really don't care about traditional values, if her husband didn't care for her and her marriage was rotten she had the right to get out of it, granted she should've picked a better way (yet again, we don't know exactly how it happened and exactly how she handled it). I just don't think we should judge her until we know a bit more, she'll probably turn into a half spider monster before we know more about her anyway XD;;;

I can't wait for her SD+! okay okay I'll shut up...

User Image
People jumping to conclusions before they even know anything? Oh no, I totally wouldn't have seen that coming. /s

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

-read posts-
-looks at the threads-

God people can be so stupid sometimes....
yeah, I forgot the internet is for serious business.... rolleyes

-reads Vivi post-
I agree w/her
you can't judge a book for its cover... we should first WAIT and see what will happen

also, if you don't like how Gaia manage the plot, just leave? or don't join the event?
I'm ok w/anything Gaia gives us.. good or bad, morality talking, because I'm enough mature to not change my own moral and mind because a website... doh

Cluttered Gaian

I think it's fine that she fell in love with somebody. I'm personally just angrily complaining about the fact that the emphasis in the statement was on "...a vampire", which made it a fantasy interracial romance cliche that I'm starting to be bored with.
If she wants to cause some drama because her husband and people are emotionally stifling, more power to her. I hope she gets some character development and we all get more reasons to like her. [[EDITED TO ADD: she's gorgeous, so that's one reason.]]
From a feminist perspective though, I doubt we'll have this chance, because she so far exists solely for giving her son angst and nothing I see indicates a shift in that.

Some of us have fun by overanalysing, tbqh. Or we're not able to have fun until we're sure we understand what we're reading, until we're sure what it means for others. Which means critically examining it.

About the forum race wars though... Ugh. Some of it's in good fun (see: everything posted by gum disease), but some people use it as a cover for their real racist feelings without knowing how much they're projecting, and it goes too far and gets really uncomfortable for the rest of us. No real way around it, though. /:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff