Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50
So sometimes I hang out in the exchange to buy stuff to sell for profit (at least it's supposed to work like that.) And sometimes I feel a little bit like an a** when I do it.

I mean essentially, it's like, I want to make the most profit, right? In order to do that I have to barter myself the best deal. Which means that the other person isn't getting the price they want out of their item. Which is actually my plan. The less you get, the more I get.

And sometimes I see someone I know, like a fellow GCDer either selling an item or bidding against me. When I see them selling something, I usually avoid it, because I feel bad. If I recognize someone, there's a good chance they recognize me. Do I really want people to think of me as 'that guy who ripped me off 200K'? Especially when I may run into them. People remember that kind of thing, and it sticks with people.

And so I was thinking about using my favorite mule as a vending mule. I know people who do, I know people who don't, but I'm just not sure if I want to. I mean a lot of times when I have stuff in the exchange I check it often for price cutters and what not. With a mule I can't do that, and so I don't really know if I want to use one.

Now I was just wondering if you do vend, do you use a vend mule?
Why or why not?
If you don't, but did, would you use a mule?
What are the benefits of having a vending mule?
Do you remember when rainbow toe socks were the s**t?

Ruthless Prophet

11,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
I don't use a mule to exchange.
I have no real reason to. It's tedious to split my wealth in half, especially when profit is usually not my first concern when it comes to the item(s) being sold.

A benefit to using a mule to vend might be that you can bypass any ignores you have on your main and procure items from people normally you'd rather see lit on fire.

No, I don't.

Wintry Dragon

Sounds like a good idea. Separate business from pleasure.

Mythical Shoujo

13,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Object of Affection 150
That's why when I vend or buy, I go for fair pricing and try to buy from people who legitimately want the gold for a quest/art and sell to people who want my items to keep for a while.

I don't care if I'm making a huge profit as long as I get what I want and I'm happy about who I sell to or buy from. I don't come to Gaia to play the market hard and rip people off, but somehow I still end up with an excess of gold. I'm sitting on top of 5m right now with absolutely nothing to do with it..

So.. emotion_c8 Let's all play nice~ If I can do it, you can too!
I never actually had the idea. o.o I'm not very good at vending, largely because I'm too respectful and generally insufficiently desirous of money and items to combat my desire to propose a fair price.

I'd be up for it though. I have mules where I'm more trite; it's kinda terrible but I hate to think anyone things poorly of who I am, and sometimes I just want to lash out and inhibit the role basic to internet stereotypes of recent events, largely involved with hiding behind the shield of anonymity. Also, when I say "trite" I mean "Go to the CB and post very forwardly polite remarks before anyone else can put something rude in, to make interesting changes to the progression of conversation". xD

So yeah, it sounds like a viable idea, but I don't. I can understand its merits though.
sounds like a good idea, but it does have the draw backs like you said.

When I vend, I feel like i offer a good price. if they wanted to try and make as much as possible, they could be selling it in the market place

Invisible Cat

I don't use my mules to sell items. I use them to hoard items for me. I don't sell on them because I don't go on them a lot.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Yeah I use a mule. To exchange and vend.

I use a mule to vend especially because of that whole risk factor of buying a hacked item and getting your TP disabled. If it happens, then it'll happen on my vend mule. I don't really vend large ticket items though so I'm not as much at risk for that sort of thing, I don't think. But it's always good to be cautious biggrin

A vend mule also means more space to sell items since there's that 10 limit thing.

As for the exchange it is definitely less awkward to haggle on a mule, or ignore low offers, especially if you sort of know the person you're dealing with. I don't use the Exchange much though. I'm more of a vend person because you don't have to deal with people as much.

Mega Noob

Yeah. My mule is solely used for vending/exchanging, though I mostly just sell stuff in the marketplace. I get really nervous when I'm in the exchange and people are like, "O hey, DC. I see you in the GCD. This is my offer." And then I'm like, "STFU. UR NAWT OFFURIN HI ENUFF ON MAH STUFF."

I makes me feel like less of a meanie if I'm an a*****e through my mule. rofl
DC-Chan
Yeah. My mule is solely used for vending/exchanging, though I mostly just sell stuff in the marketplace. I get really nervous when I'm in the exchange and people are like, "O hey, DC. I see you in the GCD. This is my offer." And then I'm like, "STFU. UR NAWT OFFURIN HI ENUFF ON MAH STUFF."

You don't need a mule though, you can just shift out of your bikini to trick GCDers into thinking you are someone else. rofl

Mega Noob

Krissim Klaw
DC-Chan

You don't need a mule though, you can just shift out of your bikini to trick GCDers into thinking you are someone else. rofl

But, I tried that today...And someone in the exchange was like... "DC. Even though your current avi is ******** fresh, where is your bikini?"

I realized it was teh n00b winks. I will have to get rid of them for complete anonymity and the chance to be a complete douche. emotion_donotwant
DC-Chan
Krissim Klaw
DC-Chan

But, I tried that today...And someone in the exchange was like... "DC. Even though your current avi is ******** fresh, where is your bikini?"

I realized it was teh n00b winks. I will have to get rid of them for complete anonymity and the chance to be a complete douche. emotion_donotwant
Instead of using noob winks try using pro winks instead. You know for those times when you plan to slit their throat before running off with all their goods wink

Dead Hellraiser

Why bother with a mule? When I'm in the exchange, I do my best to make both parties happy. (A little profit for me, but a fair price for the other person.)

Moonlight Ace

35,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
I don't see the point of using a mule to vend because I don't do it often enough, and I don't like going through the hassle that's involved in trading. I do use my mule to buy things on occasion, but that's usually if I'm already logged in and it's an item that I haven't seen on the marketplace recently but REALLY want.
I'm also not afraid of people being mad at me because I got an item they wanted, since that IS the point of bidding on stuff right? We both want it, so it's up to me to make an effort to get the item.

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50
DC-Chan

Yeah, you were actually one person I was thinking of that uses a mule. I would ask if I've ever tried to buy anything from you, but I doubt it.

Existential Existence
Yeah I use a mule. To exchange and vend.

I use a mule to vend especially because of that whole risk factor of buying a hacked item and getting your TP disabled. If it happens, then it'll happen on my vend mule. I don't really vend large ticket items though so I'm not as much at risk for that sort of thing, I don't think. But it's always good to be cautious biggrin

A vend mule also means more space to sell items since there's that 10 limit thing.

As for the exchange it is definitely less awkward to haggle on a mule, or ignore low offers, especially if you sort of know the person you're dealing with. I don't use the Exchange much though. I'm more of a vend person because you don't have to deal with people as much.

See, I'm usually a relatively nice guy, but in the exchange I'm not at all. I get pissed at people. I'll post links to the MP when people are asshats. I mean, I'm not an angel otherwise, but still, much much meaner in the exchange.

And I got this gif in my store, so it's like, if I use a mule I've wasted it. And I don't think I've hit the 10 item limit yet. Though, I have limited funds.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff