- Report Post
- Posted: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 19:59:25 +0000
- I feel like I've commented on a lot of threads about the 'equip view' feature over the years. rofl
I don't allow item view. I enjoy the mystery of figuring out someone's avatar, and vice versa. Although it's certainly easier to be able to see the item list with a single click, digging through tektek helps me learn about a LOT of other items' poses in the process. I find that knowledge more valuable than convenience.
- "Afraid of being copied" seems to be the main assumption that is made about users who disable viewing. While that may be the case for some people, there are many other reasons one might want to keep it disabled:
- I prefer not to have the ABP values of my items visible. Especially on forums where gold is being exchanged, (art shops? charity? Exchange?) it may change how someone acts to you.
- Knowing the items on an avatar can change how an artist draws your avatar. Sound weird? As someone who draws a bit myself, I've come across many avatar requests in the past with a high amount of pixel detail/layering where I wasn't sure what I was actually looking at. If you have an item list, you can imagine each item separately and bypass that problem. If you don't... then it's time for artistic license. biggrin
I am happy to answer PMs about specific parts/items of my avatar, in any case. I won't give out a full item list - you have to know what you're looking for first! 3nodding ✧
- - - -- ---✧✧