Welcome to Gaia! ::

Golden Ladykiller

¤§¤

»Hey GCD,

I've been away from Gaia for a couple of years now and decided to drop by recently. Of course, during my absence there've been a whole huge bunch of new items released and people are making some stunning avatars with them.

Since I've been away, of course I'm wanting to know what new items have come out. So when I see a stunning avi, I click to view equipped items and BAM, user does not allow viewing of currently equipped items.

It's showing up more and more. Of course I could go to tektek and attempt to hunt down the item I liked, but that can take an hour or more and it'd be so much easier to just see directly from the avatar in question.

So tell me. Do you allow viewing of your currently equipped items? Why/why not? And how do you personally catch up on what items have been released when you've taken a wee Gaia break (or not so wee, in my case lol )?

¤§¤

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
You're back ;3; <3

I personally don't care that I cant see peoples items, because I can identify most items by sight xD;; (its only when people are clever with layering that I'm tripped up)
I've never had to catch up on new releases because I never left 8D;

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

If I don't know, I just ask!
If I can't get an answer from a user because messages/prof comments are private or friends only, then I ask someone else.
3nodding
I forget if I keep mine hidden or not, and either way, I don't care that much. If people want to know, I'll respond to their questions

Golden Ladykiller

Hi-Potion
You're back ;3; <3

I personally don't care that I cant see peoples items, because I can identify most items by sight xD;; (its only when people are clever with layering that I'm tripped up)
I've never had to catch up on new releases because I never left 8D;
¤§¤

»I am! heart I missed you guys~

Yeah I used to be pretty good at eyeballing items but with so many new ones it can be hard to figure them out. You're doing pretty well if you can keep up with them all!

¤§¤

Golden Ladykiller

Slick Southpaw
If I can't get an answer from a user because messages/prof comments are private or friends only, then I ask someone else.
3nodding
I forget if I keep mine hidden or not, and either way, I don't care that much. If people want to know, I'll respond to their questions
¤§¤

»I'll admit, the couple of times I've asked people with hidden items they've been super friendly about it. <3 So that's always nice. I just worry that I'm prying, since they obviously hid them for a reason xd

Good on you for responding to their questions!

¤§¤

Stellar Succubus

A lot of folks just ask in AT or QA forums and the folks are willing to help, and then there's also tektek as well!

Mine should be visible, it usually is, and I have no problem with folks asking smile

Kawaii Shoujo

18,400 Points
  • Hero 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I've been back on Gaia for a few months now, but before that I was on a break for quite a while. I've been checking out the new items and tekteking a lot, but I can't keep up with all the new items, so people who hide their items makes me crazy D: I mean, I guess I understand why they do it (I've had my avatar "stolen" in the past) but it's frustrating x___x sometimes I do ask, but it happens so often that I usually don't even bother, haha.

Golden Ladykiller

Holly
I've been back on Gaia for a few months now, but before that I was on a break for quite a while. I've been checking out the new items and tekteking a lot, but I can't keep up with all the new items, so people who hide their items makes me crazy D: I mean, I guess I understand why they do it (I've had my avatar "stolen" in the past) but it's frustrating x___x sometimes I do ask, but it happens so often that I usually don't even bother, haha.
¤§¤

»That's pretty much what I'm going through lol. I totally understand why people do it and I respect their decision, of course! But it's hard to catch up on new items when you can't see what an avatar is wearing. Plus I don't want to bother people and ask!

¤§¤

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

la tromperie
Slick Southpaw
3nodding
¤§¤

»I'll admit, the couple of times I've asked people with hidden items they've been super friendly about it. <3 So that's always nice. I just worry that I'm prying, since they obviously hid them for a reason xd

Good on you for responding to their questions!

¤§¤

ah, I can see how you might feel like that at first
people have their reasons (regardless of it being justifiable according to you or not), and it's just much simpler to ask than to wonder if you're prying lol

Aww thanks. I've asked plenty of people what items they have on; even if their equipped list is visible, I can't figure out what pose it is they're using. Seems pretty fair to respond to other inquiries.

Golden Ladykiller

VVhip
A lot of folks just ask in AT or QA forums and the folks are willing to help, and then there's also tektek as well!

Mine should be visible, it usually is, and I have no problem with folks asking smile
¤§¤

»Oh that's a good idea, asking in the AT. I'll try that next time I'm stuck!

¤§¤

Kawaii Shoujo

18,400 Points
  • Hero 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Magical Girl 50
la tromperie
Holly
¤§¤

»That's pretty much what I'm going through lol. I totally understand why people do it and I respect their decision, of course! But it's hard to catch up on new items when you can't see what an avatar is wearing. Plus I don't want to bother people and ask!

¤§¤

I'll ask in the Dressing Room, but idk, it seems totally off topic in other forums and I don't want to be a weirdo & pm them xD but honestly, I can't keep track of all items & their poses D: most CS items nowadays have at least 5 poses and EIs can have 15-40. like I'm going to remember that

Stellar Succubus

la tromperie

Aye! Lots of people willing to help ^_^ I find tektek quicker than asking, but only since they added the broader categories!

Rainbow Worshipper

30,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
I don't allow it but that's because I want to encourage people to look at my profile xD
I actually have my equip list on my profile publicly.
I've never taken a hiatus from Gaia yet... So I don't know what I'd do to see what items I missed o.o

Fashionable Kitten

gaia_star
I used to hide my items, because I didn't want other people copying my avi
style cat_sweatdrop It can take a long time to design an avi outfit that you're
completely happy with, and many times in the past I've had users come along
and completely nix all my hardwork but just going out and buying all the items
I'm wearing cat_xd

I finally stopped caring a while ago, though. People can copy my avi or not
copy it, it's all fine by me! I was a lot younger when I cared, too, haha. Maybe
it's a young people thing?

gaia_star

Desirable Glitch

I dunno I like to have some secrets to my layering but I get asked about items I've had for entries in the arenas and most of the time if I can remember them I will give the whole list but I've had someone steal an avatar from me so I guess I am usually wary about that kind of stuff.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff