Welcome to Gaia! ::

DanieIle's Husbando

Sparkly Fatcat

19,100 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I used to not hide at all. That is, until one of my closests friends on gaia told me how they got their avis copied.

Really, every time I ask people what's the item on their avi, they always answer back. And I wouldn't mind answering either if someone ask me what mines are.
I hate when users have their items private.

but I understand why they do it. Just makes me furious I have to work harder to figure out what they are wearing. emotion_awesome

Royal Werewolf

43,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
Slick Southpaw
Who cares if you cannot see someone's equip list?
User Image

You can ask them or you can ask in Q/A or ask a good friend if they're super item savvy.

I have tried asking before...only to get the "This Person Only Accepts PMs from Friends Only." Oh yes, SO helpful! -_-'

On topic:

I don't have mine hidden. And, it's funny if people are like, "I must hide, so no one can steal it!!!!" rofl We CAN 'steal' your avi just by LOOKING at the items you're wearing! Yes, the avi I have now was taken from someone else, but I changed the hair style and added the stuffed animal and the little pixie thing. So, I really think it's stupid to have it hidden, since we can SEE what you're wearing anyways.

The only way I can see it being hidden is if you don't want to get hacked, but that's still not going to stop people from sending you the messages because they can SEE all those awesome items you're wearing.

Royal Werewolf

43,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
Lyanda
I used to not hide at all. That is, until one of my closests friends on gaia told me how they got their avis copied.

I've posed before, you don't need to have it hidden. We can SEE what you're wearing. If the person has the items you're wearing, then they can go, "Hey! I can do that!" Then run off to their avi and change it so it looks like yours.

DanieIle's Husbando

Sparkly Fatcat

19,100 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
_Mya_Kohler_
Lyanda

I've posed before, you don't need to have it hidden. We can SEE what you're wearing. If the person has the items you're wearing, then they can go, "Hey! I can do that!" Then run off to their avi and change it so it looks like yours.
That yes, with people like me who clutter their avis, it's hard to tell. If I change to this now, can you tell all the items that I've used?

And this is not the best example of clutter I have used.

Or this, for example, that I had just seen someone wearing.

User Image

Devout Senshi

I figure you can always pm if you have to know, and if you want to copy you're gonna have to work for it, grrrrrrl. dramallama

Royal Werewolf

43,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
Lyanda
That yes, with people like me who clutter their avis, it's hard to tell. If I change to this now, can you tell all the items that I've used?

I haven't been able to make a cluttered avi in a long time, so I can see what you mean. But, my avi was taken from someone else, I just changed up a few items. I didn't even need to look at the equip list. I studied the items, then went off and made the outfit. Just saying that those who are spazing because their avis will be copied if they have their list up should think that just because we can't see it doesn't mean that we can't see what they're wearing and still copy it.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

_Mya_Kohler_
Slick Southpaw
Who cares if you cannot see someone's equip list?
User Image

You can ask them or you can ask in Q/A or ask a good friend if they're super item savvy.

I have tried asking before...only to get the "This Person Only Accepts PMs from Friends Only." Oh yes, SO helpful! -_-'

On topic:

I don't have mine hidden. And, it's funny if people are like, "I must hide, so no one can steal it!!!!" rofl We CAN 'steal' your avi just by LOOKING at the items you're wearing! Yes, the avi I have now was taken from someone else, but I changed the hair style and added the stuffed animal and the little pixie thing. So, I really think it's stupid to have it hidden, since we can SEE what you're wearing anyways.

The only way I can see it being hidden is if you don't want to get hacked, but that's still not going to stop people from sending you the messages because they can SEE all those awesome items you're wearing.
Which is why I stated you can ask elsewhere, like Q/A forum. As other people pointed out, you can check tektek too. Or ask a friend. Heck, I've probably asked people while quoting them in a forum.

It's not like it's impossible to find a workaround, which is what my point was initially.

And judging by your post, if you can so easily tell what's on an avi, why are you askin in the first place?

Regardless of a person's reason to keep an equip list hidden or not, I simply do not care. If I cannot ask them directly what item they have on, I will go ask elsewhere while saving their avatar/taking a screenshot.

Royal Werewolf

43,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
Slick Southpaw
Which is why I stated you can ask elsewhere, like Q/A forum. As other people pointed out, you can check tektek too. Or ask a friend. Heck, I've probably asked people while quoting them in a forum.

It's not like it's impossible to find a workaround, which is what my point was initially.

And judging by your post, if you can so easily tell what's on an avi, why are you askin in the first place?

Regardless of a person's reason to keep an equip list hidden or not, I simply do not care. If I cannot ask them directly what item they have on, I will go ask elsewhere while saving their avatar/taking a screenshot.

I only ask IF I see an item and think "Um...ok I've seen that before, but where?!" Other than that I pretty much have an idea of what the item is, then I'll go off and try and find it in the marketplace. Heck! It could be an item that I have that I haven't used in forever.

DanieIle's Husbando

Sparkly Fatcat

19,100 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
_Mya_Kohler_
Lyanda

I haven't been able to make a cluttered avi in a long time, so I can see what you mean. But, my avi was taken from someone else, I just changed up a few items. I didn't even need to look at the equip list. I studied the items, then went off and made the outfit. Just saying that those who are spazing because their avis will be copied if they have their list up should think that just because we can't see it doesn't mean that we can't see what they're wearing and still copy it.

Well, it's at least one shield of protection that can hold off some people, even if it can't prevent everyone. Usually, people having the equip list off uses difficult avis. Or at least, those are the people who has avis worth of copying, but honestly, most people don't. But still, it doesn't mean it's good to copy people. Having your own creativity is good. :C

Barton Lover

10,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Timid 100
  • Champion 300
Spirit Crusher

User Image

OMG YES.
Why are so many people on Gaia so up their own asses about how awesome they think they are?

DanieIle's Husbando

Sparkly Fatcat

19,100 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
Slick Southpaw
Can I please know who did that art in your sig? >w<

DanieIle's Husbando

Sparkly Fatcat

19,100 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
Chai Wolf
Spirit Crusher

User Image

OMG YES.
Why are so many people on Gaia so up their own asses about how awesome they think they are?

I think it isn't about self importance. I mean, I would totally leave it on just to show off how many expensive items I had.

Magical Kitten

Last week I posted that I hid my list because I wanted to. People have that right after all. That's why it's hidden now, but originally it was to keep away beggars. I used to get tons of pms asking for stuff my avi was wearing. It was really annoying, so I hid my list. It actually stopped most of the begging.
What I really can't stand are the claims that everyone who hides their list is a speshul snowflake. That's a little bit presumptuous don't you think?

Prophet

to op and anyone else who brings up this topic (which I swear appears once-twice a week and everyone is tired of):

shut up forever

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces