52,900 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Magical Gems 500
AS Roma
Camilia_Chan
omg juliet stop
I'm sorry it just makes me so angry... neutral

Don't worry about it; it's totally fine. I hide my equip list too, just to be safe. It's only shown on my profile, so you don't have to see it multiple times. ^^
your avatar,it's wonderful o3o

Aww, thank you so much! So is yours! biggrin

Mega Winner

10,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
Camilia_Chan
AS Roma
Camilia_Chan
omg juliet stop

Don't worry about it; it's totally fine. I hide my equip list too, just to be safe. It's only shown on my profile, so you don't have to see it multiple times. ^^

they match well together
gold and silver
4laugh

Sacher Torte's Husband

Diamond Darling

14,725 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I don't personally hide my avatar, because my avatars aren't all that interesting/original so there's no need to hide the items.

Whenever I see that box, it doesn't bother me. So I have to go to a bit more effort to find out the item in particular, so what? It's no more effort than the user I saw it on had to go to in order to find an item for their outfit. If they had to put in effort to find that find that item surely I can too. No need to get all angry about it, it's not even that difficult to find out these days.

Quote of myself:
Quote:
They have the choice, so it's really their right to execute it if they want to. I usually just ask them like in RL, I've not been declined an answer yet! Some people just want to know if people are interested in their avatar? And similarly to RL we don't just run up to someone wearing something we like and rip the clothing off them to have a gander at the the label, we'd ask right? ... Unless people are feeling particularly pervvy lol

Ways to find out the item:
1) Fastest way, just ask them. 95% of people are fine with telling you what the item is.
2) Tektek
3) Avatar Talk forum, they ALWAYS have the correct answer but they're awesome like that.

Rainbow Noob

4) Ask Q&A.

Slick (and perhaps others that I missed) already mentioned it, but Q&A is a great place to ask about items. And I think they'll usually get back to people far faster (and more accurately, actually) than AT will. c:

@Topic~ If checking that "hide equip list" button makes people feel better, then so be it. I dunno their reasoning, but if it makes their life a little happier, whatever. :P

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I just ask politely and they tell me lol. People have their reasons.

Enthusiastic Otaku

52,900 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Magical Gems 500
AS Roma
Camilia_Chan
AS Roma
Camilia_Chan
omg juliet stop

they match well together
gold and silver
4laugh

Indeed they do~! smile

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
*quotes herself from last weeks thread*

VKiera
*beats the dead horse until it's a mass of bloody giblets*

There are 3 reasons people hide their equip lists.

1. People think they're some special snowflake and are afraid that 'omg someone might copy me' (I would add cosplay people who are in the arenas might be somewhat exempt from this)

2. They like getting PMs about what they're wearing from people just to stroke their internet ego.

3. or option 3, they just want to be asses.

That is all.

A side note, a large portion of the people who hide their equip lists on the little drop down menu don't take the 'what I'm wearing' feature off their profiles, which means they're really dim witted or they're taking option 2 even farther by making people visit their profiles.

Also...all these people talk about being copied. I don't know if no one wants to copy me or what, but I've never, ever had someone copy me. Where do you people hang out that you get copied so easily? Besides maybe the arenas. o.o;

I never hide my equip list, never did even when I was less well off on Gaia, I pity the fool who wants to copy most of the people around here, they better have pretty deep pockets. lol

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
You really care that much?? The reason alot of us do as we've had bad experiences in the past that led us to doing so. Just PM someone and ask 99% off the time they will happily respond.

I used to think the same but I have to admit positive encouragement of the GCD regs made me more comfortable asking. (Mostly you Southpaw)

CallMeCuriosity's Significant Otter

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
I really don't care if a person chooses to hide their equip list. I can easily find what I want on Tektek if I look hard enough, and you could always ask directly or ask in the Q&A/Avatar forums. Yeah, some people don't respond, but you're bound to get one person to tell you about it.

Either way, it's the person's choice if they want to hide their equipped items, and they frankly don't need any kind of reason at all to do so. Yeah, it sucks to see that you can't just easily look at a list and go "yeah that's it!" but it is really not that difficult to find out what items are what nowadays.

Partying Fatcat

14,750 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Ohmygod another GODDAMN thread. I should start making complain threads about other people complaining.

I edited my last post, due to me coming off as a b***h.

Anyway, ask Q&A or message people who has it hidden.

Fashionable Friend

I don't hide mine, but I see nothing wrong with people hiding theirs.

I message people all the time about items their avatar is wearing and I have never once been shut down for asking.

Special Snowflake

Because I'm filled with Batman-esque paranoia and dislike the idea of someone looking through my underpants with their x-ray vision, without letting me know that they are doing so emotion_awesome

Mega Noob

I usually either PM the person, or just ask one of my friends in a guild. As in, I post a screen cap of the avatar and I'm like, "That item! I like it! ANOTHER!".

I don't hide my equip list because I'm lame and my items are usually self explanatory/easy to find. xd

Blessed Wolf

lol yea i hate that too sad its frustrating

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
I hide mine because I'm pretty savvy with unique item layers that baffle people 8D
I usually post them in the arena... after I enter the Avatar Arena xD;; (if its a cosplay) because I know quite a few people will willingly rip off item layering tricks and combos without a second thought.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff