User Image

User Image User Image User Image
    this. so much.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
I hate it too, but I've learned to live with it. And I've learned ways to circumvent it sometimes, depending on the person's profile. If they have an old school profile layout, I can bring up the code and see what they have equipped. Sometimes in the new profile layouts, they'll have their equip list available there for some reason.

So yeah. Check their profile as a last effort. If not, oh well.

Big Bunny

gaia_diamond gaia_diamond gaia_diamond yum_coldone emotion_bigheart
      ✦ idc if my equiped list is hiden i didnt mean to, i dont even know lol
      pls jus go on tektek n look not a big deal

Mega Loiterer

9,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Loiterer 100
dude this thread has so many posts and i still get tipped sometimes..

Marytanna's Husband

Perfect Elocutionist

I hide it before when glitching / ghosting still exists.

But no, now I don't.

Super tired to PMs asking me what I am wearing.

Precious Reindeer

10,750 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
At times I dislike it since I want to know what someone is wearing, but now I just kinda give up and try to look for the item on my own. Eventually I'll get lucky and someone else who is wearing it will end up letting me see what it is, or I'll see exactly what it is on Tektek.

Greedy Drake

omg juliet stop
dude this thread has so many posts and i still get tipped sometimes..

Is that why you necro'd it?

Nimble Angel

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
I used to have my equipped list out in the open for people to see, but since somebody recently copied a lot of items from my avatar, I decided to hide it.

That and I do like the fact that hiding my equipped list means that person is welcome to send me a message asking what I'm wearing. That usually leads to good conversation on both ends.

Sheacka's Senpai

Wailing Pumpkin

18,025 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Jack-pot 100
omg juliet stop
Spirit Crusher

User Image

AGREE.

I just want to go on the record to say that I hide mine fore SEVERAL reasons...
a:hackers...these guys know how much my avi is..it could be a bad day for me.
B: I HATE copy cats...or someone stealing an item I like only o just to spite me and wave it around saying there avi is better and yada yada yada. It's why I wont touch the art of espionage for another month or so because everyone just had to clone my avi.
C: towns....nuff said.

Dedicated Seeker

The only time I ever get upset by this, is when someone posts in a Word Game where you need to know the item list (for the 'stealing' games, the 'we both own this item' games or the 'create a new version of this persons avatar). Otherwise, it's not that big of a deal.

Melodious Gekko

12,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Champion 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Heh, people who hide their list and say it's an opportunity for them to be messaged and start a conversation assume that the person looking for the item would be okay with having a conversation.

I would not be okay with this. I'd rather look for someone else who has the item and has their list public (on the tab or on their profile).

Golden Gaian

~ this is a friendly reminder that you do not have monopoly or copyright on item combos, neither are you a genius for coming up with one, and that you come off as an a*****e if someone asks you and you don't want to answer ~

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
well that was a several month necro.

Me, never did once I hide my equipped list. IDGAF is someone elses copies my avi (imitation is the best form of flattery).

Edit: As if a lot of users wanna be a lookalike of a Lovecraft entity anyways rofl
yeah it is quite odd. I mean I can see why, but I think it's being a bad sport

Lonely Girl

11,650 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I used to hide mine. But, I got frustrated that 80% of the time when I see people who have an item that I wanna buy, they're equipped list is hidden. It irks me as well. I once asked this girl what the name of her legs were (Dylene Poissonne) and she told me to find it myself using Tektek or something. I wanted to punch her in the face. It would've taken her less than a second to just TELL me what it was. I don't understand why some people are so protective of their outfits or items when there are plenty of other people who are wearing it as well. You're not special. You're not the only one wearing it, who is gonna wear it. Just tell me!

Edit: But, I think I'm gonna hide it again to protect myself. Not from copy cats. Idc about them. I change my outfit often.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff