Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Bunny

My equipped list is visible.

Someone copied my username before, which was quite unique, and altered it.
    But I took it as a compliment.

As long as the person is not stealing art I paid for or my profile, I don't care.

But if someone else wants to hide their avatar for reasons such as cosplaying in the arenas, I am fine by that too.
    It really depends on the reason behind it, as everyone has their own agendas..

Shapeshifter

Destrius
QUARAN7INE
Destrius
I used to have it hidden but finally came to the realization that I don't have a fancy enough avi for it to get stolen. xd
you would be surprised neutral
What?
Some hackers dont even care if you have a lot of nice things, they hack people just for fun or because they feel envious of you for something stupid, what ever the reason they may have... I got hacked 4 years ago by an ex friend of mine, just to hide his tracks from another hacking he did and as a result my account (this one) was blocked by gaia

Champion

QUARAN7INE
Destrius
QUARAN7INE
Destrius
I used to have it hidden but finally came to the realization that I don't have a fancy enough avi for it to get stolen. xd
What?
Some hackers dont even care if you have a lot of nice things, they hack people just for fun or because they feel envious of you for something stupid, what ever the reason they may have... I got hacked 4 years ago by an ex friend of mine, just to hide his tracks from another hacking he did and as a result my account (this one) was blocked by gaia
Oh that's a rather scary thought. You just always have to be vigilant and for the most part you should be fine.

Shapeshifter

Destrius
QUARAN7INE
Destrius
QUARAN7INE
Destrius
What?
Oh that's a rather scary thought. You just always have to be vigilant and for the most part you should be fine.
Yeah, that's one of the reasons I have my invo hidden, it took a loooot of emails and reports to get this account back.

Champion

QUARAN7INE
Destrius
QUARAN7INE
Destrius
QUARAN7INE
Destrius
What?
Yeah, that's one of the reasons I have my invo hidden, it took a loooot of emails and reports to get this account back.
Glad to hear that you got it back. smile
I already have a pretty good memory of Gaia's items, sometimes I actually use it to get a quick link to the buying page for the item on the marketplace to check the price on it. I have no need to imitate someone else's style. I used to hide my equip list but then I figured no one would care to copy my style and I was right, no one ever had (to my knowledge at least). It's never been an inconvenience to me and it can be an inconvenience to others so I choose not to hide it. It's not like I 'own' a combination of items and no one is allowed to use that just because I supposedly came up with it first.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Do you hide your equip list, if so then why?
Currently, my equip list is hidden. I'd like to answer why, but I can't even remember why I did it this way to start with sweatdrop In any case, if someone take the time to ask me about the name of an item I'm wearing, I will gladly answer them smile Even if my equip list is actually showing up on my profile which is public lol

Who even steals avies these days? (therefore it's stupid to hide them, -coughcough-.
I dunno... those which are trying to get gold by entering the arena or selling an outfit? To be honest, I can understand that it's annoying sometimes to see someone exactly dressed like you when you are trying to look unique. However, on the other hand, it's normal that people might feel inspired by your avatar and want to use themselves some combo of items you are using. So I think it's rather hard to say that some avatars were stolen in some cases sweatdrop

Hesitant Mystic

A Madness Most Discreet
teaparty in space
I don't get the whole hiding your equipped list thing.
I don't do it, I don't see the point.

Are people really that paranoid about others stealing their look?
Or is it a status thing so that no one knows if they're actually wearing a third gen Sainte Ciel, or whatever?
I don't know.

Easy for you to say when you have your equip list off
uh, no it's not. :/

Punctual Assailant

18,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
teaparty in space
A Madness Most Discreet
teaparty in space
I don't get the whole hiding your equipped list thing.
I don't do it, I don't see the point.

Are people really that paranoid about others stealing their look?
Or is it a status thing so that no one knows if they're actually wearing a third gen Sainte Ciel, or whatever?
I don't know.

Easy for you to say when you have your equip list off
uh, no it's not. :/

I think I quotes the wrong person here. sweatdrop

Devoted Cutesmasher

13,850 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Clambake 200
Eh, the way I see it, everyone has their reasons and it's really none of my business why they do it.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
My equipped list is always visible and I still get people asking what the name of an item I'm wearing is. rolleyes
Dark_Lady_Jade
rofl

The worst is when I see an avi with a cool item, and it's ONLY that avi I've seen with the item, and I can't see their list.

But just as frustrating is when I CAN see a user's equipped list, I see an item I like, look at every item they have equipped, every pose, and STILL can't find that one particular item or pose. mad
Like, yesterday, I saw an avi with two long white braids that hung all the way down to the feet. I looked at that user's list, looked at all the items, even looked in Salon Durem, and I could NOT find that hair! mad
I think its modus operandi hair + SC agape

or the hair in jittery jill doll o:

Also, I regarding the thread topic, I don't really care if they have the item lists hidden :p
I don't usually see anything interesting these days, and if I did, I could always find ways to know.

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

Pankontra
Dark_Lady_Jade
rofl

The worst is when I see an avi with a cool item, and it's ONLY that avi I've seen with the item, and I can't see their list.

But just as frustrating is when I CAN see a user's equipped list, I see an item I like, look at every item they have equipped, every pose, and STILL can't find that one particular item or pose. mad
Like, yesterday, I saw an avi with two long white braids that hung all the way down to the feet. I looked at that user's list, looked at all the items, even looked in Salon Durem, and I could NOT find that hair! mad
I think its modus operandi hair + SC agape

or the hair in jittery jill doll o:

Also, I regarding the thread topic, I don't really care if they have the item lists hidden :p
I don't usually see anything interesting these days, and if I did, I could always find ways to know.

What is the wig that you're using? Is it an Agape + other item combo?
I tried looking for it on tektek to no avail. emo

Star-Crossed Saint

14,425 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Battle: Cleric 100
I hide mine because I caaaaaaaaan. emotion_awesome

But seriously, people can do whatever they want. As long as it follows Gaia's rules, I don't care.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I don't have mine hidden because 1) I know it's a pain in the a** to see a nice item and not be able to find out what it is and 2) it's not a national ******** secret. Everyone on the site has just as much a right to expand their knowledge of Gaia's items as I do.

Besides, people who actually believe their item combinations are somehow super special and unique and should never be copied are deluding themselves. I can copy pretty much any avatar I see. I have a pretty good command of Gaia's items. Hiding an equipped list, from my own personal experience, hardly deters "stalkers," "arena ripoffs" or "people copying my avatar." I can very easily ask someone else, "What item is that?" and get an answer. So the block is useless. And for reasons of "identity," heh... My item combination is not my identity---my username is. So if someone really goes through all of the effort to copy my avatar exactly, well, kudos to them. They must've really liked my avatar. Now lemme take all of two seconds to change mine and frustrate the s**t out of them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff