Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
UGH THIS STUPID THREAD IS TOO LONG AND I'M TOO LAZY TO CHECK AND SEE IF I POSTED IN IT ALREADY

My honest opinion is that it's a dumb feature. Why not just make all lists immediately viewable? I certainly wouldn't be cryin' if gaia got rid of the "hide equipped list" feature. Then this stupid argument would be over too!

To be honest I barely ever use equipped lists for anything other than a quick link to the marketplace listing of an item that I'm interested in. So I've never been really helped or hindered by them. I don't get why this is such an issue.

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Obsequious Minion
UGH THIS STUPID THREAD IS TOO LONG AND I'M TOO LAZY TO CHECK AND SEE IF I POSTED IN IT ALREADY

My honest opinion is that it's a dumb feature. Why not just make all lists immediately viewable? I certainly wouldn't be cryin' if gaia got rid of the "hide equipped list" feature. Then this stupid argument would be over too!

To be honest I barely ever use equipped lists for anything other than a quick link to the marketplace listing of an item that I'm interested in. So I've never been really helped or hindered by them. I don't get why this is such an issue.

User Image King Blackwater:

When its come down to it we all have rights to our privacy and Gaia will respect that no matter how much butt hurt is shown.

I'd be upset if I couldn't hide it, when I did leave it viewable I'd get folks sending me PM's saying "Oh you have rich items you should give me gold" or asking to trade for and item I was wearing at the time. stressed

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
a Foure
Digital Fiend
I hide mine so people that really want to know are forced to talk to me. That way I know that they like something that I used and it's nice to just have a stranger talk to you about something cute/cool.

I don't do it because of the whole "copy my avi" thing.

I wanted to know what the hair was
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
But then I realized I didn't have to ask you.

Just so you know, you can see your default grey panties under the dress. I'd recommend some cream bloomers.

Cool.

Meh, I don't see them on my settings, so I'm good.

Eloquent Kitten

10,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Consumer 0
I hide my equipped list, 'cause I've had avis completely ripped off, item by item, from when I used to go on arenas every week or so.
Left it hidden since then.
People can PM me about it though, I don't mind telling them what item it is :3

Also had people begging me for a specific item I had on and that kinda stopped since I blocked the view of the list. So each one has theirs own reasons for blocking it.

Not saying I don't get frustrated when I see that sentence too, 'cause I've been away from Gaia for 2 years so I lost a LOT of new items that I'm getting to know now.
I ask people through PM or on Q&A forum, people are awesome and fast in their answers there :3

i think it's strange that you think i’m funny 'cause he never did

Anxious Lunatic

I do hide my equipped list.
Why? Because I want them to work hard to know what that item is.
Like a PM would be nice because I don't get them a lot.

I'm a bit of loser, okay. smile

Edit: Or if I ever come in contact with this same issue, I just stop by at TekTek and look for it. And if it comes down to it, I will ask the person what the item is.

Eloquent Kitten

10,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Consumer 0
i love you <3
your post is full of awesomeness!!!

RoChan
      â™”XHAR HAR HAR! Ay be more than happy to share mi treasure when a shipmate asks but my most precious of treasures are hidden far deep in the ocean where only ay may know.

HOWEVER! Me map has been hidden because of you scurvy land lubbers shoot yer cannons e'vry time ye can't find the map. Nuthin' like a good ol' fashion plank walk fer dogs such as yer self!

Translation: I always share if someone asks however there are some item combos that are not so easily made through matching and glitching that I don't share and I don't think anyone who should share.

Also I never used to hide my equip list until these threads started appearing. Now I do and keep doing so just so people like you can rage. Becuase no one should ever have to explain why or why not they use a function. If someone wants to hide it for whatever reason DEAL WITH IT. Move on. Seriously... the option is there for them to use let them use it and either ask them directly, ask the Q&A forum, ask someone else, or figure it out. You have options too.

Eloquent Kitten

10,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Consumer 0
also i hide 'cause i'm a very "speshuul snowflake" emotion_awesome

Hairy Fairy

37,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Over Easy 100
Yall don't get to see my items because the whole is greater than the sum of its parts
Even if my equip list were hidden, it'd be easy to replicate my avatar because all you'd have to do is search up "gold" in the marketplace and every item on my avatar is there, lol. So I don't bother with it.

Cuddly Mage

31,425 Points
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200

I've had mine stolen before, so its staying hidden for me.

Codebreaking Shapeshifter

Eruravenne
I never hide my equip list. I think it's completely stupid and pointless. It's just arrogant to think that someone is actually going to copy your entire avatar, item for item. rolleyes Probably the only people who are going to even attempt that are people with some bizarre vendetta against you, and if they're that creepily obsessed, they'll find some other way to learn what items you're wearing. Either that or your friends trying to troll you or something, and the same is true for them.

It's even more idiotic when people do it purely to be annoying. Like really? You have no better way of entertaining yourself than imagining all the annoyed Gaia users who can't see what items you have on your avatar? emotion_eyebrow
off topic, omg your sig....I want to sob now so much. AWW! my Blackie passed last year BUT OMG so cute, and lovley blue eyes.

Spirit Crusher

User Image

User Image

King Blackwater
Obsequious Minion

User Image King Blackwater:

When its come down to it we all have rights to our privacy and Gaia will respect that no matter how much butt hurt is shown.

I'd be upset if I couldn't hide it, when I did leave it viewable I'd get folks sending me PM's saying "Oh you have rich items you should give me gold" or asking to trade for and item I was wearing at the time. stressed
King, how did you format your posts before, I made a raiden avvie and I want to figure how you did the formating, was it IMG LEFT option??

Aekea Nerd

13,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
-Seraphoid-
off topic, omg your sig....I want to sob now so much. AWW! my Blackie passed last year BUT OMG so cute, and lovley blue eyes.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. sad But thank you, yes, he was a real cutie. I only wish I had thought to take pictures of him when he was older.

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
-Seraphoid-
User Image
User Image

Img (First image top of format) then img left (For side part.) xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items