Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Bunny

Why not? lol

Pierced Unicorn

31,665 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
I hide it because I was given the option to do so, and I don't care that it may be an "inconvenience" to others.
If someone needs to know an item I'm wearing, they're free to ask.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Angelic Healer

I don't like showing my items because in the past I have had avatars fully copied multiple times. I put in all that effort in making a good avatar on tektek only to have it copied. If another user wants to know an item or item combo I'm using, feel free to shoot me a PM. I don't bite.
I don't think I ever hid my equipment list before. I never encountered people taking my avatar before. I mean I have seen people with similar outfits than mine but can't be overly sure they were copied. I don't really worry so much about getting my avatar copied because my avatars are usually just very simple. However, I do care a lot when people take my avatar arts.. that's a different story though.

At least for this avatar, I don't think someone can copy it unless they have all of these items xD
Of course, the assholes are the first to suggest that people who use it are arrogant and haughty.

Popular Friend

There's no problem if you just ask the person what that one item is rolleyes

Don't be that lazy.
tinyko
Last week I posted that I hid my list because I wanted to. People have that right after all. That's why it's hidden now, but originally it was to keep away beggars. I used to get tons of pms asking for stuff my avi was wearing. It was really annoying, so I hid my list. It actually stopped most of the begging.
What I really can't stand are the claims that everyone who hides their list is a speshul snowflake. That's a little bit presumptuous don't you think?

~tips post~
This. Well said.

Because I can.

As if begging isn't annoying enough, it was driving me crazy having people ask me to actually take something off and give it to them! eek scream

Witty Lunatic

12,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Pain_The_Adventurer
Kitty
For the record- I think my avi is pretty BAD-A! and yet, I still leave my inventory open to share my awesomeness with all those not as amazing as myself. I know, I know, I'm such a giver!

You're avi is so awesome 3nodding STEAL STEAL STEAL.

Thanks! 4laugh

Malevolent Perfectionist

18,550 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
tinyko
What I really can't stand are the claims that everyone who hides their list is a speshul snowflake. That's a little bit presumptuous don't you think?

cat_stare Why is it that I get the feeling that you & I have, on occasion, had the displeasure of being harassed by an annoyingly arrogant child-in-a-grownup's-body who not only believes that she has the absolute right to know exactly what items a user has on their avatar at all times, but also has a severely rude & butthurt attitude problem? cat_whee cat_xp cat_burning_eyes

Magical Kitten

Corinth Maxwell
tinyko

cat_stare Why is it that I get the feeling that you & I have, on occasion, had the displeasure of being harassed by an annoyingly arrogant child-in-a-grownup's-body who not only believes that she has the absolute right to know exactly what items a user has on their avatar at all times, but also has a severely rude & butthurt attitude problem? cat_whee cat_xp cat_burning_eyes
It is a sad and unfortunate truth. cat_sad Personally I don't know where all the entitlement comes from, when its still incredibly easy to find out what a person is wearing by tektek or Q&A or simply asking the person.

Deadly Poster

5,950 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I don't usually see a bother, most of the things I wear (especially now that I've come back from Hiatus) are from the Gold shops, Fel, I'll even wear starter sets if it suits my fancy!

It does get annoying when I see this absolutely adorable item on a person and go "Ooh, what -is- that!" to find that they are being secretive about their clothing. Soooo...

I go to Tek tek, finally find the item after browsing for an hour, my curiosity is sated, and my wishlist has grown by another 10 feet!

Malevolent Perfectionist

18,550 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
tinyko
Corinth Maxwell
tinyko

It is a sad and unfortunate truth. cat_sad Personally I don't know where all the entitlement comes from, when its still incredibly easy to find out what a person is wearing by tektek or Q&A or simply asking the person.

cat_stare Probably from the fact that people like her are offended at the notion that we really don't have to give them a straight answer when they ask us what item(s) we have equipped, or because they think anyone with a hidden equip list is evil because of one bad experience they had from asking a certain user what he/she was wearing, and getting a needlessly rude response for their efforts. cat_stressed

cat_rolleyes Then, they want to rally all of their friends, the Gaian community in general, and/or worse, our friends (whom we'd rather they left the ******** alone), in order to find out what that one little item we're wearing is called. cat_talk2hand

Kujura's Other Half

Spicy Friend

36,175 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
That again rofl
I don't care about hidden lists. I usually look up Items myself anyway.

Reformat's Princess

Tipsy Millionaire

8,075 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I can deal. Initially I'm like ahdjghf and then I go to tektek.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff