Welcome to Gaia! ::

rofl

The worst is when I see an avi with a cool item, and it's ONLY that avi I've seen with the item, and I can't see their list.

But just as frustrating is when I CAN see a user's equipped list, I see an item I like, look at every item they have equipped, every pose, and STILL can't find that one particular item or pose. mad
Like, yesterday, I saw an avi with two long white braids that hung all the way down to the feet. I looked at that user's list, looked at all the items, even looked in Salon Durem, and I could NOT find that hair! mad

Enduring Hero

Dark_Lady_Jade
rofl

The worst is when I see an avi with a cool item, and it's ONLY that avi I've seen with the item, and I can't see their list.

But just as frustrating is when I CAN see a user's equipped list, I see an item I like, look at every item they have equipped, every pose, and STILL can't find that one particular item or pose. mad
Like, yesterday, I saw an avi with two long white braids that hung all the way down to the feet. I looked at that user's list, looked at all the items, even looked in Salon Durem, and I could NOT find that hair! mad

Maybe one of these was the hairstyle you were looking for?
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/92683
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/85587

On topic:Under my preferences I have the "display equipped items" box ticked, but for some reason my equipped items don't show up on the profile I'm using at the moment. However, if anyone ever is interesting in knowing what I'm wearing, my comments box is always open.

Wild-Haired Crimester

28,550 Points
  • Craziest Hair Award 1000
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Dark_Lady_Jade
rofl

Have you tried looking on TekTek? That's always the next best place to look considering it's easier to navigate through.

For the OP, I don't think I hide mine. I would find it really hilarious if someone decided to dress up as me. Maybe one day I will dress up my man mule in what I'm wearing and embrace the craziness. (What I usually wear, not what I'm wearing right now XD)

In fact, once a friend of mine bought all of the items I was wearing and dressed up as me for Halloween! It was with a different avatar that was cheaper, but oh man...it was awesome. We went around and confused our other friends in our Guild. It was probably the best Halloween on Gaia I had.

Enabler

9,250 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
i swear i posted in a topic almost identical to this a few days ago but:
it's not that difficult to find out what an item is, imo. i don't mind people who hide theirs because you can just shoot them a PM. sometimes people exploit glitches and want to hide it though.

TBH, you're better off with just asking. with item combinations these days ranging from the saint ciel scissors to all the different EIs and mods it can get pretty complicated. most people who hide their lists are more than friendly enough to tell you what item it is.

tldr; get social and don't worry about asking, esp. in the gcd. we're all nice people. you might even make a few friends. emotion_c8

Man-Hungry Vegetarian

Wasn't there a topic about this a few days ago?

I don't understand why people are annoyed about this. Just ask the person.
Halfling Heroine
Dark_Lady_Jade
rofl

On topic:Under my preferences I have the "display equipped items" box ticked, but for some reason my equipped items don't show up on the profile I'm using at the moment. However, if anyone ever is interesting in knowing what I'm wearing, my comments box is always open.

It looked like the first, but without the red on it.

Mega Loiterer

9,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Loiterer 100
Jittany Leggs
i swear i posted in a topic almost identical to this a few days ago but:
it's not that difficult to find out what an item is, imo. i don't mind people who hide theirs because you can just shoot them a PM. sometimes people exploit glitches and want to hide it though.

TBH, you're better off with just asking. with item combinations these days ranging from the saint ciel scissors to all the different EIs and mods it can get pretty complicated. most people who hide their lists are more than friendly enough to tell you what item it is.

tldr; get social and don't worry about asking, esp. in the gcd. we're all nice people. you might even make a few friends. emotion_c8

eek
sorry, i'm new to the GCD.
if it's any cancellation I wasn't in this forum a few days ago
and good point! 3nodding

Alien Visionary

19,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Oh boy this thread again.

I hide mine because I want to. Simple enough and plus, this is an original character I created. I'd like to keep her as unique as possible.

Enduring Hero

Dark_Lady_Jade
Halfling Heroine
Dark_Lady_Jade
rofl

That means the person had the scissors pose from Sainte Ciel Agape equipped with it. That scissors either shortens wigs or alters them in some way.(Like removing the blood from that hairstyle)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/92061

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

20,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Gender Swap 100
Spirit Crusher

User Image

Halfling Heroine
Dark_Lady_Jade
Halfling Heroine
Dark_Lady_Jade
rofl

That means the person had the scissors pose from Sainte Ciel Agape equipped with it. That scissors either shortens wigs or alters them in some way.(Like removing the blood from that hairstyle)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/92061

Oh, okay. surprised

Mega Winner

10,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
Camilia_Chan
omg juliet stop
I'm sorry it just makes me so angry... neutral

Don't worry about it; it's totally fine. I hide my equip list too, just to be safe. It's only shown on my profile, so you don't have to see it multiple times. ^^
your avatar,it's wonderful o3o

Kawaii Bunny

I don't really mind when someone hides there equipped list. Usually if someone has an item I like but has hidden their equipped list, it won't be long until I see someone else with the item, and then I just have to check theirs instead.

As far as I remember, mine isn't hidden. I don't have a reason for not hiding it though.

Trash Genius

if its that important to you, there is tektek.
and because this isn't the ninth time I've seen this thread in two months..
whatever, who cares? Its that person's right to say no.
get over it, and go to the AT if it bothers you that much.

edit: don't mean to sound rude, I've just seen this thread more often then I eat toast.
I don't understand why people get so upset over this. Even if there weren't a million other ways to find out what a user might be wearing without that little dropdown menu option, I still couldn't fathom why people get so angry they have to make all kinds of holier-than-thou insults directed toward anyone who might be hiding their equipped item list. First of all, you don't know that user's life. Back off with the insults. For crying out loud. You look ridiculous. Secondly, you are not entitled to other users' item information. I'm not sure why you might think you would be, but you're not. So..?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff