Welcome to Gaia! ::

I leave mine unhidden because not only do I not care if people see or copy what I'm wearing, I'm not on enough to "catch' anyone who's dressed like me anyway. xp Even if I did, I'd probably just be amused.

Sexy Assailant

I don't block what I'm wearing. I understand the fact in the TOS that I don't own any of the items or any combination of said items. Also, few users are so inept that they have to steal my look. If users are so pathetic that they need to pretend to be me, I'll send that information to the moderator's way and let them take care of the matter.

Plus, sharing names of items raises the MP value, just in case I want to sell it and buy something better.

Decorated Pumpkin

18,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I hide it because making avatars is a personal thing to me, and as such I think it warrants a certain degree of privacy. It's just my preference. I have nothing against people who make theirs public, and I'm most certainly not against answering if a person asks me what item I'm wearing. ;D

Thieving Rogue

Asking this is like asking "why do users choose to appear offline" or "why do people set their profiles to private?" It's a matter of personal choice, and users asked for it so gaia gave them this option.

I'm one of the people who has equipped lists turned off. If I wanted everyone to know what I was wearing I would turn the damn thing on. And there are people who still steal avatars, especially in towns. Whether its in part or in whole, it's still kind of annoying.

Why I turned my equipped list off: Avatar stealing. I work hard on some of my avatars. I don't like seeing other people copying me. It's insulting and downright stupid that they can't make their own avatar. And if I wanted to list what was on my avatar, I would have it turned on. If you want to know what an item is that badly, you can go to tektek or ask them.

Instead of getting mad, you should stop and think "this person has this turned off for a reason, and that reason is not just to piss me off. It's just their personal preference."

Alien Invader

I've never hid mine before. If someone wants to copy my avatar then whatever. I've only seen it happen once and I thought it was hysterical. He all like tried to deny it and I was all "we'll both know the truth" creepy face smile time. emotion_dowant I'm a little twisted and enjoyed the moment deeply. emotion_facepalm

I am always a little sad when I want to see what an item is and the list is hidden. I don't really want to bother someone to ask so I just le sigh and look for it on tektek.

Dangerous Loiterer

Ick, this again?! I've never understood the issue people've got over those who choose to hide their
          equipped lists. I've got my own hidden because I have every right to do so; Gaia has offered us the
          option to retain our privacy for whatever reason we so wish, and we shouldn't be made to worry if
          we don't want to advertise our wares. You don't see people who complain that they can't be nosy
          and see everything somebody has in their home because they've got the curtains closed, so why
          is this the case on Gaia? Gaia or not, it still regards property.

People just need to deal with the fact that others want to block their equipped list and don't want
          to cater to their every whim. They may have a winning combination for the arenas, or they could
          have rare and expensive items that would be prime targets for hackers. And yet these people are
          talked about as though they're committing the sin of sins.

Question: why is it so hard to send a Private Message or a profile comment asking what an item
          is called? If they refuse to answer (as they are allowed to do), there is the extra option of asking
          the knowledgeable and helpful people in Questions and Assistance.

Tricky Cat

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_crown gaia_nitemareright
I think its asinine because if I really wanted to copy your avatar, I could and It'd just take a little more work figuring out what item(s) you're wearing.

People have a false sense of security with it turned off, I guess.

I keep mine off because who gives a ******** if someone copies my avatar- it's not my art that I personally made. It's a bunch of other people's art that I thought looked nice together. No need for e-pene on a site like gaia anyways.

gaia_star
I don't think it's a big deal. If you want to know the item, ask the user.

Kujura's Other Half

Spicy Friend

36,175 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
yum_strawberry Never hide my Invo. I like to show off /shotshot
I think i replied here already, but maybe it was one of this topic's anchestors.

Aaanyway, earlier when I worked on my Achievements and tried to get Hive Mind, Users hiding their Invo annoyed me like hell there. Two fails and it's difficult to figure out which one felt the urge to troll and 'destroy' the thread.
But otherwise, i don't care.

Romantic Lover

It doesn't bother me too much, I try to keep up with new items and buy them as they come out if I really like them; though now I'm down to 100k. Time to sell some things. </3

The items lists and stuff really help with that, I generally click through all the items and check all the poses, and buy ones I want. Rarely there is one I actually want or can afford though. If I cant afford it, its makes its way to my wishlist.

That reminds me....It time to redo my profile..I
its been about over a year now...wow.

Romantic Citizen

Halfling Heroine
Dark_Lady_Jade
Halfling Heroine
Dark_Lady_Jade
rofl

The worst is when I see an avi with a cool item, and it's ONLY that avi I've seen with the item, and I can't see their list.

But just as frustrating is when I CAN see a user's equipped list, I see an item I like, look at every item they have equipped, every pose, and STILL can't find that one particular item or pose. mad
Like, yesterday, I saw an avi with two long white braids that hung all the way down to the feet. I looked at that user's list, looked at all the items, even looked in Salon Durem, and I could NOT find that hair! mad

Maybe one of these was the hairstyle you were looking for?
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/92683
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/85587

On topic:Under my preferences I have the "display equipped items" box ticked, but for some reason my equipped items don't show up on the profile I'm using at the moment. However, if anyone ever is interesting in knowing what I'm wearing, my comments box is always open.

It looked like the first, but without the red on it.

That means the person had the scissors pose from Sainte Ciel Agape equipped with it. That scissors either shortens wigs or alters them in some way.(Like removing the blood from that hairstyle)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/92061
I just spent a good hour looking for this one post because I saw it while lurking, but forgot the item name of the scissors. XD
I show my equipped list, I like people to be able to see what items I have and honestly would welcome copying, it wouldn't exactly be easy though. o.o

Sexy Assailant

Hell, you could just post the image in the Q&A and the users will break it down in minutes. No self-absorbed idiot is safe.

a Foure
gaia_nitemareleft gaia_crown gaia_nitemareright
I think its asinine because if I really wanted to copy your avatar, I could and It'd just take a little more work figuring out what item(s) you're wearing.

People have a false sense of security with it turned off, I guess.

I keep mine off because who gives a ******** if someone copies my avatar- it's not my art that I personally made. It's a bunch of other people's art that I thought looked nice together. No need for e-pene on a site like gaia anyways.

gaia_star

Hallowed Prophet

I don't care. I don't care if someone copies me or looks at my list. I'm pretty sure I have my equip list visible, but I don't even know anymore. That's how much I don't care. I can't even be bothered to check and see what settings I have.

I get blocking it if you have an avatar in the arenas or something like that, but otherwise why hide it?

Winner

19,600 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Dark_Lady_Jade
rofl

The worst is when I see an avi with a cool item, and it's ONLY that avi I've seen with the item, and I can't see their list.

But just as frustrating is when I CAN see a user's equipped list, I see an item I like, look at every item they have equipped, every pose, and STILL can't find that one particular item or pose. mad
Like, yesterday, I saw an avi with two long white braids that hung all the way down to the feet. I looked at that user's list, looked at all the items, even looked in Salon Durem, and I could NOT find that hair! mad

I had this problem trying to figure out how someone got Keiko's Cake to look different. Luckily, I knew the person I saw that had it so I just asked. [Though I had to wait a day to get a response because they were offline at the time.]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff