emotion_puke

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Pie
Magnificent Moonbeam
I'm aware of the ship mention. 3nodding I was actually having a hard time finding a ship name for my gaia OTP. sweatdrop I was thinking MoCi (but then realized it was so close to the word Mochi. XD)

But ship names that resemble real words are the best! Plus short names do limit the options a bit... particularly since Gaia doesn't really use the WordShipping model you see in places like the Pokémon fandom, just name mashes.
That's true. I had a hard time pronouncing Ciro's name until I looked it up on a baby names website, sometimes it can be pronounced like "chiro" (which I've been using lately) then with moon's 2 parts of her name, made MoCi (Mochi). XD

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Magnificent Moonbeam
Pie
Magnificent Moonbeam
I'm aware of the ship mention. 3nodding I was actually having a hard time finding a ship name for my gaia OTP. sweatdrop I was thinking MoCi (but then realized it was so close to the word Mochi. XD)

But ship names that resemble real words are the best! Plus short names do limit the options a bit... particularly since Gaia doesn't really use the WordShipping model you see in places like the Pokémon fandom, just name mashes.
That's true. I had a hard time pronouncing Ciro's name until I looked it up on a baby names website, sometimes it can be pronounced like "chiro" (which I've been using lately) then with moon's 2 parts of her name, made MoCi (Mochi). XD

Actually, I think that might be the only proper way to pronounce it, unless it's used in another language I don't know about. It's the Italian version of Cyrus (much like Giovanni is the Italian John, Elmo is short for the Italian equivalent of William so it's basically equivalent to Liam, and I think Gino is actually derived from the Italian version of... George?). And "ci" in Italian is always pronounced like we would pronounce "chi" -- for example, in cappuccino, or cioccolato (chocolate), or ciao (that hi/bye word we English-speakers mistake for "chow" ).

Just to make it extra confusing, the reverse is also true: "chi" gets pronounced the way we'd pronounce "ci". I'm having trouble coming up with an example that a non-Italian would be familiar with, though... sweatdrop

Sorry, I'm a bit of a linguist nerd! This is why I feel the most important part of any ship is finding a good name for it. 3nodding

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Pie
Magnificent Moonbeam
Pie
Magnificent Moonbeam

Actually, I think that might be the only proper way to pronounce it, unless it's used in another language I don't know about. It's the Italian version of Cyrus (much like Giovanni is the Italian John, Elmo is short for the Italian equivalent of William so it's basically equivalent to Liam, and I think Gino is actually derived from the Italian version of... George?). And "ci" in Italian is always pronounced like we would pronounce "chi" -- for example, in cappuccino, or cioccolato (chocolate), or ciao (that hi/bye word we English-speakers mistake for "chow" wink .

Just to make it extra confusing, the reverse is also true: "chi" gets pronounced the way we'd pronounce "ci". I'm having trouble coming up with an example that a non-Italian would be familiar with, though... sweatdrop

Sorry, I'm a bit of a linguist nerd! This is why I feel the most important part of any ship is finding a good name for it. 3nodding
It's all good. I'm so confused on pronunciation of a Greek name. *has Greek in her ancestry*

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Free Killz
Kid Jak
Hassli
Diedrich x the Black King.

YES.

The Black king may have to fight Putin for Diedrich's love

and Friedrich doesn't share well

User Image

emotion_puke
what's the matter, comrade?

Jubella's Fangirl

Unholy Slayer

I feel like Marshall x Labtech X should be on this list in honor of zOMG lol
Or maybe Marshall x Queen Lorelei

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Magnificent Moonbeam
Pie
Magnificent Moonbeam
Pie
Magnificent Moonbeam

Actually, I think that might be the only proper way to pronounce it, unless it's used in another language I don't know about. It's the Italian version of Cyrus (much like Giovanni is the Italian John, Elmo is short for the Italian equivalent of William so it's basically equivalent to Liam, and I think Gino is actually derived from the Italian version of... George?). And "ci" in Italian is always pronounced like we would pronounce "chi" -- for example, in cappuccino, or cioccolato (chocolate), or ciao (that hi/bye word we English-speakers mistake for "chow" wink .

It's all good. I'm so confused on pronunciation of a Greek name. *has Greek in her ancestry*

Italian makes it easy: The pronunciation is directly derived from the spelling. It's kinda like Japanese that way. None of this "the tough cough as they plough through the dough" nonsense.

I haven't studied Greek directly, but... doing some quick research, yeah, I can get the confusion. Looks like it's been screwed up by a repetitive history of "and then another group of people started using it, and they decided to alter the pronunciation". Still probably not as bad as trying to figure out English pronunciations, though... we can't even decide how to pronounce words as we create them.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

cajunvoodoo

I thought it was Marshall x Your Avatar?

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Pie

Italian makes it easy: The pronunciation is directly derived from the spelling. It's kinda like Japanese that way. None of this "the tough cough as they plough through the dough" nonsense.

I haven't studied Greek directly, but... doing some quick research, yeah, I can get the confusion. Looks like it's been screwed up by a repetitive history of "and then another group of people started using it, and they decided to alter the pronunciation". Still probably not as bad as trying to figure out English pronunciations, though... we can't even decide how to pronounce words as we create them.
Makes sense.

Jubella's Fangirl

Unholy Slayer

Pie
cajunvoodoo

It definitely is!! but I didn't know if that would be allowed here since this seems to be only for NPCs

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

cajunvoodoo
Pie
cajunvoodoo

It definitely is!! but I didn't know if that would be allowed here since this seems to be only for NPCs

The list has user-related ones at the bottom, so I'd think that would be okay.

Plus, it's more canon than like anything else on this site. Marshall, please take one big step back... gonk

Jubella's Fangirl

Unholy Slayer

Pie
cajunvoodoo
Pie
cajunvoodoo

Plus, it's more canon than like anything else on this site. Marshall, please take one big step back... gonk

Oh I missed the user-related ships! It should definitely be on there, since Marshall has never mastered the concept of giving people their "personal space"

Versatile Wolf

24,650 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Hassli
Free Killz
Kid Jak
Hassli
Diedrich x the Black King.

YES.

The Black king may have to fight Putin for Diedrich's love

and Friedrich doesn't share well

User Image

emotion_puke
what's the matter, comrade?

I think we might have broke him.... lol

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

cajunvoodoo
Pie
cajunvoodoo
Pie
cajunvoodoo

Oh I missed the user-related ships! It should definitely be on there, since Marshall has never mastered the concept of giving people their "personal space"

Maybe he's got some kind of complex. I mean, he has two kids, but the missus is nowhere to be found.

President Squad

33,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
babyl10
[Elske]-[XXIX]
Ichigo Arerugi
Is there a ship for Louie x Ian? (I'll ship them as brothers, not as a couple, because that's probably illegal.)

Louian?

User Image

`.Hmm.

"Iaouie" has a certain ring to it.
emotion_awesome

xd
It totally does. Awesome ship name.
SHOUT IT LOUD; SHOUT IT PROUD! ---I LOVE IAOUIE!

User Image

`.YES.

SYSTEM OF A DOWN WILL SING OUR THEME SONG.
IT IS DECIDED.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces