Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Cultist

Paikeia
Mississippi Black Velvet
Paikeia
Unpopular opinion: Sandman is female and changing her to gender-fluid was stupid and unnecessary.

They were actually referencing Sandman and Fafnir when they used "they." I didn't catch it at first until someone pointed it out.
3nodding
I'd have thought that too if an artist hadn't posted something about Sandman preferring not to be associated with a specific gender shortly after this particular RIG was released. In Bitter Frost, it was made quite clear that Sandman was female. emotion_donotwant Which leads to a second unpopular opinion: Don't change a character or make characters a certain way solely because it's the trendy thing to preach about on Tumblr. If you're gonna do it, make it real, with substance, and not just for fanservice or to be edgy. BLERGH.

what about changing them up for representation's sake?
                  i really don't think that assuming that it's done for fanservice or edgy to be fair in the slightest and as someone who identifies as gender fluid i'd like to see more characters like me even if they were previously referred to as female.
                  i mean people who don't identify as male or female have existed outside of the vacuum of tumblr (which i will agree is a shitpit and takes s**t WAY TOO FAR a lot of the time)
                  i'd like to read that bit about what the artist said as well btw.
                  i don't mean to come across as attacking you but i really am sick of people treating non-binary/agender people like we only exist as frothing messes on tumblr.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

- I wish they would use the events to sew up the plot that's been... in progress, since 2009. No more one-off events and 30 page manga updates that take half a year to finish.

Just end the damn Gods plot so that we can move on to something else.

- All the "gold" recolors released through the tickets don't look gold. They look piss-yellow. Congrats on your piss laurels and piss bear hats I guess?

AfTK's Wife

Rampaging Unicorn

22,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
shalebridge
Paikeia
Mississippi Black Velvet
Paikeia
Unpopular opinion: Sandman is female and changing her to gender-fluid was stupid and unnecessary.

They were actually referencing Sandman and Fafnir when they used "they." I didn't catch it at first until someone pointed it out.
3nodding
I'd have thought that too if an artist hadn't posted something about Sandman preferring not to be associated with a specific gender shortly after this particular RIG was released. In Bitter Frost, it was made quite clear that Sandman was female. emotion_donotwant Which leads to a second unpopular opinion: Don't change a character or make characters a certain way solely because it's the trendy thing to preach about on Tumblr. If you're gonna do it, make it real, with substance, and not just for fanservice or to be edgy. BLERGH.

i really don't think that assuming that it's done for fanservice or edgy to be fair in the slightest and as someone who identifies as gender fluid i'd like to see more characters like me even if they were previously referred to as female.
                  i mean people who don't identify as male or female have existed outside of the vacuum of tumblr (which i will agree is a shitpit and takes s**t WAY TOO FAR a lot of the time)
                  i don't mean to come across as attacking you but i really am sick of people treating non-binary/agender people like we only exist as frothing messes on tumblr.

Making them for representation's sake is cool with me. Changing an already established character's identity bothers the shot outta me. Hence why I consider it an unpopular opinion. It literally has nothing to do with representation to me and everything to do with continuity-- does that make sense? Dx

Shadowy Cultist

Paikeia
shalebridge
Paikeia
Mississippi Black Velvet
Paikeia

3nodding

Making them for representation's sake is cool with me. Changing an already established character's identity bothers the shot outta me. Hence why I consider it an unpopular opinion. It literally has nothing to do with representation to me and everything to do with continuity-- does that make sense? Dx edit: imma fix this stupid italics thing when I'm not on my mobile app. -throws tables-

but people explore their genders and change them irl, it's part of the growing process for some.
                  i get where you're coming from on continuity, but i still don't think it's a fair thing to really judge on.

nah i understand. mobile's a pain in the a**.

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

Delosia

******** Louie, too.

Can I watch o 3o

User Image

AfTK's Wife

Rampaging Unicorn

22,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
shalebridge
Paikeia
shalebridge
Paikeia
Mississippi Black Velvet
Paikeia

3nodding

Making them for representation's sake is cool with me. Changing an already established character's identity bothers the shot outta me. Hence why I consider it an unpopular opinion. It literally has nothing to do with representation to me and everything to do with continuity-- does that make sense? Dx edit: imma fix this stupid italics thing when I'm not on my mobile app. -throws tables-

but people explore their genders and change them irl, it's part of the growing process for some.
                  i get where you're coming from on continuity, but i still don't think it's a fair thing to really judge on.

That's why I said to make it real and with substance. This was out of the blue and really just seemed like poor character writing to me. I am not judging anyone other than the artist/writer's ability to make a character.
Paikeia
shalebridge
Paikeia
shalebridge
Paikeia
Mississippi Black Velvet
Paikeia

3nodding

That's why I said to make it real and with substance. This was out of the blue and really just seemed like poor character writing to me. I am not judging anyone other than the artist/writer's ability to make a character.
I used to worry that my tongue would somehow get frozen to my lip ring, but now I know that I have way worse things to worry about in this cold. Like a dragon, or that it will never end.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
My unpopular opinions:
-I think we have a very large overabundance of "Kawaii Desu!" anime based items, J/kpop based items, and asian influence items in general. I get that most of the users on Gaia are weeaboos but some of us aren't. It would be nice to see a week go by without any of that crap.

-I think more male items should take precedence right now. I may wear girly items but those who don't are seriously lacking.

-I'm super happy with all the richer colours lately. Toxic Green, emerald, checkmate, navy, crimson (OMG REAL RED THAT ISN"T PINK!), Orange...I would love more purple though.

-99% of the monochrome recolours look like butt. I like recolours sometimes but they're overdone and lacking in quality.

-I think there should be a limit to how many custom tickets a user can turn in.

-I highly believe that even the Gaia staff is biased towards some popular users since the same 10-12 people seem to get mentioned and win everything.

-I think anyone who spends more than 100 bucks on Gaia in one month needs to get off the computer and get help.

-I hate Cresolae. I think it's stupid and illogical. The relationship was only created for reaper's fangirls and her own weird gay guy fettish.

-I liked reaper's style better before it got all realistic. The item ideas are good but I hate the way they look. I also liked her art style back then better.

-I don't like hair items made by PRISM.

-I think some of the old Salon hairs look better than some of the new cash shop hairs.

-I love the GCD even though it's cliquey as hell and full of pretentious shits because those pretentious shits only make up 5% of the users and the rest of the GCDers are awesome fun people. <3

-Gaia has been going downhill a lot longer than this new CEO has been around. He's certainly made things worse but I noticed the changes around 06.

-I also like the default arms and legs better than leg-arm mods but unfortunately it's hard to make an avi without mods these days. The pixel styles and colours don't match well with newer items.

-I think all of the artists deserve a huge fruit basket and thanks. They work so hard for us and they get thoroughly abused.

-We need more snakes on Gaia. I'm sick of cats and wolves and foxes.

-I ship Sen and Overseer.

Shy Gawker

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
My unpopular opinions:

I really don't like gender-neutral items, I'd rather there be items that were clearly 'feminine' and there should be a lot more 'masculine' items

I think Gaia needs to lay off the pastels and 'kawaii' stuff for a while, and mix it up a bit more.
Dona Amora de Crema
â–ŒA SHIP IS SAFE IN HARBOR,
â–ŒBUT THAT'S NOT WHAT SHIPS ARE FOR.

Welcome to BetterGaia.
Need help? See our thread and visit BetterGaia.com.

My unpopular opinions:

I really don't like gender-neutral items, I'd rather there be items that were clearly 'feminine' and there should be a lot more 'masculine' items

I think Gaia needs to lay off the pastels and 'kawaii' stuff for a while, and mix it up a bit more.
I shudder to think of why that snowball was yellow.

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
I really dislike the gold/sapphire/rainbow/whatever tickets. It's nice that users have the chance to make their own item, but it feels really sleazy when this item is offered in limited quantity for IRL money. Not to mention that Gaia tends to attach said tickets to almost every RIG like some sort of carrot. I also keep wondering why the same few people keep getting tickets...☼

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
The admins mostly do a great job and are listening to us.

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
I have a few more to add.

*GCash Sales. I hate them epesually since there are many ways to buy GC but the only way to take part in the offers is if you have a credit card or PayPal. May users have nether and feel very left out on sales and perks. Wouldn't you think they could include Zeevex cards as well? We would just need a code to get the 20% off and free RIG?

*Even though I am a proud ticket winner, I do have a few problems with them. The amount of items created by the same users. Yes, I do want a lot of tickets but I feel like we get a new B R A I N item every... single... month! I think you should only be able to redeem one ticket per month or two. I also really liked the time limit to redeem RIG invites and the Mint ticket and that should be applied to all the tickets to prevent hording. Yes, you can get some of them still from the WIN Gaia bundle and the Loyal Projects but I'm sure Gaia has a way of knowing when you've won them. Also a question to all the Rainbow Ticket Winners... why 2003 items? Everyone seems to be recoloring halos or those sticking DJs when there are so many other items that could get recolored!

*We need more Western pop culture items. Yes, Gaia got it's start as Anime themed but not everyone is a fan and knows very little on the subject. More bands, more movies, TV shows!

I'm sure I'll be able to think more later on but how can I think when I'm spending Christmas Eve watching my favorite horror movie? XD

Rainbow Harvester

I couldn't care less about the current manga arc. it's been going on for way too long and it's gotten stale. just wrap it up already.

I've never liked Louie.

Diedrich is pretty cute. <3

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
Antiq
Shiarka Jonless
I'm getting tired of the constant release of new items. I stopped bothering to keep up cause there is so much stuff.

This. Totally. And the mass of new item threads in GCD every feckin' day. See this emoticon rolleyes ? It's my least used and liked one, but now it's the only one I feel like posting.

I agree with this so much! It's has gotten too overwhelming, and I feel like most of the new items lack luster because they really don't look that much different than some of the old items.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff