Welcome to Gaia! ::

X Rayver's Princess

Sugary Sweetheart

63,675 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
Ashikubi
        I couldn't give less of a damn if they kept re-releasing stuff.
        More supply is always good. I just wish they didn't do it so often.
        Now Flynn's junk on the other hand - it needs to stop.
User Image

This states my feels perfectly

Devoted Heckler

Re-releases are so intertwined with Flynn's Booty that anyone against one but not the other is...naive at best, part of the problem at least, and stupid or greedy at worse.

Each one drives up sales of the other.

Flynn's Booty either grants a user enough gold to purchase re-releases off the MP from people who buy-to-sell, or it drives the prices so high in the MP that re-releases are seen as a bargain for GC buyers.

If you like re-releases then you like Flynn's Booty because there wouldn't be so many for sale either in the MP or cash shop without it.

Mythical Kitten

17,675 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Tax Evader 100
I care diddly squat about the re-releases beyond the fact that Gaia broke their past promises and the fact that they stopped releasing the nice cheap cash items and bundles of old in favor of them.

On the other hand, Flynn and her womanly parts are ruining our entire economy, they need to go!

Impassioned Lionheart

As long as I can keep playing dress-up, I'll be content. It is mildly exasperating to see sale after sale, but only because I get stupidly excited every time I see that there's an announcement. lol I'm not upset by the sales, though, because I never paid much attention to them in the first place.

Cygnus Fangirl

目をキラキラさせて 僕に語った君の将来図は

i really don't care what's in the sales at this point, i'm more annoyed by the frequency of the sales. please stop and let me breathe without shoving FLASH SALE FLASH SALE in my face!

ただ聞いてるだけで 胸が熱くなり 泣きそうになった

Ice-Cold Knight

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
i got my dream item quest done... i like my avi...
gaia life= complete

Dapper Man-Lover

Fanny Flaps
Re-releases are so intertwined with Flynn's Booty that anyone against one but not the other is...naive at best, part of the problem at least, and stupid or greedy at worse.

Flynn's Booty either grants a user enough gold to purchase re-releases off the MP from people who buy-to-sell, or it drives the prices so high in the MP that re-releases are seen as a bargain for GC buyers.

If you like re-releases then you like Flynn's Booty because there wouldn't be so many for sale either in the MP or cash shop without it.

I'm in favor of one, but not the other, yet I am not naive, part of the problem, stupid, nor greedy. If our economy was where it had been pre-Flynn, my feelings would be the same because I've been in favor of the notion of re-releases for years, regardless of the fact that the gold value of many items I worked my butt off for and own/owned would plummet.

I apologize if my tone was pugnacious. I just felt like the end of that first sentence was pretty presumptuous, if not just flat-out insulting.

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Re-release of old items through CS = Yes
Flynn's body parts = ******** NO STOP

If you quested the old releases before, their fluctuating values doesn't make them any less good or bad. Their arbitrary gold value shouldn't make an item more or less valuable to you as an item to wear...Unless all you really care about is your account worth. That's your issue.
(Which I literally can give two shits about. All I want is to look fabulous.)

Desirable Ladykiller

I agree with many here, Flynns terror needs to stop.
I quite enjoy the re-releasing of old items though.

The only thing is....I doubt there would ever be one without the other. Gaia NEEDS to inflate all of our items so we'll give up on trying to obtain them with gold and go straight for buying them with GC. I believe that's been their plan from the start. And why they haven't bothered to fix the over-release of gold.

Who would spend real money when the item wasn't that much gold to begin with?

Sparkly Noob

12,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Recolors > Who cares
Flynns butt > That thing is sagging low at this point.

Melodious Gekko

12,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Champion 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
My inventory worth is 104 million.

I have no business being worth 104 million.

Devoted Heckler

Shadow Coon II
Fanny Flaps

I'm in favor of one, but not the other, yet I am not naive, part of the problem, stupid, nor greedy. If our economy was where it had been pre-Flynn, my feelings would be the same because I've been in favor of the notion of re-releases for years, regardless of the fact that the gold value of many items I worked my butt off for and own/owned would plummet.

I apologize if my tone was pugnacious. I just felt like the end of that first sentence was pretty presumptuous, if not just flat-out insulting.

I'd be completely fine if the re-releases were in the gold shop/loyalty shop or anything that didn't rely or benefit from Flynn's Booty.

The GC re-releases and Flynn damage everyone, even the people who want the items re-released as (presumably) they want more than one or two items on the site.

Diligent Student

The Musical Ninja
My inventory worth is 104 million.

I have no business being worth 104 million.

Mine is worth over 2 billions! rolleyes

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Hi-Potion
Okay! Im pretty sure that we ALL agree that Flynnflation is killing Gaia's economy by hyper-inflating everything.
We hate to see it happen... Except some of us, it seems. I've seen a common thing going around the GCD/Exchange/SF: People seem to dislike Flynnflation... unless they own an item that had been Flynnflated. Many, many times we see people rally against Flynnflation until and item they own has been re-released! Then we see them bustling in here, crying and BAWWing and shouting about the value of their items, even tho a lot of that value is from Flynnflation. Especially when it comes to 03s, everyone seems to cry about their values while failing to remember that their prices have quadruples because of Flynns RGGs. D Tail was worth 60-70 mil pre-Flynns Chest, then it was worth over 200 mill before the re-release. The OMG hat was in around 25 mil (give or take a few mil, I had been offered an OMG hat when I was selling Merina doll for 19 mil because the OMG was harder to sell than my doll), now its over triple the price! (almost quadruple).

So, politics with the whole "Gaia selling 03s/constatly having flash sales aside" (because it does suck that theyre grabbing for our money, but many items have deflated), where do you stand on the issue of Flynnflation VS re-releasing items? Does it upset you when items you own are re-released? Are you okay with deflation?

You can't really say that the re-releases of 03s is for the purpose of deflation. Because when it's all said and done, yeah the prices are back to where they were. But that means that they have been deflated LOWER than what they were originally worth, EVEN THOUGH things are still inflated.

In other words, while the prices may be "back to normal", they're actually super cheap right now.
~King Awesome

Tricky Powerhouse

11,900 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Honestly the selling of 03's doesn't affect me anymore. I honestly enjoy the fact that items that were once considered elite are now available to anyone who wishes to spend a couple hundred bucks (lol @ u) It also is helping the deflation of items, not enough to make a impact but a small amount. Over all I stated this before, and I will state it again. it is the users who ruined the community, Economy, and everything else that ends with a "y" because why ask "y" is gaia ruined? How about you look at what you have done to impact this ever growing inflation, and hard times on this site. It is being greedy, money hungry, and wanting to be "elite" is how we ended up where we are on this site. In hard times where the value of gold holds little to no value. In my opinion there is not much you can do to fix this now. The cancer has already set in, and has began to grow we will slowly kill this site and end it all. The users are the one's who bought items, sold items, inflated items, and etc. Gaiaonline only provided the ammo for this war. It was the users who decided what we did with the ammo, and this is the end result.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff