Welcome to Gaia! ::

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Okay! Im pretty sure that we ALL agree that Flynnflation is killing Gaia's economy by hyper-inflating everything.
We hate to see it happen... Except some of us, it seems. I've seen a common thing going around the GCD/Exchange/SF: People seem to dislike Flynnflation... unless they own an item that had been Flynnflated. Many, many times we see people rally against Flynnflation until and item they own has been re-released! Then we see them bustling in here, crying and BAWWing and shouting about the value of their items, even tho a lot of that value is from Flynnflation. Especially when it comes to 03s, everyone seems to cry about their values while failing to remember that their prices have quadruples because of Flynns RGGs. D Tail was worth 60-70 mil pre-Flynns Chest, then it was worth over 200 mill before the re-release. The OMG hat was in around 25 mil (give or take a few mil, I had been offered an OMG hat when I was selling Merina doll for 19 mil because the OMG was harder to sell than my doll), now its over triple the price! (almost quadruple).

So, politics with the whole "Gaia selling 03s/constatly having flash sales aside" (because it does suck that theyre grabbing for our money, but many items have deflated), where do you stand on the issue of Flynnflation VS re-releasing items? Does it upset you when items you own are re-released? Are you okay with deflation?

Exhibitionist

14,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I was really upset but what they're doing is making them lots of REAL money, so I don't really care anymore knowing that they're just trying to get more money to keep the site up or whatever.
im happy with what's happening all the re-released & s**t & booty
the elitist hoes r jst scared coz the ugly "n00bs"
r kickin their poor a** :c

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Guchko
I was really upset but what they're doing is making them lots of REAL money, so I don't really care anymore knowing that they're just trying to get more money to keep the site up or whatever.
Yeah~ I dislike the constant flash sales but at the same time.. deflating some items... and making money for Gaia... Sighs, at least the sites still up and running, no mater what the doom-bringers say.

eminoir's Spouse

I honestly couldn't care whatsoever if my items are rereleased. It doesn't stop me from making an avatar with it so why should people be so sad if their items have been rereleased. They're not selling their copy of the item just the item in general.

Bloblike Blob

I couldn't give less of a damn if they kept re-releasing stuff.
        More supply is always good. I just wish they didn't do it so often.
        Now Flynn's junk on the other hand - it needs to stop.

Casrial's Bae

Salty Titan

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I'm more bored with the re-releases than anything. I would rather seen new and better pixilated items. Preferably in better color choices than the questionable d-tail.

I guess my only complaint is how the site is using flynnflation to make their sales more enticing. Yeah, we've had a couple of good deals but honestly, most of their GC pricing wouldn't be justified if it wasn't for them flooding the market with gold.

BA-Bubs's Princess

Naughty Wife

Frankly, I think that this is just an overblown issue. GCD used to be a place where people talk about a variety of things. Now that the buffet is gone, most issues are centered around the same damn topic over and over again, it gets tiresome at some point.
Yeah sure, flynn's privates hanging all over the place is hurting our economy and re-releases are just pissing off the elitist of gaia (which I don't really care about tbh), but really. If all we say we are here for the community and friends, then it should be left just as that.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for the greater good of Gaia, but everyone just needs a chill pill at this point. Hang out in towns and talk about rainbows or something... rolleyes
My stance is that it demonstrates an inability to keep a promise even when breaking that promise is for the greater good.

More importantly, my stance on users is that the vast majority of them are too cognitively underdeveloped to understand basic perspective taking; viewing the situation only in regards to themselves. Both sides are essentially allowing their own greed to overshadow the moral issues present in Gaia's decision and most users I've spoken with don't spare a thought to the possible precedent or consequences of Gaia changing its stance on how it is run.

I'd make reference to nouveau-riche but my honest belief is that no one who understands the social issues present would waste time on the GCD.

EDIT: Oh and also, people are tossing around the term 'elitist' without actually knowing what it means.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Ashikubi
        I couldn't give less of a damn if they kept re-releasing stuff.
        More supply is always good. I just wish they didn't do it so often.
        Now Flynn's junk on the other hand - it needs to stop.
They shoulda just made a RIG :U
They coulda massed-released everything, added more items to the system, and cut down on flah sales.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
If you have an Item that you love what does it matter how other people get that item?

What does Santa Say?
User Image

Frankly Gaia is not "Grabbing" our money. They are offering the users s different way to get items they want.

Has it changed the Economy? yes.

Has it stopped us from being able to enjoy Gaia? I don't know we all enjoy things differently.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Meromictic
I'm more bored with the re-releases than anything. I would rather seen new and better pixilated items. Preferably in better color choices than the questionable d-tail.

I guess my only complaint is how the site is using flynnflation to make their sales more enticing. Yeah, we've had a couple of good deals but honestly, most of their GC pricing wouldn't be justified if it wasn't for them flooding the market with gold.
Psst, I said "politics aside" for a reason, because I didnt want a war breaking out. uvu

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Curious Brownies
I honestly couldn't care whatsoever if my items are rereleased. It doesn't stop me from making an avatar with it so why should people be so sad if their items have been rereleased. They're not selling their copy of the item just the item in general.
This~
Also, owning items on Gaia has ALWAYS been a gamble. Even before they re-released items in sales items could suddenly take a huge drop in price if people all decided to sell at one time/tried to compete with one another to sell faster.

Dangerous Shapeshifter

13,450 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I am against what Flynn has done to the economy. And while I don't mind re-releases, as in I don't mind if my items decline or rise in price. Because I'm not going to sell them, so I don't mind if they're worth 1k or 1000k. However, I dislike seeing everyone wearing the same items these days. Nothing is hard to get anymore, so I don't feel like I stand out anymore. The only way to stand out these days is to post a lot to make people remember you, or make recognizable avatars. Not by wearing rare items that you worked hard to aquire, which you might want some recognition for. I'm not great at making avatars, nor am I someone people remember. All that I have is the hope that some people like my avatars, so that I don't completely go by unnoticed here.

Twinky Dave's Senpai

Unleashed Dragon

I am not a fan of the inflation, but I do enjoy all the flash sales. I'm almost excited to see the daily selection of items.

I've been knocked around by black friday pretty bad in the past. So now I don't care seeing my items devalue (pre or post inflation), the only ones I own are those I truly adore regardless of price. I actually welcome deflation. I'd rather users have items they want than have my worth higher.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff