Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Meromictic
Krissim Klaw
They should only allow questions about praying mantises.
That would makes things a whole lot easier.

They might even be able to streamline the questions/answers that way. emotion_kirakira

Indeed! Though to be fair, we often do address Krissim's mantis-related requests and concerns. We even featured Krissim's mantis on our Tumblr!

Though can you actually imagine if every AtA post had to do with mantises in some form? We'd just end up with a lot of questions like "I filed a ticket and the mantis hasn't gotten back to me - can you help?" or "Are you planning to make a mantis event in zOMG! this year?" or "You unfairly banned me and my mantis - what gives?!?! scream scream "

You can see how it would roll out!

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
siskataya
Meromictic
Krissim Klaw

They might even be able to streamline the questions/answers that way. emotion_kirakira

Indeed! Though to be fair, we often do address Krissim's mantis-related requests and concerns. We even featured Krissim's mantis on our Tumblr!

Though can you actually imagine if every AtA post had to do with mantises in some form? We'd just end up with a lot of questions like "I filed a ticket and the mantis hasn't gotten back to me - can you help?" or "Are you planning to make a mantis event in zOMG! this year?" or "You unfairly banned me and my mantis - what gives?!?! scream scream "

It seems that those questions are asked a lot in ATA.
I am curious of if Lanzer should just answer those questions right away in the first post with a big , "NO"! xD

I don't think hacked, banned, and tickets should be in the ATA. Because those are personal issues that already have a system to handle it. ><';;
I also think that zOMG should have it's own ATA. Since there are so many users who do play zOMG and love it and do have questions and concerns. I think if they gave the time to just answer only zOMG questions, zOMG users would be super happy about that.

I think you guys do a great job.
I know that I couldn't handle ATA. xD I would do my best to avoid it....because...I hate answering questions! I'm also a big time lurker, so sometimes just talking is too much for me. emo

Casrial's Bae

Salty Titan

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
siskataya
Meromictic
Krissim Klaw

So the admins are turning into mantises?

And I didn't know Gaia hand a tumblr. xd LOL

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
lol the mantis questions. xd

i agree that zomg should maybe have its own ata but we all know that updates on bug fixes are unavailable since staff are on other projects, etc. and with zomg, who would even be over the ata? hoc has its own ata sometimes. it usually is the users that play hoc a lot that are there and they want to find out of any changes, etc. so with zomg, would it even be like the hoc set up?

no matter what kind of staff based meet up you have on gaia, there will always be tons of people there and many times repeated questions. when ata isn't advertised, there are still users there, just the thread moves slowly. oh and with zomg, i guess the friday dev meets is most likely what a zomg ata would be.. but that is typically more a hang out with a past staff that worked on zomg.

sadly users think the more they repeat and spam their question, the more likely it will be answered. for ata to reach 30 pages, that is a cakewalk to read through! anyone can backread the thread and later on, other questions can be answered. and with having random conversations in ata, i think it is okay. i usually go to ata to see what questions are being asked or to learn of some things i didn't know. hints about events, etc. ata is never moving uber fast though the wave of users posting is caused by the dev notice. at least gaia stopped linking the ata thread on facebook. *shudder*

anyway, the random questions that don't relate to gaia specific stuff i think is fine. sometimes, i can't think of something gaia to ask so why not be friendly and ask brony king how he liking his pony stuff? that is just an example. i mean, everyone is human and sometimes, yeah lighthearted discussion within the thread is okay.

and what sagebomb said is right. if you really really want your question answered, you need to stalk the ata thread and get your post in within the first two pages. by doing so, you have a more likely chance to be answered. and don't feel bad if you are skipped. sometimes they don't know what to say because that isn't their expertise. and with any account issues, instead of posting in ata about them, why not try filing a help center ticket. there is a reason that feature is around afterall. ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff