Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Every time I go in there, it's just so hostile! D'; People are mad because they are asking questions and no one is answering back to them and then they become snarly about it. I actually feel bad for the admins because I don't understand why they keep doing it! I , personally would dread ATA time. It's only accessible for such a short time and it gets flooded very fast. I mean, the admins can only do so much and when there is just anger in the room, it's very hard for them to answer EVERYONE's question. I can be in there for 2 minutes and refresh the page and there are 5 extra pages within that time frame. I personally, as an admin would be very stressed. I do not like displeasing my peers, but at the same time there is only so much I can do when I am dealing with 30+ people and questions.
I also understand why everyone is annoyed. You want solutions already and tired of asking the same questions each time. But I doubt the Admins are purposely ignoring your questions. They also have a lot on their plate.

Discuss:::
How would you make ATA better and suggestions about it?
How do you feel the Admins do with that time?
Do you find it hostile or reasonable reactions?

Any other concerns about ATA ?

Perfect Saint

Rude posters should be put in a corner.

Interesting Genius

14,250 Points
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Little Dead Soldier

How would you make ATA better and suggestions about it?

What if users sent there questions or concerns in a head of time. The admins could discuss the most important ones. The other one's that don't get answered during the ATA could get answered in some sort of forum or a blog.

Fluffy Glitch

As you said the ones that get annoyed need to realize that when an admin types up an answer to one question they have 30+ more by the time they post it up. I understand bumping after around five pages or so pages if you feel your question is really that important but you have to ask yourself: How important is my question? What is the content of my question? Is ATA the only place I feel that my question could possibly get an answer or can I attain an answer somewhere else?

I appreciate how the admin try their best to keep their answers short, to the point, and not filled with technological terms or use words that would be above the average user's comprehension level.

Personally I avoid the ATA. I went one time and my question got answered.

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Welcome to customer service.

Not much the admins can do about the hostilities. People are going to be impatient and mad no matter what they do.

Angelic Blob

I don't know how long those threads last. So perhaps set up a cookie or constant captcha thing (like spring cleaning did with voting) and only allow one posting. If the admins can get through some in the few minutes, then open the thread.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

It's like a dam bursting and water floods a town, there's no way to stop it. I wish they would set up a thread where we could ask questions and then maybe they can set up answers to those during the week and when AtA opens, they're answered. But then they can also open AtA for users who didn't post in the thread and even though they'll still be flooded, it might not be as bad.

Tricky Cat

I went in once and made two posts.
one with actual concerns, and one asking Zero Omega if he'd play league with me.

Today after the ATA, he was back to playin'.

They're just humans, and grinding through lotsa pages of questions seems tedious and annoying to me, imagine if you had to do it weekly.
I'd rather answer the questions that treated me like a human.
They should only allow questions about praying mantises.

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Krissim Klaw
That would makes things a whole lot easier.

They might even be able to streamline the questions/answers that way. emotion_kirakira

Time-traveling Senshi

I can fix the issue of the AtA flooding and pissy respondents in three words, quit advertising it. The only reason it gets that way is because they advertise it every week in the Dev Notices. They have a link to a thread on how to do the AtA right but no one reads it and we get the mess we have each week. Stop advertising it and in two or three weeks people will forget about it and the numbers will drop drastically. Easiest fix out there.

Perfect Saint

Chibi Halo
          I can fix the issue of the AtA flooding and pissy respondents in three words, quit advertising it. The only reason it gets that way is because they advertise it every week in the Dev Notices. They have a link to a thread on how to do the AtA right but no one reads it and we get the mess we have each week. Stop advertising it and in two or three weeks people will forget about it and the numbers will drop drastically. Easiest fix out there.

Could kill it for people with legitimate concerns as well. Easiest fixes can be the most damaging at times.
Meromictic
Krissim Klaw
That would makes things a whole lot easier.

They might even be able to streamline the questions/answers that way. emotion_kirakira
Yes, it would be a win, win for all involved. emotion_awesome

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

That's why I would only say Hi to the Admins and run away away from the over sea of posts. o3o;;

-~--~-

Fluffy Fatcat

14,550 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Partygoer 500
I am never around for the ATA and i have no idea how it is going.
I usually just read it later and i am happy that it happens so many of my questions are answered there without me getting part in. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff