Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've been thinking, what if gaia had a true role-play experience. I mean by adding a hp and mp option next where your gold is on your toolbar. With the HP or health points, you can have health points added by posting approprate topics and posts. You can also lose health points by posting inapproprate(swearing, sexual topics, etc) topics and posts. I haven't figure what would be done if a person lost all their HP. With MP or magic points, a person could lose or gain them by losing or adding friends. If you have any suggestions to add, feel free to. biggrin
impossible.
Well, we do know for sure that one day we'll have stats. I don't think it will work the way you're thinking though. It will supposedly all be part of the battle system.
Tortured-Bunny.
impossible.

why do you say that? there is a big problem of inapproprate topics on gaia
Yamaryu
Well, we do know for sure that one day we'll have stats. I don't think it will work the way you're thinking though. It will supposedly all be part of the battle system.

I guess you have a point
Improbable as part of posting, as they would have to then appoint a million people to just every second of every day swim through the boards to raise or lower as appropriate...

Just wait till the battle system, im sure thier will be something worthful in that.
They wouldn't ahve an HP/MP system for threads that are borderline of the rules or for swearing. They have a reporting system for things like that. Pretty much the only reason they'd have an HP/MP system would be for the battle system (where MP would be questionable with).

What has been rumoring (from a mod I know) is a little Karma system like that in the art arena that deals with spamming and such. Inappropiate threads are a problem, though they can be dealt accordingly by moderators if reported correctly.
can someone tell me what the karma system and the battle system is?
luckycharmsofdarkness
Tortured-Bunny.
impossible.

oh i know that! what we need is more mod's not a atb system.
Karma system is a judging of posts based on context and such. The art arena has such a system so that users do not spam the place with needless comments that are made solely for earning gold. It charges teh users gold for doing such things, thus... punishes them.

The battle system is a program currently under development by the admins that is to be a game some time in the near/far future. Details can be found in the BST.
Tortured-Bunny.
luckycharmsofdarkness
Tortured-Bunny.
impossible.

yeah but who would want to be online all day checking on every post. with this, the servers could have a program where it's kind of like how school and homes block sites only they would block taboo topics.
Airez
Karma system is a judging of posts based on context and such. The art arena has such a system so that users do not spam the place with needless comments that are made solely for earning gold. It charges teh users gold for doing such things, thus... punishes them.

The battle system is a program currently under development by the admins that is to be a game some time in the near/far future. Details can be found in the BST.

the karma system sounds like a good idea
Ayame Hikarikana
Improbable as part of posting, as they would have to then appoint a million people to just every second of every day swim through the boards to raise or lower as appropriate...

Just wait till the battle system, im sure thier will be something worthful in that.

They wouldn't have to get people to do it. You can do it all with PHP coding and databases.

It would take alot of work to just do that. I think stats are coming in the Battle System, but just for role play uses it's a pointless use of admin time.

Nice idea, just not practical.
luckycharmsofdarkness
Tortured-Bunny.
luckycharmsofdarkness
Tortured-Bunny.
impossible.

yeah but who would want to be online all day checking on every post. with this, the servers could have a program where it's kind of like how school and homes block sites only they would block taboo topics.

And what if a taboo topic was approached from a more educative ange? Thoses are allowed after all, if not violating pg rules.
Who would decide what sort of topics are automatically deleted?
What topics would be automatically deleted?
Would they delete topics that only mentioned one single word in thier database? What if the system got confused and deleted posts that mentioned

"a**imilation" because it had 'a**' in it.

Or Dictionary because it saw Dic. (i know its lacking the k, but overly sensitive chat bots sometimes block that as well)

The problem is, the reason we have mods is to prevent a system that is faulty, and all non-human systems are faulty as a machine can not judge and weigh the possibilities of a topics reasons for exsisting. filters = bad ideas.
The karma system will be interesting. I'm wondering if it will be anything like TheForum's, or Slashdot's.

+Rep!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces