Welcome to Gaia! ::

spacekitten
All the forums here are for RPing, anime and videogames. That's nice and all, I like anime and videogames, but I'd like to see a 'debate forum' or 'politics forum' for people who want to discuss debatable issues, politics, current events and the like.

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:20 am

I'm going to start this off as a tribute to spacekitten, from which, I can only guess, we have to thank for the existence of some of our forums today. In the future, this thread might be exapnded to include other tributes to the Gaians who made Gaia a better place, and the statements they made to effect it.

I placed this here because It has been stated that a topic about people specifically, goes here.

4,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
Where is the DISCUSSION in this post? And plus, there already IS a politics forum. :/
I am not even going to wastmy time with this. *calls for back-up* get ride of him boys *the back-up pounds the n00b in the head for making a thread that has no purpose in the GCD*

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
[Makata]
Where is the DISCUSSION in this post? And plus, there already IS a politics forum. :/
That's not the point. Look at the date. That post is from last year when there wasn't a politics forum. That user is the reason we have such (sub)forums.

Familiar Elder

@_@ So how sure are you that it was because of this person? Are you sure it's not others who request the same thing?

And when was ED formed?

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Michael Noire
I placed this here because It has been stated that a topic about people specifically, goes here.

Actually I think you'll find that threads about specific people don't belong here. sweatdrop

Threads like these belong in the Chatterbox.
crying help me im a noob crying waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
here's another gem

Alpha_Omega
for valentines day, why don't we get new gift wrap boxes in the shape of hearts and stuff to send those we care about

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:24 pm
Seth Darkheart
Michael Noire

Actually I think you'll find that threads about specific people don't belong here. sweatdrop

Aquafire
Rants and discussions about the GAIA Exchange community. While it may hold the most relevance to the readers in the Exchange, all discussions about the users of Gaia belong in the Gaia Community Discussion forum.

Bold added by me... ^_^
Michael Noire
Seth Darkheart
Michael Noire

Aquafire
Rants and discussions about the GAIA Exchange community. While it may hold the most relevance to the readers in the Exchange, all discussions about the users of Gaia belong in the Gaia Community Discussion forum.

Bold added by me... ^_^

But if you read the stickies here you will find specific user threads are against the rules =X

Edit - It seems Nora's Rule post was lost in the forum moves, but they aren't allowed, I respect you wanting to thank the person for what they did, but it still dosen't belong here. Perhaps if you managed to slip in some sort of discussion around what forum people would like to see, and if they think by simple way of persuasion they could make them come to be.

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Michael Noire
Aquafire

Bold added by me... ^_^

About users in general, yes... But you're not allowed to create threads that focus on specific users. It's in one of the GCD stickies (which is down right now).

Dramatic Hunter

Noraboo's missing sticky held the info that no one user migt be praised in this forum, just the overall community. Otherwise this place would turn into a fan forum.

EDIT: Arg, Seth and Shadow beat me to it ^^;;
First of all, how did you happen to come across a post from last year?

Second of all, we have Extended Discussion, and a Polotics forum.
hittokiri battousi
First of all, how did you happen to come across a post from last year?

Second of all, we have Extended Discussion, and a Polotics forum.

By looking for it and he knows they have the forums, the point is he believe she helped them come to be, so he wanted to praise her.
if you pay closer attention to the theme, it began with spacekitten, however, there is a theme going on here.

This is a Tribute thread not to a single member of gaia, for being "cool" this is a Tribute thread to an ever growing list of People who made a difference in the way Gaia works. Gaia Community Discussion

in this thread, you are encouraged to, if you can find it, and prove it, point out the NON STAFF originators of ideas which changed our community. Obviously, if someone said "we should have heart shaped boxes of candy to give out to people" and then a year later, there it is, - that's an actual contribution, even moreso since that singular item was part of the historical valentine's day fiasco in which the release for hangouts was delayed. Yet.. the person who suggested that in 2004, wasn't spacekitten, it was Alpha_Omega.

Chatterbox isn't the palce to do a tribute to anyone. its a garbage can where you throw unwanted threads and spam. If Gaia considers Honoring its own community (btw, i don't even know these people...) to be Chatterbox spam, then there is really something wrong with Gaia.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff