Welcome to Gaia! ::

riigmor
If you ask me, a trend I really want to see is a nonmatching trend.
People
seriously
your shades dont have to match perfectly
st-
stop
just
stop it.

gonk gonk gonk

*has nightmares* *sends bill for therapy*

*sucks thumb*
Lost_Wings
I miss the first zombie trend back when many avatars had a grunny attached to the back of their head. ... Would that be considered a trend or an event?

Normally I'd say event but then quite a few trends were born out of events.

Adephi's Significant Otter

Lost_Wings
I miss the first zombie trend back when many avatars had a grunny attached to the back of their head. ... Would that be considered a trend or an event?
That was an event, wasn't it? Where people turned into Grombies.

Anxious Garbage

I enjoyed the "wear whatever the hell you want" semi-trend back in... '06 I think. You know the one, Were feet, buck teeth, clown nose, KoNfUzEd Rainbow toesocks. emotion_awesome

I also enjoyed the trend right around when we got all those nice red items.

I really dislike the teeny tiny feet and leg trend going on right now. Most of the leg mods in general just upset me, and in my opinion, look stupid. emotion_donotwant

I want more hairy men and cream/black/red trends to happen.

Anxious Garbage

Kiss in Digital
riigmor
If you ask me, a trend I really want to see is a nonmatching trend.
People
seriously
your shades dont have to match perfectly
st-
stop
just
stop it.

gonk gonk gonk

*has nightmares* *sends bill for therapy*

*sucks thumb*
Don't say you don't remember those days, when the whites were always a different shade from the rest, and none of the blacks matched. emotion_dowant

Interesting Gaian

7,400 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I'm still really new, but if you can call it a trend, alot of people here like to dress in fat man suits with buggy eyes and shaved heads. Oh, and sneakers, too.
riigmor

Least favorite trend: POKETARS.
FUGGIN
POKETARS.

What are Poketars...? Just curious, I seemed to have missed this one.

@ topic:
    I'm not sure why, but I was quite fond of the Hard Shell Pack trend that all the cool kids participated in in Towns. I love doing that... sitting in the fountain while the newbies continuously asked how I was a turtle and how I got on the fountain. It was trendy for a while, until some other I Am items started coming out.
    I;d like to see some more blues, really. Like really pale blues. That would be wonderful emotion_kirakira

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I haven't really payed attention to any of the newest trends, but I remember when grass skirts, buck teeth, and/or fairy wings were super popular. These days I see a lot of people using body mod items, so I guess that could be considered a trend.

Moonlight Hunter

8,750 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Team Jacob 100
Worst = cloud slippers. With anything.

Best = I have noooo clue. Maybe demonic headband.

Tiny Wildcat

I wish gaia would stop making teeny tiny shoes and legs. Just give well made normal size shoes anytime. We need more shoes, especially ones that look good on the male base. Most of the nice new shoes look kinda wonky on this base.

I quess tiny legmods are the "thing" now -.-

And cream... I actually like cream but too much is too much. Mint and cream were last years trend, could we move on please?

There was a rainbow trend couple years ago. (Or am I totally wrong?) I liked that one biggrin

Naughty Moonwalker

TheMoonsBluePassage
Existential Existence
Lost_Wings
Existential Existence
Slick Southpaw
Shiver`
Trend I'm annoyed with - Gaia obsession with cream colored items the last two years. And ridiculous feet placement coupled with foot binding.

Fix'd. cool
Still waiting for the hairy man trend to take off.

How about the hairy woman. xp

No one ever seems to care about hairy women...

Does this entail a mustache trend?

I was hoping for a unibrow trend, but I'm not sure if there's a unibrow item.

There's this item:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/15497

But it has eyes attached to it.....now that you mention it, we don't really have a "unibrow" only item on Gaia.

We don't have any eyebrow only items on Gaia, uni or not. Which is a shame, since there's a lot of potential there. Eyebrows are only a small detail, but they do add a lot in determining the mood of an avatar.

I only wear wigs on my avi and in the Salon I got a bald head with nothing but eyebrows.

Phantom

ducky duckie
riigmor

Least favorite trend: POKETARS.
FUGGIN
POKETARS.

What are Poketars...? Just curious, I seemed to have missed this one.

@ topic:
    I'm not sure why, but I was quite fond of the Hard Shell Pack trend that all the cool kids participated in in Towns. I love doing that... sitting in the fountain while the newbies continuously asked how I was a turtle and how I got on the fountain. It was trendy for a while, until some other I Am items started coming out.
    I;d like to see some more blues, really. Like really pale blues. That would be wonderful emotion_kirakira

When the little ball things first came out in gold shops (the ones you can hold in your hand or have floating next to your avatar) people kept making "pokemon avatars" where they would have some kind of animal, one of the balls, and an avatar that looked like a pokemon trainer.

Ice-Cold Knight

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
best trend: adventure time

least fav: lusty scoundrel classified_fu

Godlike Ghost

gaia_crown
I can't say I've had any favorite trends... I really can't remember any. sweatdrop

I really hate the Lusty trend though. It looks like s**t on any avatar with a c or darker base. >:C
I also hated the monochrome trend when it came around... ugh. gonk

Trends that need to happen... MOAR GREEN. of all shades.
and orange.
and more body mods that give us boobies. emotion_kirakira

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

akiflower13

I only wear wigs on my avi and in the Salon I got a bald head with nothing but eyebrows.

I didn't consider the bald, eyebrow only hairstyles we have in the salon. There could be some potential there if only the eyebrows could be combined with wigs to replace the eyebrows that come with some of the wigs. I'd like to have eyebrows that convey different emotions that you can mix and match with already existing hairstyles and wigs. Like a raised brow, sullen brow, happy brow, dancing brow, uni-brow, etc. all available in different colors.

Although I think I've kind of gotten off topic with this little rant...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff