Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Friend

6,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
06'er here, I'll keep this brief.

I prefer the original towns over the other one because of it's simplicity. Topics allow you to meet people with similar interests and the easy navigation and house placings make it easy to create places where you and your friends hang out.

Towns 2 seems just a bit over done and I hardly ever see people talking in it, feels morel like people are just there to explore. I do appreciate the efforts the Gaia staff are putting into creating Towns 2. It's just not preferred by everyone.

I would like to hear other peoples' opinions.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I think Towns 2 has many improvements, though I hope they change a few things.

Witty Phantom

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
I liked towns 1 too, I'm used to just go and walk around, it was faster also. I don't like towns 2 because it's harder to navigate. I rather just go to get free gold. The only thing I didn't like was how many homes their were, people that wanted to quit should have been able to get rid of their homes so it wasn't over loaded.

Now my question is, I do want to move my house to the towns 2. so how do I do that?

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
I'd like to move my house over, too, but I have no idea how.

I also have no idea on how to get anywhere in Towns 2. A little help?
Overall I enjoy the feel of Towns 2, and once some of the kinks are worked out I think I might like it more, but right now the lack of neighbourhood directories and lack of easy navigation from place to place kind of kills it for me.

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Oh god not this again...

Zack Mcdol's Widow

Dedicated Dabbler

17,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Rasha is alone
I liked towns 1 too, I'm used to just go and walk around, it was faster also. I don't like towns 2 because it's harder to navigate. I rather just go to get free gold. The only thing I didn't like was how many homes their were, people that wanted to quit should have been able to get rid of their homes so it wasn't over loaded.

Now my question is, I do want to move my house to the towns 2. so how do I do that?

Get the taxi from Gambino Port, and go to whichever neighborhood you like. The switch should be pretty easy once you decide on a plot. There might still be empty neighborhoods, or you'll have to ask for permission from an occuiped, which'll happen once you click on an empty space that already has a landlord. You came become a landlord yourself by just creating a neighborhood, though it'll be empty aside from you.

I have some space in my Durem neighborhood. If you want to move there, just PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
ThanatosRising
Overall I enjoy the feel of Towns 2, and once some of the kinks are worked out I think I might like it more, but right now the lack of neighbourhood directories and lack of easy navigation from place to place kind of kills it for me.

Having to save my favorite location all over again is a pain right? I'd prefer a easier navigation from the smart phone.

Liberal Smoker

User Image

I was in Towns 2 today and it really only let me explore my neighborhood and there were no arrows where I could explore other people's neighborhoods. Also I found that catching bugs is harder in T2.

User Image

Manly Regular

well towns 2 definitely take off that great feature of Towns 1 of meeting new people by just exploring around

also Towns 1 had better music imo
its more calming than the revamped version for twosn 2

nextjune's King

Romantic Paradox

37,400 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
The original towns isn't preferred by everyone either.
They will keep upgrading.
That was the problem with the original towns, it was too simple.

Demonic Lover

I enjoy the "look" of the first version, the second version looks a lot like zOMG!, and I never really liked the look of that place :C it's all very round and clean, Towns 1 looked a bit more pixeled, and (at least in my opinion) that looks better with our avatars. I've only seem a Durem neighborhood and it looked okay, I don't know I just wasn't all that impressed :C not that I was impressed with the old houses in the old towns, but after so long I was expecting to be wow'ed XD; maybe the others will be better. There are a lot of things I greatly dislike of the new towns x ox like the walking speed, talk about useless and obnoxious things D: why would the initial speed be so low?, just make it like the old ones!, I never saw anyone complaining they wanted to go slower or faster x~x imo it's just obnoxious.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I agree about the original towns' art looking better with our avatars. I like the variety of housing and locations in Towns 2, and I feel like movement is slightly easier, but it looks weirdly cartoony (though it looks better in person than it did in the sample pictures they'd shown earlier, at least).

I hope navigation gets streamlined later. Having to go back to Gambino to get anywhere is weird and makes no sense. And the inability to just wander around neighborhoods is really annoying. I never spent a ton of time in Towns but Towns 2 doesn't make me want to.

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
I'm pretty sure that in a week or so, people will get used to Towns 2 and know how it works properly, Gaia will update it to make it run more smooth and no one will want to head back to Towns 1.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
'04 here (not that it really matters) and I prefer Towns 2 by leaps and bounds.

Much more varied scenery. Neighborhoods that fit town themes. Houses actually look different (the coding for the interiors still needs to be ironed out though). It's still in beta mode, I'm sure there are a lot more improvements coming.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff