Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
There are fewer insects and stuff to pick up in Towns 2 but overall it's better than Towns. I can move easier in Towns 2 without getting stuck even if I have a background equipped (although I know some are having problems with the lag). There are more landmarks too.. not to mention the new look of the houses.

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

The only thing I disliked about Towns 2 is that it was a bit confusing at first.
It didn't make any obvious point of telling you where to go to set up your town.

It's also quite laggy, too. (Though, not surprising since it's a new feature)
From what I'm seeing also, they didn't make it obvious about how to port
your old home.

It could definitely do with a tutorial, or some obvious signs around.

Otherwise, all the houses look gorgeous. Very vibrant!

Oneirose Ashwalker's Significant Otter

Smitten Kitten

18,475 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
I love the look and feel of towns 2 but I miss being able to walk from neighborhood to neighborhood and its much harder to collect trash and bugs in towns 2.

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

I definitely prefer Towns 2 over the original Towns. I like the look, variety, and capacity for customization in Towns 2. Sure, there are still a few wrinkles that need to be smoothed out in the new version, but so far I really like it. Hopefully the inability to move from one neighborhood to another within a particular city will be one of those wrinkles that are smoothed out. If not, I can see how bug, flower, and trash collecting can become very annoying in the new Towns.

Lonely Athlete

21,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Hello there!

'10 here.
Towns 1 was fun and all. But I think it's time to see what Towns 2 is about.

No opinion otherwise, at least I get to see more people I know on Gaia.

have a nice day

Lonely Athlete

21,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Himemiya Neko
The only thing I disliked about Towns 2 is that it was a bit confusing at first.
It didn't make any obvious point of telling you where to go to set up your town.

your old home.

Hello there!

you can adjust the speed of the avatar.

have a nice day

Lavish Lunatic

Towns 2 is way better, in terms of gameplay, looks, design, interactivity and safety. Lets remember, safety was one of the main points why they even started developing towns 2.

I also think a lot of arguments against towns 2 are born from ignorance. People don't realize that towns 1 was/is a scripter heaven and that the coding is very old and very outdated. People also don't realize that they can easily adjust the avatars walking speed, change the style and location of their house and that trash is also present in towns 2 (albeit still in low numbers).

But the most important part people are forgetting is that Towns 2 is still being developed! They're still smoothing out the bumps and there are even more plans for expanding towns 2. They're still working on improving the navigation and I heard that the summer event will take place in towns 2 and that they're planning on making a towns square (like Gambino town) for every town.

Work in progress people, work in progress.

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

Dexigone
Himemiya Neko

your old home.

Hello there!

have a nice day

I know you can.
You hold shift.
That's not what I meant by laggy though lol

Lonely Athlete

21,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Himemiya Neko
Dexigone
Himemiya Neko

your old home.

Hello there!

have a nice day

I know you can.
You hold shift.
That's not what I meant by laggy though lol
Hello there!

Ok. Comment on a posting style, I've heard that before. Where are the laggy parts? But I'm not going to complain or start a fight, but please enjoy this GIF of Bunchie (the proper name of that green worm-like llama that gallops) being Ridden on Paula Deen.

User Image

You're welcome.

have a nice day

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

Dexigone
Hello there!

Ok. Comment on a posting style, I've heard that before. Where are the laggy parts? But I'm not going to complain or start a fight, but please enjoy this GIF of Bunchie (the proper name of that green worm-like llama that gallops) being Ridden on Paula Deen.

User Image

You're welcome.

have a nice day

Huh?
I wasn't trying to start an argument, if that's what you think.
It was laggy for me right at the landing, in Barton.
Maybe because lots of people were on at the time; I don't know.
But even when I held shift, I'd lag a bit, and jump around a tad.

I actually enjoy Towns 2 a lot. I never used Towns, but I'll be using this.
But I don't understand the start where you said "Ok. Comment on a posting style"?

Destructive Bunny

I never really got the point of towns 1, and that hasn't changed with towns 2. But hey, at least towns 2 looks better emotion_kirakira

Fashionable Lunatic

ℜinny says: Towns 2 is laggy and weird.

Big Bunny

✦i like towns better cus im into the art in it

Cambrie Noel's Husband

Wicked Demigod

Both Towns have their pros and cons.. I do like Towns 2 because of the new interface.. the design.. I like the whole neighborhood idea and how easy it is to find your friends there too!
However, I think Towns 2 could probably draw on some inspiration from Towns 1 in the matter of topics or simply "exploring" like we did there.. So we don't always end up in empty places when going on adventures (I like how you can see how many people are there in Towns 1, so you can choose where you show up)... But maybe they got rid of it for a reason? Towns 2 is still being worked on, only the housing is really open.. Let it open fully to the new areas and let's see if Codemonkey has some extra surprises for us smile

Friendly Trickster

I prefer towns 1 over towns 2. Towns works on my tablet which is the only way I have of logging on to gaia. Towns two would either crash on me or never fully load. Now I cant even get into towns 2 at all. When towns 1 goes I will no longer be able to collect items for ink or alchemy or meet new people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff