Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Towns 2.0 art - what do you like most?

The art style 0.20560747663551 20.6% [ 44 ]
The flowers/vegetation 0.18224299065421 18.2% [ 39 ]
The housing look 0.1588785046729 15.9% [ 34 ]
The new fountain 0.018691588785047 1.9% [ 4 ]
Codemonkey with his mouth open in awe at the front gate 0.19626168224299 19.6% [ 42 ]
The lamps (possible lighting?) 0.02803738317757 2.8% [ 6 ]
The barrel trash can 0.0093457943925234 0.9% [ 2 ]
The trash on the ground 0.037383177570093 3.7% [ 8 ]
Nothing 0.065420560747664 6.5% [ 14 ]
Gold 0.098130841121495 9.8% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 214 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Rare

Uncle Kenny
Sir Black Tea
While an art update is nice I have to wonder if this new towns is anything more than a new coat of paint.

The entire backend has been rewritten and the entire front-end was rewritten/updated to upgrade it from AS2 to AS3. It's much more than just a new coat of paint, but we're putting quite a bit of shine on what you'll be able to see smile

So I assume it will run faster/ be less or insusceptible to scriptors, but are new features going to be added upon release or possibly in the future?

Pierced Werewolf

45,925 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Devin 200
I like the thought that one day we may be able to add extensions onto our homes to make them look like that.
And maybe even expand into a bit of a yard.

Scurvy Pirate

Sir Black Tea
Uncle Kenny
Sir Black Tea
While an art update is nice I have to wonder if this new towns is anything more than a new coat of paint.

The entire backend has been rewritten and the entire front-end was rewritten/updated to upgrade it from AS2 to AS3. It's much more than just a new coat of paint, but we're putting quite a bit of shine on what you'll be able to see smile

So I assume it will run faster/ be less or insusceptible to scriptors, but are new features going to be added upon release or possibly in the future?

We are building it with the ideas of adding many things in the future. When it's released you'll see things in there that aren't in there now, but it's far from all we're going to be putting in. The new system will allow us to use Towns 2 in ways we could never have hoped to use Towns 1.

Aged Genius

Sir Black Tea
Uncle Kenny
Sir Black Tea

Both!

Aged Fox

I'm really liking what I'm seeing there. I'm so excited to see my new house!

O.G. Gaian

9,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
The Undead Suitor
why do we all have to live in shitty mushroom houses

i refuse to live in fungi

they're not all -shitty mushroom houses- *edit* there are many various styles of houses.....

Rare

codemonkey37179
Sir Black Tea
Uncle Kenny
Sir Black Tea

Both!

Excellent!

Rare

Uncle Kenny
Sir Black Tea
Uncle Kenny
Sir Black Tea

We are building it with the ideas of adding many things in the future. When it's released you'll see things in there that aren't in there now, but it's far from all we're going to be putting in. The new system will allow us to use Towns 2 in ways we could never have hoped to use Towns 1.

Fantastic! I may even venture out of the forums at one point.

Backwoods Animal

18,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
Well, that all sounds very promising :3 I haven't visited Towns in ages, and I do sort of miss it, even though due to this and that factor and of course the interference of unreasonable little twerps, the feature remained in general a risk to accounts and such, as well as a rather clunky experience. I'm eager to discover the new Towns in its whole, newly-coded-from-scratch glory, and while I'm not prone to superstition, I will treat the fact that I earned a Blue Gift Box from visiting this topic as a good omen !

Aged Genius

Buki
The Undead Suitor
why do we all have to live in shitty mushroom houses

i refuse to live in fungi

they're not all -shitty mushroom houses- as you say...... neutral
srsly?

Maybe he meant to say Shitake?

In any case we had mushroom houses anyway.

User Image

Magical Kitten

Ohmigosh its lovely. emotion_kirakira

I've been very excited about Towns2 since I noticed codemonkey's thread, and it only had 8 pages then! I really can't wait to be able to enjoy that feature of the site again.

I think people don't realize how much work goes into re-coding everything, starting from scratch. And they might not appreciate all the work and love going into the project, because all they can see is the art (which is beautiful! Thankyou artists!).

Also, that journal update! heart I'm getting excited for all those updates planned for this year (guilds! inventory arranger! new games!).

I wonder when we will be able to move into towns2?? I love the island huts!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff