Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Would you like to see Flynn's Booty/Chest re-released?

Yes. 0.037671232876712 3.8% [ 11 ]
Only in a limited amount. 0.085616438356164 8.6% [ 25 ]
No, never. 0.81506849315068 81.5% [ 238 ]
I'm indifferent. 0.061643835616438 6.2% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 292 ]
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 >

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Not sure if the GCD has been hit with this, but throughout the day in the SF censoring has become quote profound for that forum. Apparently anything referencing IRL names has been locked or deleted, and several threads criticizing the CEO's direction of Gaia (even when not mentioning any names) have been locked/deleted.

I think this is a new, and dangerous turn for Gaia, and I think it will only result in more hurt feelings and backlash.

Has the GCD been experiencing any of this "censoring"? How do you feel about such actions?

Does anyone know why this thread (which previously was viewable and had the CEO's name, and account listed) is suddenly gone?

Big Girl

34,150 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
Oh wow. And that thread had been made by Sisky ages ago...

This is, without a doubt, a frightening turn of events to say the least. I look forward to seeing what the excuse is for this one.

Enkyubus's Wife

Melodious Conversationalist

I think that thread is suddenly gone because people necro'd it and were posting how they really felt, even though just a month into the thread there were complaints. People on the front page were editing their posts expressing their disdain as well.

Censorship isn't good, Gaia....13+ means no lady nipples, not lack of speech freedom.

Nimble Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
I was censored earlier [post deleted] in SF for mentioning the COO by name. And no, I was not being aggressive or threatening or angry. whee

I edited my post and reposted it, and I also have a screencap of it and the Admin's words in the PM I was sent: http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a528/Waspscreama/Gaiacapfinished_zps5d8415cc.png

Greedy Drake

Yea I got this lovely mail. Hopefully richie rich dont get mad for publicly naming him. I mean he shits gold bricks and so apparently do the CEO and COO. Maybe they are embarassed about the problem.

edit- spoilerd' for size, I should probably resize it but im too lazy.

User Image

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/you-just-deleted-my-thread-about-the-ceo-you/t.88469283_76/#76

As zero said, threads specifically attacking someone (regarless of if its the CEO or not), are against TOS. As it is harassment.

The only ones I know which got locked where the ones which said things which could be taken as harrasment about Gary. (And then several other topics yelling about having them locked or removed, which dosent really belong in SF either).

I dont know which ones were close for dropping his name...unless they dropped his name and then said something against him which could be seen as harasment (As opposed to feedback/suggestions about how to adress the issues).

Aka, I dont really see anything new.

The removal of the other thread Im not really sure of, probally because it had served its course and was being used not for the original purpose....aka not on topic, and hense shut.
Another site I go to has begun censoring their users as well! Some of you may know/remember Runescape (don't judge me, the quality of the story is what hooked me in, not graphics) begun to sell their virtual items for real money and this was a dramatic change for the users. They promised the users they would never let "real life positions" effect how you played Runescape, yet chose to years later. It was soon discovered that a large portion of the shareholders sold theirs to a company (forgot which), which also owned Maplestory and made them the pay-to-win game they became. The users got angry, and soon enough the name of the company & CEO was censored on the Runescape fourms. Any topic that tries to talk about them is removed.

Isn't it ironic how these things that are supposed to "help" our favorite sites progress for the better end up turning them into money-hungry, downward spiral?

Greedy Drake

gdapw

Considering Sisky herself made a thread about the King rat I thought it was ok to use his name. I guess we shall nall call him "the one who should not be named"

Nimble Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
gdapw
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/you-just-deleted-my-thread-about-the-ceo-you/t.88469283_76/#76

I dont know which ones were close for dropping his name...unless they dropped his name and then said something against him which could be seen as harasment (As opposed to feedback/suggestions about how to adress the issues).

Take the time to look over my screencap. At no point did I attack or insult the staff member who's name I used.

This is new because, previously innocous posts with the top exec's names, were acceptable, and even put into alerts.

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
gdapw

As zero said, threads specifically attacking someone (regarless of if its the CEO or not), are against TOS. As it is harassment.

The only ones I know which got locked where the ones which said things which could be taken as harrasment about Gary. (And then several other topics yelling about having them locked or removed, which dosent really belong in SF either).

The removal of the other thread Im not really sure of, probally because it had served its course and was being used not for the original purpose....aka not on topic, and hense shut.
There were several shut specifically for name dropping.

As another user provided proof of in this thread:
ProtectorofGlasses
I was censored earlier [post deleted] in SF for mentioning the COO by name. And no, I was not being aggressive or threatening or angry. whee

I edited my post and reposted it, and I also have a screencap of it and the Admin's words in the PM I was sent: http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a528/Waspscreama/Gaiacapfinished_zps5d8415cc.png

I find this ridiculous as the COO's identity is part of the public record, not some well kept secret.

Also, I'm not aware of a ToS rule against name dropping if it's not in the form of harrasment. I always understood name drops to be fine (especially if it's not IRL names) as long as they were there for context and not being abusive.

Nimble Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Jinglybell
Yea I got this lovely mail. Hopefully richie rich dont get mad for publicly naming him. I mean he shits gold bricks and so apparently do the CEO and COO. Maybe they are embarassed about the problem.

edit- spoilerd' for size, I should probably resize it but im too lazy.

User Image

Loved your editing job rofl I confess to laughing out loud. Who needs their real names when we have such apt descriptors for them?

I notice you got hit by the same admin I did, though apparently that isn't the only staff member doing this; someone in my thread on the matter mentioned being hit by a completely different staff member.

Greedy Drake

ProtectorofGlasses

Well im not mad at star hes just doing his job. I mean s**t rolls down hill after all. If I get banned for my opinion IDGAF anymore. Just one more person gone I guess.

Dead Hellraiser

To be honest, I'm surprised it took this long.

Frankly, the staff here lets us users get away with a lot more than they should, and this sort of disgusting user behavior shouldn't have been tolerated in the first place. There are ways of voicing your disdain without coming off as an a*****e.

And while you might not be name-dropping in a harassing manner yourself (or so you say), you are opening them up to harassment.

EDIT: Don't quote me.

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I got my post removed as well for simply letting someone know our CEO's name. Wasn't badmouthing him in any way. Simply said, our CEO is ____________. stressed stressed stressed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff