Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heart Tamer

It'll be interesting if the Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals are included as ultra rares.

Dangerous Explorer

Silver Tear Angel

That is super depressing </3. I hate that victories can hold such cheap items in them, its not fair.

Yeah, it's freaking dumb. But oh well. I am at a point that, I am going to buy a Divinity's Reach 6 pack to top it all off. dramallama

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Hi-Potion
lilloulou
It's still way better than the fact Princess Harmony is there because of the dress which is more or less similar to the greek asymetric outfits. Not that it's a bad thing that it will still help it deflate a little for those which was trying to get one
Yeah, I dont even ******** get why thats in there :I
It's based off of Enchanted xD;;

That or any fairy tale with a princess wink That makes me wonder, if they did a "Fairy Tale" themed CI, which of all the princesses they did would be included in there -- it wouldn't be good to only include those; unless they have a mini CI inside the CI which randomly gives one of the princesses. Would be crazy to manage list-wise, but still an original way to do it.

Devoted Reveler

44,040 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Advent Attendee 50
Gash Thrashum
It'll be interesting if the Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals are included as ultra rares.

Probably saving those for next month... emotion_awesome

Romantic Pirate

52,275 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
Wow He Just

Yeah, it's freaking dumb. But oh well. I am at a point that, I am going to buy a Divinity's Reach 6 pack to top it all off. dramallama

May the luck be with you! Crossing my fingers for ya!
Anyone selling any??

Time-traveling Senshi

Sailor Tin Nyanko
Chibi Halo
          I want confirmation from Gaia that all new items will now be showing up at midnight Eastern now because this is getting nuts. What time zone are they running on now and what happened to NOON Pacific as their time to release stuff? At any rate I hope Persephone drops more because I've been waiting for YEARS for that one to get to the million gold range.

I see things appearing and disappearing all over the place. All night and all morning. As early at like 4 pm est / 1 pm pst and as late as like 6:15 am est / 3:15 am pst once. Most things are happening within or just outside of the midnight to 3 am est range or 9 pm to midnight pst. But like I said.. it's spreading out all over the place. It's just most things are in this range. So even though they just did something at midnight est / 9 pm pst, that doesn't mean in the next couple hours there won't be some more items added and removed... because I am seeing that happen most nights.

It seems like it's midnight now ever since the Recolormas happened. Everything in their announcements, save for letters and random boxes, has been running on EST lately. Before December it was all on Pacific time. It just seems weird that they made this drastic switch with no explanation in someone's journal. Then again, everything around me seems to be changing this winter. Radio stations are flipping frequencies, people are dying, people are being promoted to replace them in their jobs, restaurants are shutting down, and grocery store chains are shutting for good. It would be nice not to be blindsided by something so minor like that.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Gash Thrashum
I personally wouldnt care (theyre pretty dull), but itd upset a lot of people~
And the items themselves arent good, the only value they have is because of their rarity, any more would kill the value (again, I wouldnt care, but people would)
Buuut they've done everything else, so why not? (p.s. the Concierge service in CV would get them for you.. for 600.)

Dangerous Explorer

Silver Tear Angel
Wow He Just

May the luck be with you! Crossing my fingers for ya!

Got all gold. rofl Love my luck right now. dramallama

bloodwitch's Wife

Eloquent Kitten

so glad oisin & persephone are dropping.

almost bought silver laurels earlier today - phew.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Hi-Potion
Sailor Tin Nyanko
I am very sick at the moment.. but...

Attention people ranting about the Blessings not fitting the theme: Greek Gods and Goddesses would, according to certain one's mythology, turn people into Deer, Horses, and Cows... just to name some things. So the Blessings are perfectly fitting. Diana/Artemis, Athena, and Zeus are some Gods/Godesses that did this. Zeus even turned people into Bears.
So if they threw the Russian bear items into the RIG theyd fit the theme is what you're saying?
They wouldnt xD;;
I already knew all of this~ That's a shaky connection at best.

Those two Goddesses had some stories connected to them about them turning people into game, especially deer/stag, if any human spotted them or if they caught anyone hunting for game.

Gaia supposedly liked to turn into deer and stalk those Goddesses some times.

There are just so many stories about the Goddesses in Greek and Roman mythology connecting them to Deer over and over and over again. Them turning into them. Them hunting them. Them turning humans into them. Them hunting people hunting deer. Story after story, myth after myth.

I could say they could cram a water horse in, they could put peacocks in, they could put in minotaurs,.... many things that are combos of horse and human, deer and human, cow and human... since those were races in Mythology that you were warned you could just run into in reality if you go too far this way or that way or another. A female bear or a bear with cubs could be put in. Artemis and Apollo's mother was turned into a Bear by Zeus to hide her from Hera. Their mother happened to be pregnant with them. You could put ummm,.. hell... I am a mess from beign sick and on meds for being sick... the winged horses... can't think of their names... one is like the boy from Married with Children.. some name connection. Because there were Winged Horses a couple times. Ravens and Crows because they carried out sentencing and punishment by some of the Gods.

Some things that wouldn't work out would be Phoenix, Silky Deer, Reindeer, Cardinals ( type of bird),... if you need some animals that don't work into mythology.

But the Part Deer, Part Horse, Part Cow people were there. Can't spell their names Centurians or something. I don't know... I am trying to not black out. I'm very sick and my meds are overkilling.

Deer were heavily connected to Diana/Artemis, Athena, and Gaia. Many stories about if you meet them they will be a Deer, they will be with Deer, or they will turn you into a Deer. It was an expectation. People lived in fear that they would anger one of these and then be killed or attacked by armies of the part horse people.

In a relationship with a fictitious character

Monster Lover

I've been wanting Persephone for forever.

Sweet Creature

34,275 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
hoping this thing is in the shop for more than 2 days cause I'd like Cerynitian's and Wanklets to drop. whee

Romantic Pirate

52,275 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
Wow He Just

Got all gold. rofl Love my luck right now. dramallama

xD. You can use the gold to by more rigs and continue to test your luck!

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Hi-Potion
Sailor Tin Nyanko
I am very sick at the moment.. but...

Attention people ranting about the Blessings not fitting the theme: Greek Gods and Goddesses would, according to certain one's mythology, turn people into Deer, Horses, and Cows... just to name some things. So the Blessings are perfectly fitting. Diana/Artemis, Athena, and Zeus are some Gods/Godesses that did this. Zeus even turned people into Bears.
So if they threw the Russian bear items into the RIG theyd fit the theme is what you're saying?
They wouldnt xD;;
I already knew all of this~ That's a shaky connection at best.

Those two Goddesses had some stories connected to them about them turning people into game, especially deer/stag, if any human spotted them or if they caught anyone hunting for game.

Gaia supposedly liked to turn into deer and stalk those Goddesses some times.

There are just so many stories about the Goddesses in Greek and Roman mythology connecting them to Deer over and over and over again. Them turning into them. Them hunting them. Them turning humans into them. Them hunting people hunting deer. Story after story, myth after myth.

I could say they could cram a water horse in, they could put peacocks in, they could put in minotaurs,.... many things that are combos of horse and human, deer and human, cow and human... since those were races in Mythology that you were warned you could just run into in reality if you go too far this way or that way or another. A female bear or a bear with cubs could be put in. Artemis and Apollo's mother was turned into a Bear by Zeus to hide her from Hera. Their mother happened to be pregnant with them. You could put ummm,.. hell... I am a mess from beign sick and on meds for being sick... the winged horses... can't think of their names... one is like the boy from Married with Children.. some name connection. Because there were Winged Horses a couple times. Ravens and Crows because they carried out sentencing and punishment by some of the Gods.

Some things that wouldn't work out would be Phoenix, Silky Deer, Reindeer, Cardinals ( type of bird),... if you need some animals that don't work into mythology.

But the Part Deer, Part Horse, Part Cow people were there. Can't spell their names Centurians or something. I don't know... I am trying to not black out. I'm very sick and my meds are overkilling.

Deer were heavily connected to Diana/Artemis, Athena, and Gaia. Many stories about if you meet them they will be a Deer, they will be with Deer, or they will turn you into a Deer. It was an expectation. People lived in fear that they would anger one of these and then be killed or attacked by armies of the part horse people.
Yes, deer WERE heavily connected to Artemis, however Oisin is not~ There are lots of deer items on Gaia, but they didnt see fit to include them even tho they'd fit better than Oisin~ (also, no fauns? no minotaur item?) ((but yeah, I know most Greek mythology stories, I grew up reading them endlessly! I remember the one where Artemis turns a man into a stag and he is devoured by his own hunting dogs))

But a lot of items, like Oisin and even Hera's Lace (I know who she was, but aside from the peacock the item has no connection to her at all), that don't really fit the theme even tho there were dozens of other items that do fit the Greek theme that could have been featured "Pan's Horns" is a recent item that fits perfectly. As well as the Icarus item~
Basically what I'm saying is that there are lots of deer themed items that would have fit better, mainly because Oisin is from a different mythos.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff