Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Millionaire

8,625 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
I've used to play gaia from 06 to 09 if i'm not mistaken.
I recently came back to see what's new on gaia and when i saw the prices i was just mind F***ed. xp
What's happening? And how come is so easy to make money now, i remember back in the day it would take you week with multiple account's to make 20k and now you make that i 10-15 minutes playing in the fish tank. rofl

Pylea P's Husband

Magical Pants

19,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Unstoppable Krampus

Everything's more expensive BECAUSE gold is so easy to earn.

User Image

Newbie Millionaire

8,625 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Twisted Lady

User Image

Yeah i've noticed that, i saw items that you would buy with 10k, collectibles, and now they are worth 60K. lol =))

Relentless Glitch

During the time you were inactive, the rest of us have been steadily earning gold to fill the gap.

Never. Stop.

Hallowed Phantom

12,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Loiterer 100
  • Partygoer 500
Twisted Lady

User Image
provided you spend all of your RL money on stupid evolution things and/or playing zomg which is never really that interesting for me.

Aged Gaian

Pay enough money and the entire marketplace is yours.

Stellar Succubus

More users = more gold. More gold = more inflated items. More inflated items = more gold needs to be released to keep new members.

It's a vicious cycle.

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

Freya Bloodline
Twisted Lady

User Image
provided you spend all of your RL money on stupid evolution things and/or playing zomg which is never really that interesting for me.
Not really considering you can earn over 100k from just catching falling gold from the game booty grab.

I don't even play either zOMG or bootygrab or spend money on GC and I noticed a huge difference in earning gold now compared to when I first joined.

Destructive Bunny

emotion_facepalm Never just look at prices alone, look at prices in realtion to earning capacity.

It's actually deflation at work!

Totally serious. In 03 the donation items trippled with each passing month. Now cash items typically deflate and remain steady after release.

Greedy Drake

First off most stuff is cheaper then it was a year ago. Don't believe me go to the marketplace look up an item 1year+ old and check the graphs. Some things younger then 1 year fluctuate in price due to demand/supply that is why sometimes things like for example princess of the world shot up after the rig it mainly came in was phased out. (Yes it still comes in other rigs, just not as often)
The only things that have really inflated are pretty much the super non exsistant-non rereleasing things like queen of solair. (Also Lovely lucie and Agape which are staples)

Also funneling gold from playing bootygrab on multiple accounts is against TOS.

edit
Here's some xamples of high demand crap going down over the year, I can add more if you'd like but I think this gets my point across.

Lusty Started off 550k now abp is around 450k
Omg hat Price has stayed in the stable 21-23 range
Cloud was 450k+ now 350k range
W. Anklets Was 3.5m+ now is 2.3-2.5ish
Demonic Anklets was 150k now 90-100k

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Freya Bloodline
Twisted Lady

User Image

Or you just buy and sell things for profit in your spare time. That's what I do.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
You pretty much answered your own question.

Because it's so easy to make money now, inflation skyrocketed. Everyone has more gold, so gold is worth less. Things have been stabilized and there's a slow deflation going on. What measures Gaia has taken seems to be working slowly but steadily.

Professional Novice

User Image
Let us raise a glass to much inflation!

Some day every newbie will start out with a million gold, and they will all complain that it's not enough. ^^

Newbie Millionaire

8,625 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Jinglybell
First off most stuff is cheaper then it was a year ago. Don't believe me go to the marketplace look up an item 1year+ old and check the graphs. Some things younger then 1 year fluctuate in price due to demand/supply that is why sometimes things like for example princess of the world shot up after the rig it mainly came in was phased out. (Yes it still comes in other rigs, just not as often)
The only things that have really inflated are pretty much the super non exsistant-non rereleasing things like queen of solair. (Also Lovely lucie and Agape which are staples)

Also funneling gold from playing bootygrab on multiple accounts is against TOS.

edit
Here's some xamples of high demand crap going down over the year, I can add more if you'd like but I think this gets my point across.

Lusty Started off 550k now abp is around 450k
Omg hat Price has stayed in the stable 21-23 range
Cloud was 450k+ now 350k range
W. Anklets Was 3.5m+ now is 2.3-2.5ish
Demonic Anklets was 150k now 90-100k

The price of an Omg hat was always like that, even in 09 when i stop playing.
What amazes me are some items that you would buy back in the day for thousand and now you buy them for milions wich is just stupid.
For exemple, yestarday i was just watching the marketplace and saw that Momo the Monkey is now worth about 1 milion gold coins. rofl I used to buy one for 6k.
Now about the items that really went down on price, for exemple the scar of the hero, i don't know if that is the correct name, but i remember you would buy one for 5k and now it's about 300 gold. surprised I just bought 10 of them rofl The android damage prostetic i bought one for 100 gold and they wore worth 5-6k some years back. lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff