Welcome to Gaia! ::

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I don't want any gold sinks that cost that much and I also don't want a tax increase for the marketplace. emotion_donotwant Plus I want events to be free to participate in and get items from.

Spoopy Specter

Super 9-Volt
I don't want any gold sinks that cost that much and I also don't want a tax increase for the marketplace. emotion_donotwant Plus I want events to be free to participate in and get items from.

I'm sorry but I had a problem with the bolded part. :l

If there isn't a cost, there isnt a goldsink. And charging everyone 100g isnt a goldsink.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Niccolo Ammaniti
Super 9-Volt

I'm sorry but I had a problem with the bolded part. :l

If there isn't a cost, there isnt a goldsink. And charging everyone 100g isnt a goldsink.
I'll tolerate it up to 1k but that's it. emotion_donotwant

Generous Tipper

20,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Timid 100
Beast Henshin
Thing is, if we want to get anywhere we need a sink that everyone has to participate in. I would have preferred a tax increase. Not only that, but the same tax added to trades so that Exchangers can't escape it.

This one is a nice idea. It's a throwback to the original Zurg event which makes some of the old farts happy. I'm indifferent until I see what the prizes are.

How exactly would Gaia distinguish between a trade made from the exchange to a trade made from the Charities, Art Shops or even from a hoarding mule to a main. Either way, I disagree. In that case exchangers would be paying double: for making the trade, and for selling the item at the exchange.

Generous Tipper

20,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Timid 100
Blue Mist
I've always wondered about that whole buying Gcash items and then getting banned.
Now with the MC's it is explicitly stated that you are "donating" to Gaia.

But is there a little pop up box that shows every time you purchase G cash that its considered a donation?
Because if you do pay for them, they should belong to you.

Another Gaian that's unaware of the ToS they agreed to upon join the site:

Quote:
        Violations; Termination. You agree that Gaia, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason, may terminate any account (or any part thereof) you may have with Gaia or your use of Gaia Online and remove and discard all or any part of your account including its inventory of any virtual items, Gaia Gold, Gaia Cash Member profile, or any Member Submission, at any time. As all items, Gaia Gold, Gaia Cash, and other aspects of your account are considered to be licensed to you for your use while your account is in good standing, all of the previous are considered to be forfeit when the account is banned or otherwise terminated. Any fees paid hereunder are non-refundable. Gaia may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing access to Gaia Online, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to Gaia Online or any account you may have or portion thereof may be effected without prior notice, and you agree that Gaia shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such termination. As discussed herein, Gaia does not permit copyright infringing activities on Gaia Online, and reserves the right to terminate access to Gaia Online, and remove all content submitted, by any Members who are found to be repeat infringers. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of Gaia Online may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies Gaia may have at law or in equity.

Spoopy Specter

Vigoureux
Blue Mist
I've always wondered about that whole buying Gcash items and then getting banned.
Now with the MC's it is explicitly stated that you are "donating" to Gaia.

But is there a little pop up box that shows every time you purchase G cash that its considered a donation?
Because if you do pay for them, they should belong to you.

Another Gaian that's unaware of the ToS they agreed to upon join the site:

Quote:
        Violations; Termination. You agree that Gaia, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason, may terminate any account (or any part thereof) you may have with Gaia or your use of Gaia Online and remove and discard all or any part of your account including its inventory of any virtual items, Gaia Gold, Gaia Cash Member profile, or any Member Submission, at any time. As all items, Gaia Gold, Gaia Cash, and other aspects of your account are considered to be licensed to you for your use while your account is in good standing, all of the previous are considered to be forfeit when the account is banned or otherwise terminated. Any fees paid hereunder are non-refundable. Gaia may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing access to Gaia Online, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to Gaia Online or any account you may have or portion thereof may be effected without prior notice, and you agree that Gaia shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such termination. As discussed herein, Gaia does not permit copyright infringing activities on Gaia Online, and reserves the right to terminate access to Gaia Online, and remove all content submitted, by any Members who are found to be repeat infringers. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of Gaia Online may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies Gaia may have at law or in equity.

Agreed on both the comments c:

Stellar Succubus

Unconditional Heart
The only thing I disagree with is the chance raffle to be in event comic. I have seen the future and it don't look pretty.

I agree. For 100m, it should be an autobuy for the manga. Maybe not all in the same one, but in a series.

Friendly Fairy

23,025 Points
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I don't get the hostility to be honest. People wanted a goldsink, they come out with a really cool goldsink but everyone's still whinging.

Then again I don't understand the extreme levels of upset over gcash, etc. Every moment of every day companies are doing their best to get you to part with your money, it's up to you to decide which products to buy and which to leave on the shelf.

Distinct Member

VVhip
Unconditional Heart
The only thing I disagree with is the chance raffle to be in event comic. I have seen the future and it don't look pretty.

I agree. For 100m, it should be an autobuy for the manga. Maybe not all in the same one, but in a series.

Not even buy, not after results I have seen in the past.

Playful Kitten

Seriously, lately I find myself buying all the gold items straight from the store, even if theyre cheaper on mp, just to help cut back on all the gold LOL

Dapper Shopper

8,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
1 million gold is a lot for me.

I can't draw, I don't get free GC offers and I work so I can't be here 24/7, I play Booty Grab with a track pad on a laptop so the max I make is 1495g per tank. But I can always ignore the event.

Spoopy Specter

Frozen Mist
Seriously, lately I find myself buying all the gold items straight from the store, even if theyre cheaper on mp, just to help cut back on all the gold LOL

Haha yup. smile I do the same whenever I get the chance. Not too into the goldshop items though.

Spoopy Specter

To all of those who said it wouldn't work..... I see that we are on what.... day two? And we already have 5b out of the system. +1 optimism.

In a relationship with a fleshlight

Ladykiller

I would prefer an MP tax hike.

Flynn is not going to go away--period. An MP tax increase and Smashblox nerf are the only permanent solutions. I would say Alchemy could also use a fix to help, but that's just wishful thinking.

Spoopy Specter

Six Mekhane
I would prefer an MP tax hike.

Flynn is not going to go away--period. An MP tax increase and Smashblox nerf are the only permanent solutions. I would say Alchemy could also use a fix to help, but that's just wishful thinking.

except for the fact that it doesn't actually affect everyone. Quite a few people rarely use the MP system, so those who constantly buy/sell are paying for everyone basically. Taxing trades is also a dumb idea, even though you are the one who suggested it. How would you take item trades? Or if someone is going to let a friend borrow items. Meeeeeeeeeeeeh tax is stupid.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff