Welcome to Gaia! ::

Perfect Lunatic

We've had worse goldsinks
I was honestly expecting another Save Our Shops event
But it just bugs me because the loyalty rewards were actually supposed to be a reward, not a goldsink
Then flynn's boobs and butt got released into the system

Perfectionist

☠ ☠ "Ring a bell so the serpent hears us, let her know that we're tried and true. ." ☠ ☠

User Image

Soubi-chu
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
♥ ♥
But this is Gaia. And the internet in general. People b***h about
one thing and then when something new happens people b***h about
that too. Nobody will ever be 100% happy because that is not the
internet way. Ever. Or human way, ever. xd

I think this is as good a gold sink as any. With this happening and
the new Loyal shop set to be made soon.. I think it's all a good
thing. Will I use my gold for any of it? That's yet to be determined.

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Who said it HAD to be this way? Things CAN change, and sometimes for the better. Sometimes part of making things better requires people / things to change. So why don't we help this change along?- Simply 'accepting' things how they are now doesn't help anything, or anyone. It doesn't MOVE things along. If we want things to get better, things need to change. Especially our attitudes.

As for the Gold sink, I'm going to participate in it. And once that new shop opens, I'm more than likely going to buy from it if something appeals to me- Chances are, lots of things in there are going to appeal to me!

☠ ☠ ". .No the beasts, they won't get near us- And we're not scared of You." ☠ ☠
It has some very negative effects
namely furthering a quickly inflating sense of achievement and even superiority among a number of richer users by overusing the word loyalty
and once again showing that unflattering hesitance to do little more than the bare minimum

Smitten Loverboy

16,000 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Anti-Ling
It has some very negative effects
namely furthering a quickly inflating sense of achievement and even superiority among a number of richer users by overusing the word loyalty
and once again showing that unflattering hesitance to do little more than the bare minimum
I don't see how this will do any of that. Just because you want to classify any rich user as someone who is an elitist or whatnot, doesn't mean we fit that class. There are so many types of loyalty, whether it be posting, playing zOMG, or keeping the economy running. smile We all play our roles and we all should be rewarded. At least they are making some effort.

Smitten Loverboy

16,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Gendocide
But it just bugs me because the loyalty rewards were actually supposed to be a reward, not a goldsink

Yeah, that bothered me a lot too :l But I mean....if you think about it, the verge users only got the reward of getting to spend even more gc. There is no rewards on gaia.

AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID IT AGAIN.

Smitten Loverboy

16,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Misumena
It'd be hilarious if the winner was crowd filler like someone said in another thread.

I mean damn.

Everything else though is pretty much alright~

.....I would die laughing.

Smitten Loverboy

16,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Beast Henshin
Niccolo Ammaniti
Beast Henshin
Thing is, if we want to get anywhere we need a sink that everyone has to participate in. I would have preferred a tax increase. Not only that, but the same tax added to trades so that Exchangers can't escape it.

This one is a nice idea. It's a throwback to the original Zurg event which makes some of the old farts happy. I'm indifferent until I see what the prizes are.

I've wanted the zurg event to come back for awhile, but taxing people who use those features pretty much isnt everyone. :l Screwing over quite a lot of people isnt a gold sink. They might as well put a 100g cost to post, if you want a goldsink that messes with people. razz

Screwing them over is just a plus. x3 I honestly think that'd be the best route. 2% is nothing. And if there was a tax on posting, 100g wouldn't do much either. X3

If you average 10 posts a day that's only 1,000.

shhhh hypothetically. I suck at examples :c

Smitten Loverboy

16,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Impulsive Button Pusher
Niccolo Ammaniti

As my Gaia friend, you are obliged to link my Gaia Poker idea in your OP. emotion_awesome

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/make-a-gold-sink-that-lasts-gaia-poker/t.88172943/

I would loooove that *^*

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Not interested.
I MAY donate 100k just for the achievement, even hen it would have to be amazing titles.

Perfect Lunatic

Niccolo Ammaniti
Gendocide

Yeah, that bothered me a lot too :l But I mean....if you think about it, the verge users only got the reward of getting to spend even more gc. There is no rewards on gaia.

Everyone should get the reward of feeling their money sucked into a black hole
I feel bad for the people who hoarded so many the first time around because they were told it was a one-time thing

Smitten Loverboy

16,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Gendocide
Niccolo Ammaniti
Gendocide

I feel bad for the people who hoarded so many the first time around because they were told it was a one-time thing

Yeah... And I can't believe they are having another flash sale..... Didn't they have one yesterday?

Unforgiving Gaian

16,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Don't care about it. I'll keep my gold cause I'm not concerned with achievements. I'll buy the items off the market or exchange and fat chance at me donating for a "chance" of anything.

Perfect Lunatic

Niccolo Ammaniti
Gendocide
Niccolo Ammaniti
Gendocide

Yeah... And I can't believe they are having another flash sale..... Didn't they have one yesterday?
My guess is it's their goal to have a "flash sale" going on at all times
The past few weekends have had "weekend special" sales
The CEO's focus is to make money, it really is that based on his former work and what he's going at Gaia.

Questionable Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Full closet 200
The biggest thing that I see is people saying that the sink won't work. And I'm gonna be honest:
It probably will

People will pay 10K for a grant item, and there are lots of people who will if they like it. The way for Gaia to do this correctly would be making the item sought after, really nice pixelation, and colors that can work with any outfit, or a choice of colors in the item (Like the school pride scarves). People will hoard it, and it will be in high demand so a lot of people who see the opportunity to sell for profit will spend 10K for the item to sell it for 12 or 15K. If at least 1 in 5 people do this on Gaia, there will be a massive amount of gold taken out of the system.

Glitch

At least they're trying to do something. It shows that they're at least trying to help the economy a bit rather than just watching it go to hell as it has been. :/
Though chances are it wont work very well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff