Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Lady Cres
What I'm seeing coming out of this is something like this:

Gaia releases massive goldsink
Yay event to make everybody happy
Delfation deflation deflation
... flynn's booty/chest comes back from the dead for black friday.
Inflation inflation inflation
Massive goldsink just in time for christmas

Wash rinse and repeat forever and ever.

goldsinks can be a really great thing, as long as the things that caused it in the first place are put to rest.

This seems quite likely to be where we're heading for Gaia's future. XD
They'll probably continue tweaking different kinds of Gold Granting RIGs
to be released in the future.

I just hope this gold sink is enough to combat their repeated release
of the booty. Because man....the inflation is CRAZY SCARY. : /

Princess Snack

31,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Abomination 100
Niccolo Ammaniti
I've wanted the zurg event to come back for awhile, but taxing people who use those features pretty much isnt everyone. :l Screwing over quite a lot of people isnt a gold sink. They might as well put a 100g cost to post, if you want a goldsink that messes with people. razz
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Hahaha, nooo, that would be awful. Besides, Gaia started as a forum. I don't think they'd want to punish their main user base.

Phantom

It'd be hilarious if the winner was crowd filler like someone said in another thread.

I mean damn.

Everything else though is pretty much alright~

Quotable Lunatic

13,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
Niccolo Ammaniti

Gaia can still ban you and your bought pixels for any reason they want.

Reason why I don't spend money on Gaia. '3'

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Niccolo Ammaniti
Beast Henshin
Thing is, if we want to get anywhere we need a sink that everyone has to participate in. I would have preferred a tax increase. Not only that, but the same tax added to trades so that Exchangers can't escape it.

This one is a nice idea. It's a throwback to the original Zurg event which makes some of the old farts happy. I'm indifferent until I see what the prizes are.

I've wanted the zurg event to come back for awhile, but taxing people who use those features pretty much isnt everyone. :l Screwing over quite a lot of people isnt a gold sink. They might as well put a 100g cost to post, if you want a goldsink that messes with people. razz

Screwing them over is just a plus. x3 I honestly think that'd be the best route. 2% is nothing. And if there was a tax on posting, 100g wouldn't do much either. X3

If you average 10 posts a day that's only 1,000.

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

100k for an achievement? I would do it without a 2nd thought. xD

they are cleaning their own s**t. (halo re release,club verge,and more.)

Wealthy Genius

11,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Overstocked 200
  • Partygoer 500
Niccolo Ammaniti

As my Gaia friend, you are obliged to link my Gaia Poker idea in your OP. emotion_awesome

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/make-a-gold-sink-that-lasts-gaia-poker/t.88172943/

Magical Kitten

Niccolo Ammaniti
Personally, I am going to donate one million gold, not much, but every little bit helps.

It must be my Gaia age showing but I am still genuinely surprised every time someone says that 1mil is not much. neutral

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Unconditional Heart
The only thing I disagree with is the chance raffle to be in event comic. I have seen the future and it don't look pretty.

I agree, I think everyone who donates 100k should get a chance for that instead of the select few multimillionare's (who let's face it win almost every avatar arena etc already) being the only ones allowed to get a shot at it.

It just isn't right.

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
IDGAF about their gold sink plot bs.
I'll just ignore it and continue to make gold.

Perfectionist

23,600 Points
  • Kuro Gang 250
  • Married 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
☠ ☠ "Ring a bell so the serpent hears us, let her know that we're tried and true. ." ☠ ☠

User Image

Y'know. . The more I see people being bitter about this Gold sink, the more I roll my eyes (and I'm pretty sure all this eye rolling is bad for your eyes- but don't quote me on that). It's like. . . People are bitching about inflation, and how ALL of this gold that was just recently pumped into the "Economy" is "devaluing the currency", yet when we get the ******** chance to get rid of all of the excess Gold that's "******** up our Economy" we throw a fit. Look, if you don't want to participate, then DON'T. Personally, I think that Helping another Gaian out in this upcoming event would be a lot more productive than sitting here bitching about the Gold sink when we've been bitching FOR a ******** Gold sink since forever. In a sense we would be doing our part in getting rid of inflation by helping other people out instead of sitting here whining - because it isn't going to do anything.
Let's cut it out and just move on already- Or at least Shut up and put this energy towards something Positive, like helping those who WANT to do this event- Who WANT the 100mil to be in the comic.
It's A LOT less difficult than it sounds, People, but I'm sure you can do it.

☠ ☠ ". .No the beasts, they won't get near us- And we're not scared of You." ☠ ☠

Fashionable Nerd

I Sinistro I
☠ ☠ "Ring a bell so the serpent hears us, let her know that we're tried and true. ." ☠ ☠

User Image

Y'know. . The more I see people being bitter about this Gold sink, the more I roll my eyes (and I'm pretty sure all this eye rolling is bad for your eyes- but don't quote me on that). It's like. . . People are bitching about inflation, and how ALL of this gold that was just recently pumped into the "Economy" is "devaluing the currency", yet when we get the ******** chance to get rid of all of the excess Gold that's "******** up our Economy" we throw a fit. Look, if you don't want to participate, then DON'T. Personally, I think that Helping another Gaian out in this upcoming event would be a lot more productive than sitting here bitching about the Gold sink when we've been bitching FOR a ******** Gold sink since forever. In a sense we would be doing our part in getting rid of inflation by helping other people out instead of sitting here whining - because it isn't going to do anything.
Let's cut it out and just move on already- Or at least Shut up and put this energy towards something Positive, like helping those who WANT to do this event- Who WANT the 100mil to be in the comic.
It's A LOT less difficult than it sounds, People, but I'm sure you can do it.

☠ ☠ ". .No the beasts, they won't get near us- And we're not scared of You." ☠ ☠

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
♥ ♥
But this is Gaia. And the internet in general. People b***h about
one thing and then when something new happens people b***h about
that too. Nobody will ever be 100% happy because that is not the
internet way. Ever. Or human way, ever. xd

I think this is as good a gold sink as any. With this happening and
the new Loyal shop set to be made soon.. I think it's all a good
thing. Will I use my gold for any of it? That's yet to be determined.

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Saying that Gaia could do something worse doesn't really make this event any better.

That said, I'm fine with this event. The 10k item will probably be quickly devalued, the 100k achievement is something a ton of people will likely pick up. 1m for supporting something - likely which side you choose - I'm not sure if I'm going to do that, or just save the gold.

10m and 100m for a chance at something is both far too expensive and far too unlikely for me to bother with. I'm fine with others tossing their gold at it, though! biggrin

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

Niccolo Ammaniti
I just wanted to point out the fact that they could have raised the MP tax which would have affected us all. They would have re-released items for gold, which would affect plenty of us. Instead they release some weird recolors that people still like
that's great, why should it only affect mainly gold spending users?
let it affect everyone
and these ideas are great also, they're already rereleaseing items for money why not gold?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff