Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spoopy Specter

I just wanted to point out the fact that they could have raised the MP tax which would have affected us all. They would have re-released items for gold, which would affect plenty of us. Instead they release some weird recolors that people still like, and this whatever donation goldsink is.... It negatively affects no one. You are not forced to donate. It basically is gaia asking for help on fixing their mistake. No matter the levels of derp this manages to reach, it still will help and no one will be at a loss without really wanting to help out. Personally, I am going to donate one million gold, not much, but every little bit helps.

Also, slightly off the topic:
In regards to the recent gcash whoring though, I wanted to point out that the reason they keep doing it is because it is super profitable for them. Yeah, a majority of people are complaining about how they dislike the manner Gaia is acting now (the whole gcash orientation thing), but you still go and buy that new item they released for gcash. As long as people are still purchasing the items, they will not change. Just thought you would like that tad-bit.

PS: To those who buy gcash and are unaware. Gaia can still ban you and your bought pixels for any reason they want. Purchasing gcash will not lessen your chance of getting banned. You do not own those pixels. Everytime you get gcash, it is legally considered a donation. Only brought this up because I have come across a few people who were genuinely surprised that they didn't get ownership over the pixels.

Discussion topics:
What are your feelings on this new goldsink?
Can you propose a better or different goldsink?

Healing Hero

I don't think people are opposing it so much as they're just saying it won't work. And it won't.

Either way, I'm sure the mini-event and event will be better this year than it has been.

Distinct Member

The only thing I disagree with is the chance raffle to be in event comic. I have seen the future and it don't look pretty.

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Thing is, if we want to get anywhere we need a sink that everyone has to participate in. I would have preferred a tax increase. Not only that, but the same tax added to trades so that Exchangers can't escape it.

This one is a nice idea. It's a throwback to the original Zurg event which makes some of the old farts happy. I'm indifferent until I see what the prizes are.

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

goldsink are always good... sad is the flynn's madness won't end w/this xD oh well... u.u

I want more weirdo MC recolors!!! <3

Spoopy Specter

Beast Henshin
Thing is, if we want to get anywhere we need a sink that everyone has to participate in. I would have preferred a tax increase. Not only that, but the same tax added to trades so that Exchangers can't escape it.

This one is a nice idea. It's a throwback to the original Zurg event which makes some of the old farts happy. I'm indifferent until I see what the prizes are.

I've wanted the zurg event to come back for awhile, but taxing people who use those features pretty much isnt everyone. :l Screwing over quite a lot of people isnt a gold sink. They might as well put a 100g cost to post, if you want a goldsink that messes with people. razz

Spoopy Specter

Yuzi_K
I don't think people are opposing it so much as they're just saying it won't work. And it won't.

Either way, I'm sure the mini-event and event will be better this year than it has been.

Every little bit will help. You can't fix the inflation in just one little goldsink. Patience is something that we will need to have with this smile And popcorn if this all goes south. cool

Spoopy Specter

Unconditional Heart
The only thing I disagree with is the chance raffle to be in event comic. I have seen the future and it don't look pretty.

Yeah, that is a new level of derp. People still will do it though.

Wealthy Genius

6,650 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Profitable 100
I actually share the exact same idea that you have. It is completely optional for the people to buy or not to buy GCash and invest it on whatever they want in the site or not. Same with their gold. I am not some sort of brilliant intelligence in economy, but still, it is virtual currency.
Also, I am quite surprised with your offtopic: pople donate to Gaia because they want to, and still get nothing out of it?. I mean, I am not asking for a reward after giving selflessly (if that is how it is supposed to be seen, the action of buying GCash), but at least some ownership over what I have got...

Anyways, a ban is a ban, and from my point of view it is more of a behavioral matter than anything else, but maybe I am getting it wrong in this case...

Distinct Member

Niccolo Ammaniti
Unconditional Heart

Yeah, that is a new level of derp. People still will do it though.

We'll yeah, anyone would be star struck to be in one.
I can't lie, I did harbor a want to be in it in the past, but not anymore. This site is huge now, so it's going to be a lot more difficult.

I just cannot believe they are doing that.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

I'm actually pretty happy about this gold sink. * w *
It's less of a general punishment to all the users that
an increase in MP tax would feel.

This operates as a pretty good gold sink as it's entirely voluntary
in nature as you have to opt to donate the gold for the achievement
and no one is forcing you. We also gets items as well as a chance
to be in a raffle.

Mind you, I doubt I can even think of reaching the 10m and
100m ones because I am never that rich but I know a lot
of those who bought Flynn's Chest/Booty repeatedly
probably have a lot of gold hanging around.

So yeah. I'm just looking forward to the titles and items this
mini-event will bring about. O v Ob

aka_betajoe's Princess

Lucky Wench

19,975 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
If they raised the MP tax I'm pretty sure people would've just moved to the exchange.
But I'm pretty siked about the gold sink and the recolors. I'll certainly be giving in a lot of my excess gold.

headsprout's Wife

Crumbly Bum

I'll spend enough to get the achievement but it's my opinion that those 10 and 100 million gold prizes (especially since nothing is even guaranteed) are lame-o.

They should have stuck in a chance to win some better RL merch somewhere in there. Like the discontinued hats or Coco & Kiki plushies, etc.

Charitable Treater

10,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
I've always wondered about that whole buying Gcash items and then getting banned.
Now with the MC's it is explicitly stated that you are "donating" to Gaia.

But is there a little pop up box that shows every time you purchase G cash that its considered a donation?
Because if you do pay for them, they should belong to you.

Bloblike Cutie-Pie

What I'm seeing coming out of this is something like this:

Gaia releases massive goldsink
Yay event to make everybody happy
Delfation deflation deflation
... flynn's booty/chest comes back from the dead for black friday.
Inflation inflation inflation
Massive goldsink just in time for christmas

Wash rinse and repeat forever and ever.

goldsinks can be a really great thing, as long as the things that caused it in the first place are put to rest.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff