Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
These companions they're asking two bucks for look like the kind of things we usually get by watching a video ad for free >.>

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
raspberry gateaux
iTsunayoshi Sawada
We had anime sponsors in the past. They were free, and the items were handed out through an announcement. Some of them even involved going to certain places on the site or participating in games or hunts. The best part about it all was that they were open to everyone. I still think that was a better method than having a shop that only one group of people can access.

For real, someone should have put more thought into it. :c

Y'know what, I totally misspoke there. Mecha Neko isn't for sponsorships, it's for licensed goods. DERP. I'm sorry. Idk how I managed to confuse the two.

I would definitely rather have the free sponsorship stuff than the licensed goods too. DX
I kind of view it as the same time, for whatever reasons. But I'm glad you miss the sponsorship stuff too. Sure, the items maybe weren't that great, but they were still more enjoyable than this cash exclusive bullshit.

And I swear, FUNi's stuff gets shipped to Canada too. I own several of their releases in boxed set format. And even though I'm Canadian I can still watch their titles on their site, and on their Youtube channel. If they're only licensed for US distribution, shouldn't they also ban people outside of the US watching anime from their site and channel? I'm really disappointed in them for what they're doing with these item releases and it kind of pushes me away from their company and products. :c I probably sound butt hurt but eh, my two cents. *tosses two pennies down a drain*

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Nathan gurrrrrl you lookin so fly.

Rainbow Noob

iTsunayoshi Sawada
I kind of view it as the same time, for whatever reasons. But I'm glad you miss the sponsorship stuff too. Sure, the items maybe weren't that great, but they were still more enjoyable than this cash exclusive bullshit.

And I swear, FUNi's stuff gets shipped to Canada too. I own several of their releases in boxed set format. And even though I'm Canadian I can still watch their titles on their site, and on their Youtube channel. If they're only licensed for US distribution, shouldn't they also ban people outside of the US watching anime from their site and channel? I'm really disappointed in them for what they're doing with these item releases and it kind of pushes me away from their company and products. :c I probably sound butt hurt but eh, my two cents. *tosses two pennies down a drain*

Well it's like... if it were a sponsorship, Funi would pay Gaia to produce items, which they'd then give out for free as advertisement. Whereas with a licensing partnership, Gaia would pay Funi for the rights to slap the characters on stuff and then sell it to us. I think? Don't quote me on it. XD People have been throwing the word "sponsorship" around so much I'm not even sure what this T&B thing is anymore. I just know it doesn't appear to be very successful. D:

Yeah, I've heard people say things like that concerning Canada before. I completely understand why it'd put you off from their stuff, so it does suck that they chose to limit it. :c
I have zero interest in these items.

Eloquent Explorer

Never heard of the show, but I've seen art of the dude in green and black in people's signatures.
I was kinda hoping to at least get extra poses in the dolls, but as is, I won't be using any of the new items.

Merry Bunny

16,600 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Shintouyu
All Dolls and Companions? What a miss opportunity.

It's because the company that makes Tiger and Bunny would only let them make dolls and companions. They are really funny like that. If Japan says we can only have dolls and companions, and that they can't show up when our avatars are facing a certain way, then Gaia has to agree, or Gaia can't make any items for this show.

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

Disappointed with these.

Lonely Shapeshifter

raspberry gateaux
Just dolls and companions?

:T

pass.

Not my thing either... neutral

Bashful Cultist

hiigggghhhhhhlllyyy disappointed.
atleast the fma had items for the characters not just dolls and companions.
crying

Lonely Nerd

10,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
sometimesalways
If you're a fan of the show it's probably great.

I dunno, the companions don't do much for me. Would have been nice to have some actual clothing or items. Doesn't look like the dolls have any extra poses either. Bit disappointing.
Not really. As a MAJOR fan of the series, it's a letdown more than anything. 70 dollars if you're lucky for all the items. Items that do nothing but stand around your avatar :<

fxxkin demon

mattmagician
sometimesalways
If you're a fan of the show it's probably great.

I dunno, the companions don't do much for me. Would have been nice to have some actual clothing or items. Doesn't look like the dolls have any extra poses either. Bit disappointing.
Not really. As a MAJOR fan of the series, it's a letdown more than anything. 70 dollars if you're lucky for all the items. Items that do nothing but stand around your avatar :<

Yeah, such a letdown. Unfortunately, from what I've read in Site Feedback Funimation or who ever is the license holder decided that this was the way to go with Tiger & Bunny items on Gaia. I think they would have sold much more if they actually included items. I really hope this doesn't end the partnership.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
raspberry gateaux
iTsunayoshi Sawada

Well it's like... if it were a sponsorship, Funi would pay Gaia to produce items, which they'd then give out for free as advertisement. Whereas with a licensing partnership, Gaia would pay Funi for the rights to slap the characters on stuff and then sell it to us. I think? Don't quote me on it. XD People have been throwing the word "sponsorship" around so much I'm not even sure what this T&B thing is anymore. I just know it doesn't appear to be very successful. D:

Yeah, I've heard people say things like that concerning Canada before. I completely understand why it'd put you off from their stuff, so it does suck that they chose to limit it. :c

If Gaia is paying for the privilege to make items hardly anyone wants they're even worse at business than I ever suspected.

Firebreathing Kitten

11,675 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tipsy 100
being a citizen of Australia I don't get to partake in the CI fun.
mad

Enduring Phantom

I've never heard of this show and I don't like dolls/companions.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff