Welcome to Gaia! ::

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Noticed a little red bubble beside the Gaia Blog tab, and found out that it seems they're gonna launch a rewards program based on spending GC.
The post about it can be found here.
Announcement
And the image alone showing what you get for spending so much.
User Image

How Tiers Work:
Spend GC! During the period of time that the rewards are offered, you will receive a reward after the time period is over depending on how much you've spent. Tiers stack, so say if there was a reward for spending 2500GC and you wanted it, so you bought that much GC and spent it all. At the end of the offer period you would receive the reward for that tier and any and all under it.
~~~

Enigma Institute Tiers: Sep 12- Sep 14
Item List
*=Exclusive Introduced through Tiers

User Image
Enigma Institute

1000GC Tier
User Image
Enigma Institute: Cheat Sheat

2000GC Tier
User Image
*Super September Bike Excursion Bundle*
3500GC Tier

User ImageUser Image
*Mysterious Institute School uniform & Unlucky One*
6000GC Tier

User ImageUser Image
*Enigmatic Student F & Secret Character A*
11000GC Tier

User ImageUser Image
*Protagonist's Decision & Tan Marionette Restrung*
16000GC Tier

Thoughts?

Personally I feel that this has a better chance of working better than what was supposed to be a spending perk, the travesty that was Club Verge. But I can't help but feel that those who still don't or can't spend might be missing out, especially if the rewards are good. This could go either one of two ways: It could attract more people to spend if the rewards are good, or, those who would spend to get stuff would be turned away by sucky rewards.

It's all about getting stuff, after all~!

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
it's a nice perk, but the numbers bother me as almost everything ends in a 99.

so for the 1500 tier, instead of say, buying one ten pack of the radiant horizon, you'd have to buy that and something else to qualify for that tier.

Greedy Drake

Its totally weird because I posted not even a week ago that I used to overspend on Neopets when they did this kind of stuff at xmas time. I wonder if they saw that post and said wow tiered rewards is a pretty good idea! I mean its good for them because say you want something thats 10$ thats all your going to spend, but hey you get a super bonus at 15 just 5$ more and so you keep buying. If they DO do like neopets and make something unique for the higher tiers I can see how that might piss people off. I'm ok for it now, I spend less online anymore. Ill be sad if theres like awesome things for spending 500$ like neo tho.

Eternal Hellraiser

Announcement with tiers
      User Image

I'm not sure the rewards are all that great for spending $120.. for max tier
      But at the same time it is additional to what you actually get with all that money.. >>

dat cash grab tho.

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
also you might want to link to the announcement as unfortunately the blog post doesn't list the tiers emotion_8c

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Elinoi
      Announcement with tiers
      User Image

I'm not sure the rewards are all that great for spending $120.. for max tier
      But at the same time it is additional to what you actually get with all that money.. >>

dat cash grab tho.

Will add to the OP.

Bleh. I mean I guess the one for $120 is...okay?
But the way up is just blah.

Perfect Saint

I have terrible timing. I did my big spending just hours before the eligible period of the promo. stressed

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

Only thing I'm interested in is the 25 AC pack, but if I wanted that I'd probably just buy it directly.....

Gaia should give these rewards more often, or put it as something standard that comes with all the purchases o Ao

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

This is one of those "drat, why did I spend earlier in the day/yesterday? I should have waited" moments. xD

I still kind of hope I don't spend that much in a couple of day's time, even if I like the idea of a reward system.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Hmm... I feel like it's asking way too much spending within a really short time period. There's not that much new stuff which is likely to be added during that time too; if it were say, the summer sale or the black friday one, maybe I could understand the really short delay. But with a randomly chosen weekend? Not sure...

Also... why do they always chose to start those things with spending GC at such a weird time in the month?! Like... right after I spend the GC I had for an item released early in the month... it's like they know, ah ah.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
I suggested they let people pick from certain rewards for spending certain amounts. I was thinking they'd get an item like the Monthly Letter when they spent certain amounts, then they could open the item and pick the specific item they would get as a reward.

This system gives some users less rewards.

Demonic Lover

I like it C: actual reward not just "here, take this tiny crown and now you can buy our SUPER EXPENSIVE notthatdifferentfromwhatwesellinthemainCS stock!" XD;;; sorry I wasn't a fan of Club Verge... I hope they rotate the rewards C: stuff like Crystal Boxes stopped working because no one wants the cheap stuff in them.

Filipino Marshmallow

53,500 Points
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • ⋆⋆⋆ Proud to be Pinoy! ⋆⋆⋆ 500
  • Gaia Artist Alley Box Achievement 500
[Animal] Pitiful Tearful. <3 But damn! There's also Orinkage. <3 crying

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

I bought enough to get to the second tier. Might buy more, not sure.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

Sarcastic Bibliophile

31,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Myrielle
I have terrible timing. I did my big spending just hours before the eligible period of the promo. stressed

User Image

I'm having the same dilemma. I was in buying about 20mins before the announcement came out. Now I'm sitting here wondering if they're gonna count my stuff I bought or not......

Personally I think it should be from midnight to midnight for the time period. That makes more sense to me then some random hour during the day. That way everyone has a chance to qualify, and then people (like me) who did go in and buy but before the announcement.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces