Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Ridley Starsmore
Give up?

I don't give up. That simple. talk2hand

I've had two quest threads, fully completed the first one, and a third of the way done on this one.

I don't give up, so I don't think about it.

Well of course you don't quit, you're Ridley. XD

Hopeful Girl

One time I sold almost my entire inventory to get a Pale Marionette. Then my friends started spamming up in my comments how lucky I was or how jealous they were. I sold it. I have quested before, I am working on 2 quests atm, but, I want several items I sold a while back: Kanoko's doll, Rina's doll, Rainy Day, Princess Chimes, Shibuya & Shinjuku Nobodies, Ancient Katana....-sigh- crying

Decorated Nerd

I made a quest to get all the background items, but realized that while I really like most of them, I don't like them all and it would be a waste of funds trying to get them all when I don't think I'll use every single one. I'm still going for the ones I like, but pretty casually whenever I have enough gold.

Angelic Nitemare

VKiera
Ridley Starsmore
Give up?

I don't give up. That simple. talk2hand

I've had two quest threads, fully completed the first one, and a third of the way done on this one.

I don't give up, so I don't think about it.

Well of course you don't quit, you're Ridley. XD

Indeed, so my advice is take two levels in baddass.-lol-

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════════
            Guh, I hate questing sooooo much. >.<
            The process is not fun at all.
            I'm practically ready to ditch my current quest now
            due to it being an item that is sorta out of my reach.
            I've never had tons of gold, probably a little over 2m
            at one point, but I just got lucky in a forum game and
            won with my teammate, splitting it 3 ways with a person
            we bribed to keep silent in the end of the game (bribes were allowed).
            Guh, but I haven't been able to find a game I can earn gold
            from and I don't play BG or zOMG!, and I can't part with many
            of my items, making it impossible to get anywhere.
            I guess I should try and find another forum game...

Codebreaking Shapeshifter

I gave up on my quests of ever obtaining The Manslayer Duke of Lalune and The Cherubic Queen of Solair. They both cost so much and it would take me a lot to get them both. So, I turned to quest lovely lucie, but it's rising up a little more. I might also give up the quest for lovely lucie, since a friend lets me borrow hers. After I gave up The Manslayer Duke of Lalune and The Cherubic Queen of Solair, I went on a shopping spree for cheap items. Didn't have a lot of gold, just like 3 mill or something for both quests. I should have saved it for lovely lucie. Aahaha. What an idiot I am. xD

Destruction

I've given up questing when the item value was too unstable. I don't mind questing for months, even years as long as the goal is obtainable. Problem is, stuff like 03 items are unpredictable so by the time I have enough, it's worth double/triple what it initially was =/

Naughty Moonwalker

I'm about to give up my Pink Marionette quest. I can't play any of the games b/c they will just not load for me.
I never have a lot of money without selling my items and I don't want to do that anymore. I like my items.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

VKiera
Alucio
If I have a strong enough urge to get an item/avatar on Gaia, I will get it. Even if I have to sell a large amount of things to get what I want. I was questing a Fallen Star doll as well, ended up selling a few things I will miss, yes, but almost never use anymore. Honestly, it's worth it because there's no other way I'd be able to substitute the hair in one of my avatars I'm working on. I'm just glad it only took me about a day and a half to get it > 3<;;

There are a lot of things though, that I have given up on. Normally I give up on an expensive avatar or item I make when I either simply can't finish a look or just can't convince myself that I want it enough. A big example is the Caretaker Tia doll. I am absolutely in love with those wings, and even bought two of her other item for the horns and tail. I've tried and tried and can't complete an avatar that suits my tastes enough to actually convince me to buy it, so I gave up on it. Same thing happened with me and the Pale Marionette.

I can honestly say though, when questing for an item as expensive as the FS, NEVER pay MP price. You can almost always find someone somewhere willing to sell it for cheaper and quicker cash, it just takes some searching.

I'm super jelly that you got yours XD, but yes I had looked around in the exchange and the lowest I saw it going for was 11mill, I hate the exchange, place scares me to death. >.>

I got mine for about 11.8mil, which was 600k less than the MP price. I was willing to pay that much, because I knew if I payed any higher I would severely screw myself over when I went and bought the rest of the things I needed to complete this avatar.

Yeah I hate the Exchange, I like going their to buy things, but I hate vendors. They can suck my butt = 3=
I was selling an Oisin's Blessing there, someone offered 6.6mil, I asked if he could do 6.8, and he said he'd go 6.7 Figuring it wasn't much off, I asked 6.75 and he said that "it's too close to the MP Price so I won't buy it."
i think the wendy eyes look beautiful on your avatar. o 3o
i personally like the green eyes more, but what i like about that shade of green is that it sorta looks a little blueish to me too. xD

a little more on topic, i don´t usually "give up" on quests.
if something inflates at a rate i can´t keep up with, i usually put it aside to quest for something else - but i never give up on it.
usually i´ll wait for it to drop some, even if it takes foreverrrr. oAo

LiBu's Wife

Festive Fairy

Like everyone else, I typically give in when the price of the item that I'm waiting on jumps. And it keeps on jumping. I was questing a Nitemare Scarf off and on for years just because the price kept going up, and then I'd give up after a while and buy something else. (Usually a lot of something else.) Of course, now it's dropped significantly (8M or so) from when I bought it. Or it had the last time that I looked.

La Bella Figura, too. I've been half-assedly questing this since it came out. When it went down to like 933K or so, I thought, "Ah-ha! I'll wait until 900K, maybe 875K...." and then it shot back up. So now we're circling each other, waiting to see what the other one is going to do. I can't justify to myself spending well over 1M gold on a pair of
pants. I like some of the other poses, but it's mostly the pants.

So this is typically how it goes: It shoots up and I have to say, "Do I really want it that much?
Really?" And sometimes I'll realize while I'm waiting for it to go back down that I don't like it that much, anyway. It looked pretty when it was shiny and new, and I kept holding onto that shininewness, never really noticing that it just wasn't that great/useful/whatever.

Slightly off-topic: Wendy eyes are
pretty, and work with your avatar, so call it a win-win.

Mega Noob

I've never quested for something that took more than two weeks. Even when I went for my a.minis...It was two weeks, exactly. I just...sold some stuff and I was good.

So I don't really give up on quests. I either forget I am questing something...or I just buy the item? gonk
DC-Chan
I've never quested for something that took more than two weeks. Even when I went for my a.minis...It was two weeks, exactly. I just...sold some stuff and I was good.

So I don't really give up on quests. I either forget I am questing something...or I just buy the item? gonk

You can just pay for everything in noob winks, DC. You don't even count.

Mega Noob

nubhorns
DC-Chan

You can just pay for everything in noob winks, DC. You don't even count.

N00B WINKS ARE NOT A FORM OF CURRENCY.

It's like trying to pay for a couch using left-shoes, peanut butter sandwiches or something of that sort. It doesn't even make sense. mad

If I can't get it on the marketplace, I give up. sweatdrop I have like no patience for questing.

Although, there have been a few instances where I wanted the item so much I was forced to take to the exchange...oddly enough, the wendy eyes ended up being one of those items.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff