Total Votes:[ 54 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Lonely Athlete

21,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Hello there!

Imagine, those designs in the GD and the topic saying something like "OMG A p***s THING LICKING ITSELF [picdrop] #yolowag420blazeit" I'm not sure if Gaia would accept the hashtag or the pound sign or whatever you call it. I bet you that a lot of butthurt old farts in the GD would light their torches at that hashtag.

I'm OK with the concept of the post promotion. But I betcha that you all would complain about it. I have high hopes, I hope that all of them would be of good use in the right hands and the most promising discussion. But I'm thinking that it would get ridiculous in a few months. Personally I think that they need more designs, then I would start using it.

Spoons:
Are you going to use it sometime soon?
What is one ridiculous/funny topic title one could come up with if their post was "promoted"?
Do you think there should be more designs? Especially regarding some topic titles?
Are you anxious to see the GCD being flooded with these types of promoted posts?
have a nice day

Receiver

User Image
I just adblocked the color. most annoying feature ever

Saint

SF and GCD will complain about everything for any reason, guaranteed.
I'm not sure about its effects in the Chatterbox and GD, but frankly I don't care for either of those spampits.

If I ever scrounge up enough GC to use the feature (I'm not too big on the sponsered offers yet I don't/can't buy GC cards too often anymore), I might try it out.

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

I won't be using it, because I personally find it to be ugly and a bit obnoxious.
To be honest, I'll probably end up skipping over any and all threads that use it.

Ice-Cold Victory

Actually, I expect site features to be spammed when they are new. So far, there's been a small handful of PMP'd threads in the GD and CB, but nowhere near as flooded as I feared, so maybe the idea hasn't taken off like it was supposed to. With the slow start, I guess I'm not that worried about seeing the feature overused in any of the forums that I frequent.

Definitely hope to see some more designs, though 3nodding

Mysterious Trickster

Pnyuu
User Image

I knew this was going to happen. How did you do it? I've been trying to figure it out, myself.

Receiver

Kain-Senpai
Pnyuu
User Image

I knew this was going to happen. How did you do it? I've been trying to figure it out, myself.
User Image

right click the color and add to block.

Lunatic

I don't plan on using it and I'm sure that some people will abuse it for stupid purposes.

Good thing I don't post in GD. lol

clarion's King

Super Model

If people are silly enough to pay $1 for it, let them.

I just hope it doesn't become a habit to pay cash for forum features.
I think this is only a short-term money grabber for Gaia that doesn't majorly contribute to their profit stream. The hype is going to die down quickly or very soon.

Though, come to think of it, I can imagine this being used more widely in the avatar arena, art forums, Gaia Exchange and Barton Town. People who actually want to sell stuff would love the attention they could get from promoted posts. As for Barton Town, well, let's just say that a lot of roleplays die really quickly, and it would be great to be able to fill it up with these promoted posts, especially if the RP admin isn't on during peak times.

Collector Cutie-Pie

My first thought was, are they really going to be that money hungry, because now the site will be filled with promoted posts about all kinds of rude words and topics I don't want to see, and I was right, literally the first promoted topic I saw was about having diarrhoea... my case in point as to why this is a silly feature that will only really be abused more than used razz

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Right now I don't care and I don't mind. It's just a bit of color. It's not going to cause me a seizure or ruin my day or somehow cause me to end up at the receiving end of the choke hold of a rampaging serial killer.

#firstworldproblems

Being anxious about a colorful bar is a bit ridiculous lol!

If they keep it I'd like to see more designs. Maybe we can get a rainbow thing going. biggrin

kiki kitties....gino x meili banners.....rock puppy banner....Gaia Wing....there are some darn cute designs gaia could pick from. maybe gaia could make them limited time or cycle the designs from time to time.

i would pay cash just to make a gino x meili banner thread...in the test forum...just so i could have one biggrin

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" Target acquired. "

»»» Are these new "Promote My Post" banners targetable by adblock? I hate them. gonk

" Shutting down. "

Invisible Player

I don't see the problem. What is wrong with this? I bet after a few days or weeks you wont even notice.

Are people just complaining to complain?

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
A Redhead Angel
I don't see the problem. What is wrong with this? I bet after a few days or weeks you wont even notice.

Are people just complaining to complain?

It cuts off the flow of reading to me. It's like trying to read a simple poster next to a neon sign.
a bit distracting. Flow of reading is a very important thing. You see people talk about things like "Wall of Text" Because a wall of text without any breaks is hard to read.

So I don't think this is the type of things that you can get used to. You could learn to tolerate it though.
Though I just ad-blocked it, those guys wasted a dollar. They could have bought an ice cream.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff