Welcome to Gaia! ::

Has anyone responded to your post on a TOPIC in ED.

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on May 10, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.

I wasn't compltely sure where to post this but since it's about extended discussion I ratioalized with myself that it goes here, because what good does it do me to post about ED in the chatter box. Well here it goes.

Maybe some of you have noticed something wrong with ED. Mainly to my disappointment there is no discussion going on in ED. From what I see, someone will just read the first post...(if they read it at all) and proceed to state whatever view they have on it. That in itself isn't wrong but what follows is where the problem starts. Every subsequent post is the same as the first, with the exception of someone ocassionally reading some of the other posts and commenting based on that.

It goes something like this.

Mainposter: I want to know what the big deal is with abortion. I think the woman should be able to choose.

PosterA: I think its wrong.
PosterB: I agree with Him/her.
PosterC: I think it's really bad.
PosterX: I agree with the first post because (states why based on their views)
PosterD: I think its wrong.
PosterY: :quotes posterX: Thats terrible. You should burn.
PosterZ: I agree with PosterY.
PosterE: I think it's wrong.
PosterX: Why should I burn for what I think?
PosterF: I think it's evil.
PosterG: I want 10 kids.

I could get into it further but if you just look through some of the posts as you may have already done you notice the repetitiveness of the people that post in ED. My example, as with alot of the posts in ED either look like one sided arguments; or random posts with no corrolation to very few of the other posts in the topic.

Im not saying that you should read every post on every page until you answer, but at least read the first few posts and the last few so you have an idea of whats going on. Then ED could be more discussion and less babble.

One last thing. I suppose that it doesnt really help that after a person interjects their view on the subject. that they never come back. Once again the discussion is tossed out the window, because noone seems to be talking with each other (sometimes known as "discussion" wink If your going to post and never come back you may as well just say it in the chatter box.
I've noticed that too. But hey, I always answer to people and reply to posts... because... it is Extended DISCUSSION. It's a place for DEBATE...

But this is EDAED... It doesn't really belong here... the question does remain "Then where does it go?" But I don't know the answer to that question... only thing is it doesn't go here.
Well the post seems to have found where it belongs, although now I think it's going to die here as well. I suppose my logic is a bit off but I was thinking "where best to post about ED than ED" Ah well. I have some other ideas I want to try out on ED as soon as I get the wording down. 3nodding

Ah well at least the poll will be active for a bit. People like polls. They yeild gold after all.
EDIT >> I am officially blind. biggrin ;; *unedits*

*doesn't go into ED, but sees this a lot in other forums* ninja

It happens in almost every one of these Discussion forums. Especially in GD and here in GCD too. Well, at least the discussion bit. There'll always be those few that like to start threads, and let people post whatever they will. A lot of them have potential and could be great discussions, but it also depends on the creator of the thread and how much they're devoted to the subject, and help spark discussion. Controversial subjects usually spark a lot of discussion, though a lot of hate too. x__x;

Many people feel like if they toss in an idea, they're through. After a thread reaches a certain number of pages, a lot of people don't bother reading through and just repeat points as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff