Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Am I the only one who's reminded of the Engraved Jewelry by these custom dolls?
Anyone successfully order one yet?

I personally love the idea of having these SD Plus Dolls. I feel like they could be a great goldsink for Gaia. 3nodding

Feral Hunter

12,800 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I dont think they'll be a goldsink really. I mean yes each one is gonna be a one of a kind item, but to anyone but the actual user or whoever they give it too it doesn't have much value. I don't see sdplus x0xNekuKawaiiSwagDesux0x being worth billions in a couple years cause frankly no one is gonna care who they are even though its a one of a kind

Aizen Kami's Waifu

Princess Healer

50,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I myself have wondered if anybody has bought a doll yet. I also wonder if there is a high chance that people who bought dolls will quickly list their dolls on the mp so everyone can see them. wink

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Rhino Beetle
I dont think they'll be a goldsink really. I mean yes each one is gonna be a one of a kind item, but to anyone but the actual user or whoever they give it too it doesn't have much value. I don't see sdplus x0xNekuKawaiiSwagDesux0x being worth billions in a couple years cause frankly no one is gonna care who they are even though its a one of a kind

I think of goldsinks in a weird way, actually haha. A lot of users with LOTS of gold are banned, with good reason too. People who buy gold, for example, mix their botted/bought gold with legitimate gold. Let's say one of these people decides to sell one of these custom SD Plus Dolls for ~50m (current asking price). That 50m is immediately tainted, the user is banned, and there you go... 50m of Gaia Gold down the drain. Bans are also gold sinks.

Fashionable Gaian

I though it has to be bought from the shop to be a gold sink, isn't the doll cash?

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Flarie Hanami
I myself have wondered if anybody has bought a doll yet. I also wonder if there is a high chance that people who bought dolls will quickly list their dolls on the mp so everyone can see them. wink

I just hope the system's never flooded with random items like xOXoSexi_Babe4evrxOxO SD Plus Doll. Haha

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Piggyback-Chan
I though it has to be bought from the shop to be a gold sink, isn't the doll cash?

No, you're correct. I explained why I think it's a goldsink earlier.

Feral Hunter

12,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
0c o
Rhino Beetle

I think of goldsinks in a weird way, actually haha. A lot of users with LOTS of gold are banned, with good reason too. People who buy gold, for example, mix their botted/bought gold with legitimate gold. Let's say one of these people decides to sell one of these custom SD Plus Dolls for ~50m (current asking price). That 50m is immediately tainted, the user is banned, and there you go... 50m of Gaia Gold down the drain. Bans are also gold sinks.

thats assuming the users buying gold. im pretty sure if they're dropping the RL dollars to be in Verge and to buy the doll that they won't be buying gold

Fashionable Gaian

0c o
Piggyback-Chan

No, you're correct. I explained why I think it's a goldsink earlier.

Oh sorry, I tend it skim read because I'm lazy (yes I'm bad lol )

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Rhino Beetle
0c o
Rhino Beetle

thats assuming the users buying gold. im pretty sure if they're dropping the RL dollars to be in Verge and to buy the doll that they won't be buying gold

Have you seen the offsite gold prices? Of course, there will always be users who buy gold illegitimately. Those users won't be buying the SD Plus dolls from Club Verge. :p

Witty Shapeshifter

14,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Threadmaster 200

The only reason I'd want one would be to create a mini Reokoe for my SDPlus Ebenezer... emotion_kirakira

User Image

Feral Hunter

12,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
0c o
Rhino Beetle
0c o
Rhino Beetle

Have you seen the offsite gold prices? Of course, there will always be users who buy gold illegitimately. Those users won't be buying the SD Plus dolls from Club Verge. :p

No I haven't actually, not my cup of tea

still wouldn't be smart to buy it if they have to contact the staff directly to get their doll made

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
…Are another broken promise just so Gaia can fill its pockets.
And I honestly can't see anyone, other than the person buying the doll with their $500 IRL cash, being interested in it. I don't think these will be hot sellers to anyone other than their original owner.

Stellar Succubus

0c o
Rhino Beetle

That's a really interesting concept and could potentially work.

However, once the person is found out, the trade would likely be reversed anyway, right? The doll would be given back to the seller (if they were unaware of the botted gold they may not get banned) so... it's a means to an end, that already has many other means, if you understand what I mean.

They aren't a new goldsink, they add to the sort-of-goldsink that banning illegal gold obtainers is. ^_^

For the dolls to function as a new/extra gold sink, they'd have to be tempting enough for people to bot gold to buy one, who wouldn't have otherwise tried to get gold the wrong way... and then they also have to get found out and banned for it. I think they kind of would do this, really. Huge status item. But those with illegal gold tend to get found out eventually anyway, whether these dolls exist or not.

Still, I like the fact they exist, and agree with the cost. It's a unique item that has to be specially made. $500 seems a reasonable commission price. I just wish the artist that made it would see a good chunk of that cash, but that would not be the case I am certain of it!

Fuui's Kouhai

Obsessed Worshipper

18,000 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Magical Girl 50
"People with a lot of gold get banned"?

never heard about that o_o

But I have mostly met people who actually made all the gold themselves through booty grab or vending in the marketplace. Or being awesome at art.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff