Welcome to Gaia! ::

Explorer

ninja-no-ryu
Am I the only one that thinks these dolls would be soulbound? I have this feeling... It would make sense.

My only question with them is, would gaia be able to keep up with demand should enough people purchase these?
User Image
Somewhere in the FAQ thread there was a quote saying that once someone received their doll, they were free to do with it whatever they want. Trade, sell or give away.User Image

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
There is another, more legitimate, way that the custom SD+ dolls could have a gold-sink factor, if a relatively small one. I would not be at all surprised if some people buy the item that lets you order a doll, and then sell that item in the Marketplace for ridiculously gigantic piles of gold. And there will be people who will buy.

Say hello to the 2% listing fee. Sell the Custom SD+ Maker item on the MP for 500,000,000 = 10,000,000 gold sunk.

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

they don't have a non doll pose right?
not sure why people would buy dolls of other users

Explorer

settlefish
they don't haven a non doll pose right?
User Image
Oh my, wouldn't it be awesome, of they DID have a non-doll pose, though?

All those people with OCs as characters could finally get that one pose / item they were always trying to "cheat" onto their avatar by clever layering or glitching.
User Image

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

Ven Loraine
User Image

All those people with OCs as characters could finally get that one pose / item they were always trying to "cheat" onto their avatar by clever layering or glitching.
User Image
now that you mention it, i can see people ordering those more often if they did allow a custom pose
gaia should get on that idea
don't think anybody has ordered one yet, so they still have time to implement it

but hmmm what if it's a pose everybody wants
would they be added into a rig later on due to popularity?

Explorer

settlefish
now that you mention it, i can see people ordering those more often if they did allow a custom pose
gaia should get on that idea
don't think anybody has ordered one yet, so they still have time to implement it

but hmmm what if it's a pose everybody wants
would they be added into a rig later on due to popularity?
User Image
Now that I think about it, that is probably the reason they DON'T do it.

Because a user could technically reserve some really cool pose forever.
Gaia said they would never distribute more dolls without the user's agreement...
User Image

Man-Lover

Pfft...... I make SDplus dolls in my shop as well. xD

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

Ven Loraine
User Image
Now that I think about it, that is probably the reason they DON'T do it.

Because a user could technically reserve some really cool pose forever.
Gaia said they would never distribute more dolls without the user's agreement...
User Image
yeah that makes sense
they could be a prize in a rig or keep a pose exclusive to them only
i'm sure dropping that much money on an item would make you less likely to share

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Zero Omega
What promise? We never promised that users wouldn't be able to obtain SD+ Dolls of themselves. We only said that we weren't sure how likely it would be. If you have proof that there was a promise of this, I'd certainly love to see it.

Naturally I don't have the link to where it was said. lol This was back when SDPlus dolls first came out, which was eons and eons ago now. And since I wasn't the first one to bring this up publicly in the forums, and the gaia friends I talk to on Skype remember this being said as well, I'm not imagining it or pulling false information out of my a**.

But whatever. *shrugs*

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
iTsunayoshi Sawada
Zero Omega
What promise? We never promised that users wouldn't be able to obtain SD+ Dolls of themselves. We only said that we weren't sure how likely it would be. If you have proof that there was a promise of this, I'd certainly love to see it.

Naturally I don't have the link to where it was said. lol This was back when SDPlus dolls first came out, which was eons and eons ago now. And since I wasn't the first one to bring this up publicly in the forums, and the gaia friends I talk to on Skype remember this being said as well, I'm not imagining it or pulling false information out of my a**.

But whatever. *shrugs*

I just bring it up because it wasn't the first time I heard this claim go around that has, thus far, been unsubstantiated. The last time someone brought it up they went through all the ATAs and found out that they were wrong, that we had never promised such a thing. Suffice to say, it's more than possible that given it was so long ago, the details may not be as clear as they once were. We see a lot of people saying that we promised x, y, or z but can't give us any evidence of where we did prove this so we can either rethink the situation we put ourselves in, or just simply say, "Yeah, we promised it at this point in time when it made sense, times have changed and we can't hold to that promise anymore."

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Zero Omega
iTsunayoshi Sawada
Zero Omega

But whatever. *shrugs*

I just bring it up because it wasn't the first time I heard this claim go around that has, thus far, been unsubstantiated. The last time someone brought it up they went through all the ATAs and found out that they were wrong, that we had never promised such a thing. Suffice to say, it's more than possible that given it was so long ago, the details may not be as clear as they once were. We see a lot of people saying that we promised x, y, or z but can't give us any evidence of where we did prove this so we can either rethink the situation we put ourselves in, or just simply say, "Yeah, we promised it at this point in time when it made sense, times have changed and we can't hold to that promise anymore."

If I had the time and/or patience I'd look for where it was mentioned, even if I had to go years back (which I would). But even so, times might change but there are some things that shouldn't be done. The only thing I see that's changed is that Gaia is either getting purely greedy or is desperate for money to stay afloat. Why else would you put the halo in the cash shop or open that new eyesore of an "exclusive" club? Which is laughable in itself, I might add.

Another thing a lot of people recall is that MCs were NEVER supposed to be released. Has that changed too, now? Or was that also never a true statement to begin with? Honestly, I've been here for nine years and this is the first time I've seen such things. And quite frankly, I'm not pleased with the general direction things are flowing these days. But what does that matter? As long as some users are willing to kiss a**, that's all that matters these days it seems.

Unpopular opinion, of course, but it really feels like you guys just don't care anymore. And quite frankly, it's been fun but this site is no longer enjoyable. And it makes me really sad to admit that, because I've never dreamed of giving up on this site. But, as you said, things change and I don't feel like being here anymore. But I'm also too stubborn to let go, despite the fact that the user base has degraded since the opening of verge. Did you see the way some users were acting because they got in while others didn't? It was really appalling...

And while I do love SDPlus dolls, having your avatar to wear ON your avatar is redundant. Especially for $500 regardless of whether or not it was stated that it wasn't supposed to happen.

IRL Cupcake

22,675 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

i had the time

and i found this post rather illuminating, in which lanzer mentioned SDPlus dolls of users, and promised no such thing.

i also found this post 3-4 months later, in which lanzer also mentioned the dolls, and also promised no such thing. he did have a much different idea of how it might look/work, though.

so i hope that helps. sweatdrop

Destructive Bunny

Platonix
There is another, more legitimate, way that the custom SD+ dolls could have a gold-sink factor, if a relatively small one. I would not be at all surprised if some people buy the item that lets you order a doll, and then sell that item in the Marketplace for ridiculously gigantic piles of gold. And there will be people who will buy.

Say hello to the 2% listing fee. Sell the Custom SD+ Maker item on the MP for 500,000,000 = 10,000,000 gold sunk.
That's one zero too many there wink

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Ven Loraine
settlefish
they don't haven a non doll pose right?
User Image

User Image

I want one to make a classic Incubus Aku doll.

With some sort of wearable, sexy underwear.

Not for that price tho, even if I had it x:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces