Welcome to Gaia! ::

We're aware about the dozens of posts about the happenings that went on today with Gambino, the tower, and the Von Helsons getting crushed. Meh..but..

Okay, so this is what my sister ( Lord_Bob ) and I came up with after looking over images and stuff. It's probably going to end up wrong or not really mattering, but this is what we think. First, the screen shots to help back up our theory.

That Meredith was the sniper. whee

User Image

Body Comparison

First, we'll look at the head of the sniper. Note the hairstyle that Meredith has, and the outlined shadow of the sniper's hood. Similar, no?
User Image

Next, note the poofy arms of Meredith's shirt, the bottom part just above her wrists and the shoulder. Now, look at the shoulder of the sniper and how it poofs out just a bit. And take another look at the shadowed outline on that. The shadow poofs out just a bit on the outline, like something more is there.
User Image

Now, look at the sniper's cloak where it ends, it seems as though the sniper is wearing a skirt. From previous appearances of the Meredith NPC we can get the idea that she has a skirt that ends just above or just below the knee, of course the sniper seems to be shadowed out for a reason. But still, notice where the sniper's cloak ends and where it seems to have something else end just below that.
User Image

Notice the hands, Meredith's don't seem that big, no..but add gloves and they seem as though they would be as long and just about the same size of the sniper's.
User Image

Meredith's Quotes

User Image
She's stronger than she seems, eh? Well, look at the size of that gun case and the size of the gun. It would seem to e a bit big, and since Meredith says herself that she's strong from carrying around bags of gold...

User Image
Every man has their price, eh? Well, seeing as she's the banker with both the Von Helsons and the Gambinos ( Johnny K/Gino ) gone, with no obvious heirs to either side of the family it would seem like the money would go to the bank. Does anybody else know of a bank on Gaia? Nope. Just Meredith. Plus, she could've been getting sick of the way both were doing things and figured it was her chance to go out and do something about it. ninja

Though, if she didn't do it just for that..she could've been hired. From her costume at Halloween, we could say that she may have a thing for either dark characters ( aka Darth Vadar ) and possibly a thing for video games. maybe, who knows. Somebody could've hired her. ninja

Other Things About Meredith

+ Nobody would at first suspect Meredith, she's the quiet NPC of the whole group. Plus, everybody else thinks of other characters when making up thoughts about it.
+ She may have some problems with being so unrecongnized and unheard from half of the time. Her killing off the two most powerful families could make her the new power source.
+ She lives in Gambino, and would have been close enough to watch the construction of the tower and get in close to find out more about the finished building.
+ The collapsed tower totally misses her bank by a few feet, though even if it was to fall on top of her bank as well it could possibly have done damage to the Von Helson manor.
+ She'd be close enough to get lined up in Gambino to make sure how the tower would collapse on it's way towards Durem.
+ In Durem, nobody would probably care if they saw her carrying around something. She doesn't seem like the kind to do anything, and who would stop her from going up on the clock tower?
+ The Sniper's elbow seems to be bending out towards you when you look at the comic, and doesn't seem to be that long. But if you look at Meredith's bent arm and turn it around, it could look much like the Sniper's elbow.
+ She has NEVER been invited to one of the parties at the mansion, or any of the events.
+ She's a banker, she would be one of the few in the Gaian NPC world with math skills like that. She could've gotten the angles measured out everywhere and calculated it just right.
+ She wasn't working alone? Under speculation.

..yeah, we put a little too much thought into it. It's a dumb theory, but..meh. sweatdrop
Here's some more things people have added towards the theory of Meredith being the sniper. Also, against it sorta. ninja

Fomite
Oooh, I like the Meredith theory. whee

Besides, doesn't it seem a little suspicious that only two characters got new art? Ian makes sense -- firstly, the art style for him was rather out of date, and didn't match all the other characters. Secondly, he looks a lot more like Liam now, for the sake of whatever story is building there. Meredith, though, was pretty up to date as far as art style goes. There was no real plot-related reason obvious that would explain an art change, either. Unless...it was made for the sake of this event? surprised [/crackpot]

Atemu
I think Edmund would've killed Gambino out of pity, too. Just one shot, and all his misery would end.

Edmund didn't exactly run into Gambino at the Ball, did he? He wouldn't have know that Gino was found. Cindy never touched up upon it, either. So no Gaia Action News in that area. You'd have to have been at the reclamation center...

But if Cindy did touch up upon it, Edmund and Vanessa would have been far to busy in the personals to actually see a TV. So then Edmund STILL wouldn't have known.

However, I like the idea of Meredith being the killer, but does she know how to wield a gun?

Edmund WAS in the army, and if you remember back in Halloween he had gun. He looked like he knew how to use it. It didn't look plastic, either. Even for a golden gun. (Not only that, no orange-safety thing.)

Maybe it ran like this, Edmund's "good shot" of the Von Helson Sisters was ACTUALLY for the manor and to see how it was strutured. When the Gambino Tower was being structured, Meredith and him began to plan. Meredith would get all the information about the Gambino Tower, Edmund could get the best view to see how it'd fall.

When both manor and tower crash, Edmund and Meredith would split the large amounts of gold with eachother. Edmund would get Vanessa to the best beauty school money could buy, and Meredith could spread her bank to other parts of Gaia.

--------------------------

And I thought of something more...

Maybe Meredith was the mastermind, and she used Edmund to execute it. "Every man has his price."

Edmund's price was sex.

Gambino's price was billions of gold.

Peppermint Elf
My only problem with that theory is that Meredith's skirt is brown. But if you check out Edmund, not only is his trench coat the same color as the bottom of the thing sticking out of the cape, but he has the same sleeve design as Meredith. Not to mention he was in the army or whatever. He'd know how to fire a gun and would probably have access to one. Although, it's a mistery to me why he'd hurt the VH twins. He seemed to have a "good view" of them from his shop. sweatdrop

Other than the skirt color, it's the most well thought out theory I've seen.
.....strange.......
wow a theory that makes more sence then the other
it's always the least expected one
No! Not the sweet red-haired banker, mistress of my heart!

I mean my girlfriend is the only mistress of my heart, yes.
*Is being choked by girlfriend*
Hmm. And she HAS been rather bitter of late. Withholding Trading Passes from the new Gaians and whatnot. stare
.... eek ohemmgee It was Meredith.
And if it wasn't, you've done an AWESOME job of coming up with a very convincing theory.

Not Liccy's Other Half

Shameless Codger

18,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
that sounds almost plausible eek
StephieSama
And if it wasn't, you've done an AWESOME job of coming up with a very convincing theory.
My sister and I just had too much time on our hands. We actually looked at all the NPCs to see which fitted the most, going by the assumption that it was female..or Edmund. Meredith just seemed to fit. Her personality, her lack of involvment in everything. Hell, she wasn't even invited to any of the events that were hosted.

Aged Vet

whee You can't trust the quiet ones...
It feels like Clue.

Aged Vet

Akimbo
StephieSama
My sister and I just had too much time on our hands. We actually looked at all the NPCs to see which fitted the most, going by the assumption that it was female..or Edmund. Meredith just seemed to fit. Her personality, her lack of involvment in everything. Hell, she wasn't even invited to any of the events that were hosted.
So who got taken out? The people who hosted all of those events, and neglected to invite poor Meredith! surprised It all comes together...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff