Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tiny Shapeshifter

Hippie Pride
It was an opinion hence the "imo".
Touche. I guess I shouldn't bother discussing something if it's an opinion, eh? xD

lasagna's Darling

Creamy Delight

Yen Quest
Hippie Pride
It was an opinion hence the "imo".
Touche. I guess I shouldn't bother discussing something if it's an opinion, eh? xD

Lol it happens, you did have some valid points so it wasn't a total waste.

Tiny Shapeshifter

Hippie Pride
Lol it happens, you did have some valid points so it wasn't a total waste.
Lol, thanks for saying that. I would've felt like a doufas if all that typing didn't make some sort of impact somewhere (because I was really into it). xD

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

I go into making an avatar with a theme in mind.
Maybe not a full on super duper theme but a relative idea of what
I want to make. And it depends on the day and what I am feeling.
Think most people know that when I make demonic avatars it is
one of the few following that's going on in my head: history channel
has on s**t about Hell that I love to watch, I randomly just thought
of the Exorcist and I want to make a demon avatar because of it,
or I am utterly pissed off.

Recently I was dabbling in light colors.. which is rare for me. But
one thing I tend to always keep even if it looks out of place are
the wigs I wear. Which are only a few.. but I always feel weird if
I don't have one of my 'soubi' hairs on. XD

Even if I don't have a set theme in mind.. I remember when I'd
play zOMG. People would say they would usually know it's me
running around just by the avatar. I apparently had some sort of
recognizable aura or something. Not sure if I have it anymore but
I kind of understood what they were talking about. When I try to
change up styles I seem to notice a lot of similarities between older
avatars I've made and newer ones I make. It's always like..
something. It is hard to place my finger on but I feel like I stick to
one type of look no matter what the theme is.

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Macabeak
My avatars go through several themes almost every time I make one. It's sad, really. sweatdrop For instance, this started out with a much stronger Arabian feel, and rapidly became a primitive-ish warrior. I don't think I'm even wearing any of the items it started out with.

It kind of bugs me, since I feel like I can't keep a reign on my own ideas, but hey. Most times those kind of changes occur when the original idea wasn't working. It's why you sketch multiple thumbnails of a super detailed project before actually drawing it since something's bound to change (for the better).

(Gah, that was long.)

I have the same issues lol. I mean I can start out with one theme and it totally goes in the opposite direction after I work on it more. It's kinda irritating at times, but now that Gaia has that undo button in the inventory, I'm all set and retrace my steps.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Once I figured out that hairy half dude + snakes was a winning combo in my book (plus much cheaper once I realized I never had to worry about clothes ever again), I didn't look back.

sometimes I change it, and become a cute lil cyborg redhead. Just to shake things up because that's how I roll.

My themes are based on RP and occasional feels.

But mostly snakes and body hair and nudity. emotion_c8

Alien Invader

Usually if my theme converts the avatar becomes a totally different avatar. I don't wear my outfits for very long and I don't wear them unless I'm 100% satisfied so they don't get much of a chance to turn into anything else. xD If I catch myself tweaking an avatar after I save it equipped then I'll usually be tossing it aside pretty quickly.

Buggy Survivor

Well, I change my avatars a lot, so I don't have a particular theme that I stick with on this account. But each outfit I create has a separate theme that I find organically (I'll equip one item, find one that matches, equip another that looks ok with those two, and it grows from there). Once I find that theme, I try to stick with it to really perfect it, in my eyes.

For this avatar, it mostly just looked like a girl in a red dress until I equipped the kerchief. Now it looks Cinderella-esque to me, so I'm trying to find items that will strengthen that theme, like a broom and soot marks.

Fun (:

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
      • Grunny Rainbow 100
      • Jolly Roger 50
      • Tycoon 200
      If I do only have a few themes I stick to it is only because of lack of skill or merely because of my own tastes. Usually I try to start with an idea but find one I want to explore. Purposely making and avatar wit ha specific theme is a bit difficult sometimes usually it's a riff on a idea I had before but didn't use or just found and realized it could have a theme for something.
      If someone else view my there differently.... it is still a avatar I am proud I made. I'll probably take this different perspective and try to see if I did go that route if the avatar would be better.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
      • Beta Citizen 0
      • Coloring Champion 0
      • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
      Very rarely can I stand having a non-black/red avi for more than a few days. This one I adore because it's just so rococo. It fits the theme of valentines very well, as the french aristocrats in the 17th century cared less about morals and more about secret romance. They often use statues of cupid to symbolize it. Pretty much all rococo's fall under a romantic category. That and the way it looks is outstanding.

Moonlight Mage

10,450 Points
      • Protector of Cuteness 150
      • Partygoer 500
      • Survivor 150
      Every avatar I make has a theme, but it's never the same theme for each avatar in my closet. I try to put together something new for my likes each time. My closet ranges from steampunk, demon, valentine's day, and more. I never throw together an avatar without having a story or concept in my head. Most of the time they're inspired by a single item I like and build from there. I don't ever change it based on anyone else's opinion or interpretation of it.

Stellar Succubus

I only just realised in the last few minutes that I've been pretty much copying someone else's avatar... even to the point of using really similar or exact same items... for ages... by accident.

What do you do when you find out your theme isn't your own? Do you change?

I considered it 'my style'... and it's not. They've been doing it longer and I have seen their avatar before many times, just not often enough to make the realisation.

So what does a Gaian do when the grim hammer of insight hits them that their style is not actually their own?

Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
      • Object of Affection 150
      • Brandisher 100
      • Loiterer 100
      Mine was based on

I ******** love these wings
      I ******** love rainbows
      LET'S SEE HOW OVERBOARD I CAN GO WITH THIS

I don't think I'll change it if I'm honest
      at least not drastically

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
      • Object of Affection 150
      • Protector of Cuteness 150
      • Risky Lifestyle 100
      Mine is nearly always a glam rock or sort of 'cosmic' theme.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

XD I try for something else...
      but somehow I always end up with Demonic. Lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
      Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas
      Virtual Spaces
      Fun Stuff