Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
lilloulou
Actually, there's a few items before the background which are hidden at the moment. My guess is they already started to upload the gold shop update items (like CrosStitch for instance) and they are hidden until the shop is officially updated wink

Edit: edy & milkbun confirmed that there's actually no item inbetween the background due to the way Gaia's System work.
Oh gosh, a gold shop update soon! Based lilloulou. emotion_kirakira

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
dreamsk
King Awesomolocity
dreamsk
King Awesomolocity
dreamsk
King Awesomolocity

I don't think that's the reason. xd
But...I'm sorta curious what the reason is.
~King Awesome
Here's a conspiracy...you used to be a dev or are a mule of a current dev since you have so much info?!? eek

ninja Perhaps...
Not really. I just poke around on Gaia, a lot. xD
~King Awesome
blaugh You're not a dev or programmer for other websites/things?

I have a website for Gaia tools. ninja
~King Awesome
Super awesome! surprised

On topic: ninja Maybe the OP is actually the one who designed the servers to do that to items and is posting the thread to make us question dev judgement??

What's with all the conspiracy theories in this thread? Lol.
~King Awesome
King Awesomolocity
edy
DarkHipsturd
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/10006283/ is angelic 10th aniversary background thing
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/10006285/ is demonic 10th aniversary background thing

and http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/10006284/ comes up as nothing
WUT R U HIDING GAIA

to go investigate mor

CURRENT THEORIES:
- hidden item is a coffee creamer

Sorry to burst your bubble, but.... there is no such item. This is how our database works. There's always a gap between item ids whenever they are created.

Thanks for this post. I was gonna post that, but...saw this. xd
Out of curiosity...why is the datebase structured like that? o_O
~King Awesome

It's because we use databases in pairs. One is a "master" the other is "slave". Data can be written to both, and will replicate to the other database. To avoid duplicate item ids being generated, one server will generate odd numbers, and the other will generate even numbers. The fact that most item ids are odd means that we haven't had to switch over to the "slave/even number" database much. It's mainly there as a backup in case the other database is having problems.

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
edy
It's because we use databases in pairs. One is a "master" the other is "slave". Data can be written to both, and will replicate to the other database. To avoid duplicate item ids being generated, one server will generate odd numbers, and the other will generate even numbers. The fact that most item ids are odd means that we haven't had to switch over to the "slave/even number" database much. It's mainly there as a backup in case the other database is having problems.

Ah, cool. Good to know.
Now the next time anyone asks me about it, I have an answer. xP
~King Awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out