Total Votes:[ 306 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 >

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Aperture Sentry Turret

Hey AST, just wanted to clarify about the pink links, they were gone for years after their first appearances and replaced by gift boxes and such, and then in april 2011 they legitimately brought back "pink links" name and all, which is what i meant.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Also let me add my two cents into the argument. I agree with mermaid Eater that we don't need more gold entering the economy. Pink links are different because they're rare events and not as frequent as new members joining.

However, given how ******** up the economy is from bein raped by Flynn, I honestly don't think 10k even makes a difference at this point. It's actually kind of insulting because of how little you can do with 10k these days.

So really, it's not really that bad, but honestly it's not that great either. Let's not forget that some people also only got 3k from it, as well. Which does even less than 10k, if you think about it.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Mermaid Eater
Aperture Sentry Turret

Hey AST, just wanted to clarify about the pink links, they were gone for years after their first appearances and replaced by gift boxes and such, and then in april 2011 they legitimately brought back "pink links" name and all, which is what i meant.

Ok, just making sure you knew. Sorry for the confusion, it is late here and I should probably be in sleep mode.

Sparkly Noob

12,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Aperture Sentry Turret
WitchIing
Aperture Sentry Turret
Mermaid Eater

Actually, pink links have been around sice I joined in 2004. They were different back then though, rather than being a box they were, well, a link outlined with a pink glow. They stopped showing up at some point and then came back later as the white and pink gift box. I think they used to only grant around 1k or so back then?

Witchling

But to the rest of the argument, I thought being a <term censored> meant that you were defending Gaia, not criticizing their actions. I think, were anyone being a <term censored>, it would be you, not Mermaid Eater. You can also get banned for calling a user that, just so you know.

Pink links have always gone up to around 5k per link
they grant up to 10k-15k now.

He wants to go around saying I'm taking advantage of people he honestly is **censored**

Not the old pink links from 2004.

Also, no, saying you take advantage of people isn't being what you accuse him of being.
Being one would mean he would be harassing everyone who criticizes Gaia's recent actions and praising everything Gaia does like it's going out of style (kissing a** basically). I've seen enough cases of it recently to know one when I see one.

He brought up me taking advantage of people in the exchange if I'm correct.
pretty sure that's what his post said, anyways that's not of importance.
I have been around the GCD for a really long time, sure I don't post as much but I do read the threads, I'm definitely not clueless I just have a different out look on what Gaia is doing.
don't feel the need to constantly ride them and complain about everything they do.
I really just don't see such a massive deal about a 10k gold grant, It really only appeals to newer players.

Sparkly Noob

12,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Mermaid Eater
Aperture Sentry Turret

I do apologize for calling you a moron.
we just have different out looks on situations

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
WitchIing
Aperture Sentry Turret
WitchIing
Aperture Sentry Turret
Mermaid Eater

Actually, pink links have been around sice I joined in 2004. They were different back then though, rather than being a box they were, well, a link outlined with a pink glow. They stopped showing up at some point and then came back later as the white and pink gift box. I think they used to only grant around 1k or so back then?

Witchling

But to the rest of the argument, I thought being a <term censored> meant that you were defending Gaia, not criticizing their actions. I think, were anyone being a <term censored>, it would be you, not Mermaid Eater. You can also get banned for calling a user that, just so you know.

He wants to go around saying I'm taking advantage of people he honestly is **censored**

Also, no, saying you take advantage of people isn't being what you accuse him of being.
Being one would mean he would be harassing everyone who criticizes Gaia's recent actions and praising everything Gaia does like it's going out of style (kissing a** basically). I've seen enough cases of it recently to know one when I see one.

I have been around the GCD for a really long time, sure I don't post as much but I do read the threads, I'm definitely not clueless I just have a different out look on what Gaia is doing.
don't feel the need to constantly ride them and complain about everything they do.
I really just don't see such a massive deal about a 10k gold grant, It really only appeals to newer players.

Aside from repeating myself that being accused of taking advantage of people == being a <forbidden term>, please refer to my post on this page for how I feel about the matter.

If you feel that Gaia is doing nothing wrong, by all means, that is your decision. However, please understand that not everyone shares the same opinion as you. Many people here, including myself, are very displeased with the new marketing direction the site is going in. And while you have the right to think nothing is wrong, doesn't mean that everything is 100% good and well in reality. Please always consider both sides of the same coin.

Sparkly Noob

12,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Aperture Sentry Turret
WitchIing
Aperture Sentry Turret
WitchIing
Aperture Sentry Turret

Aside from repeating myself that being accused of taking advantage of people == being a <forbidden term>, please refer to my post on this page for how I feel about the matter.

If you feel that Gaia is doing nothing wrong, by all means, that is your decision. However, please understand that not everyone shares the same opinion as you. Many people here, including myself, are very displeased with the new marketing direction the site is going in. And while you have the right to think nothing is wrong, doesn't mean that everything is 100% good and well in reality. Please always consider both sides of the same coin.

I never said that.
I said I don't have a problem with this current linking, I have a massive problem with the inflation and the flynns.

It just seems people have TO RIDE them on absolutely everything.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
I've been on since 04. I don't think I will get a PM from this fairy.
But I do want to see her ><

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
Huh? Is there really a huge argument here over free 10k?

New low point? Almost

Sparkly Noob

12,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
DYRL

New low point? Almost

Thank you.

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
WitchIing
DYRL

New low point? Almost

Thank you.
No biggie, and while I do agree with you, you did use the wrong term sweatdrop

McSourface would have been better

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
WitchIing
Aperture Sentry Turret
WitchIing
Aperture Sentry Turret
WitchIing
Aperture Sentry Turret

I never said that.
I said I don't have a problem with this current linking, I have a massive problem with the inflation and the flynns.

It just seems people have TO RIDE them on absolutely everything.

And I stated I do not have a problem with it either, essentially, aside from that I think it is just stupid. Sure, it is a nice though a first, but it will not take a new user long to realize just how little it is in the grand scheme of things. To me, it feels like this:
"Hi, welcome to the site! Here is a small handful of gold to get you started! Like it? Well guess what! If you spend your money here, you can have as much of it as you want! Because how else will you afford all of those kick a** shiny pixels? emotion_awesome "

If you do not complain, nothing will change. People would complain less if Gaia made smarter decisions. It may seem like people rag on the site for just about everything, but I honestly cannot say I wonder why. People are leaving this site for good every day. That means Gaia is losing potential financial backing, while some users are losing friends. Other users are reluctant to leave, but have decided to no longer spend money. And in light of all of the complaints, all we get from the management are weak, copy+paste answers and 0 satisfaction.

This site no longer feels like a community with extra/optional premium content. Now this site feels like a shop where the focus is entirely on premium content to the point where it has become invasive. It is not a good thing, and people complain because they do not want this site run into the ground by the new management.

This site ran for 10 years, with more staff, without having to go this far with the cash pushing. There is absolutely NO reason for the user base to be subjected to this kind of treatment, which is why people are complaining.

That said, I will be going to sleep now, as I have test subjects to eliminate study tomorrow.

Good night, or morning, whatever it will be for you at this time. And remember, next time you want to call someone a name or term, it will be beneficial to look up the definition first! (Because it would be a shame to get banned for using a term that did not need to be used in the first place!)

Familiar Trickster

I have not gotten it.

Shy Sex Symbol

7,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
I also got that pm. Weird o.o

High-functioning Gawker

13,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Mark Twain 100
EitaLiraz
Maybe one of the devs knocked something loose.

Or it could be because they have a new NPC doing the welcoming and the newbie walk through as I'm pretty sure that was Moira's job.
User Image

You have a most beautiful avatar.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas