Welcome to Gaia! ::

Smol Cutie-Pie

24,590 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Gaia helped me with fashion in real life! I have a better time creating outfits in the real world now just from the endless possibilities we have here. Gaia's really shaped me in how I just deal with things in the real world. I really love this place and I'm glad to call it my home away from home.

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
Naturalist
Gaia helped me with color coordination. Thanks to my awesome avatar-making skills I can be like, "oh no honey, that tie don't match at all" *snaps fingers* Though not in that particular phrasing. The finger snapping is optional.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The finger snapping is necessary for emphasizing your point xD

Now that people mention it, I think I'm better at color coordinating also. *ignores the fact that I'm wearing a rainbow avatar at the moment*

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
Magically Clueless
Naturalist
Gaia helped me with color coordination. Thanks to my awesome avatar-making skills I can be like, "oh no honey, that tie don't match at all" *snaps fingers* Though not in that particular phrasing. The finger snapping is optional.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The finger snapping is necessary for emphasizing your point xD

Now that people mention it, I think I'm better at color coordinating also. *ignores the fact that I'm wearing a rainbow avatar at the moment*

Haha very true!

Rainbow avatars are awesome ^^ Plus, they're pretty difficult to pull off so kudos to you!

Sexy Exhibitionist

13,125 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Can't say gaia helped me with large sums of money, when the big inflation burst happened i was in the middle of an impromptu hiatus, didn't intend for it to happen but it just sorta did. I came back after said inflation burst, and now i'm more confused than ever about large sums of money. So i guess thats kind of a negative for me.....Back when i was SUPER active -like log on every day and play zOMG! for hours on end kind of active- I noticed gaia helped me with alot more stuff which has sort of fallen to the wayside since i've been less active for the better part of 2 years. Gaia has taught me the mundane things; like typing faster with more accuracy, and how to be more open minded about many different things. Gaia also taught me less run of the mill things like it's ok to be different. I walk around every day with white -currently pink- hair, and a constant struggle to get myself from point A to point B -thank you vision impairment- On gaia, none of that matters, i can make the screen as big as i need it, and my avi is the darkest of skin tones razz , again didn't do it on purpose but it happened and i'm happy.

~Eva

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
I know how f***** up Gaia's gold system is when I realize that a BILLION is an amount of money most people will never ever see in their life and that many will be lucky to even earn a million in their lifetime.
I agree with the economy and how I interpret a lot of money.

Tiny Nerd

18,950 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
I joined Gaia over 10yrs ago and iv been very active user so if any damage has been done then it would be hard to tell now XD

Golden Gawker

>>>: Well, for the obvious, English.
And then I'll have to say it's helped me getting better at drawing
to some extent. (Along with art school and such) Drawing avatar
art for myself and others frequently have given me lots of practice.
Here's something weird Gaia's helped me with in the long run,
cleaning. I hate when my inventory gets cluttered and I can't stand
having more than 1½ pages of items. (Roughly 1500 items.)
Now I'm almost down to one again and it feels sooo good.
Because of that I'm cleaning our my room and wardrobe frequently
as well, I collect so much junk I never use or look at again I just
have to toss it all away from time to time.

Shadowy Gaian

17,925 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
im buying textbooks on amazon and wishing they had our marketplace graphs

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
xd Erm, knowing that my english will still be not enough? I've learned a lot of different idiomatic expressions here. My head still spins though if I encountered someone speaking like Kanye West.

Getting in touch with many of the current tv/movie/comics fandoms. Gaia has not been censored in my place except for zOMG! so it keeps me in touch with what's the latest buzz.

Wicked Magician

17,025 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Tycoon 200
Dinkaw
umm well, the money thing has happened, at one point i started confusing the thousands with the millions, that wasnt nice :/ it has also helped me with my english and i guess i notice if im color coordinated irl now.

That happens to me all the time! I'm constantly reading a number in the millions and thinking, oh that's only X thousand gold. XD

As far as things that have affected me? Definitely learned a lot about virtual marketplaces from the site! Unfortunately, I'm still figuring out how to curb impulse spending. sweatdrop

Perfect Saint

Changing clothes in real life takes too damn long!
Gaia taught me how to sew little weights in my hemlines to keep my skirts from flying up in the wind. Which is why Princess Kate really needs a Gaia account.

And gangsta talk, it taught me that, too.

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Gaia's helped me learn not to waste my IRL money online. I was tempted to buy GCash so many times and then the site went downhill. It's also made me examine a company thoroughly before I buy anything from them.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

I get the billions thing. I was reading a book after getting off Gaia and it was mentioned that one of the characters was a millionaire, and I recall thinking that's not very much...hey, wait a second, switch my frame of reference here. xD

Without Gaia, I doubt I would have ever learned BBC code, and it's definitely increased my typing speed.

I do notice colors more as well, particularly shades. (Who knew my black pants didn't match my black socks or my black shoes?)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff