Welcome to Gaia! ::

do you think gaia has ruined itself?

for a long time now 0.50704225352113 50.7% [ 36 ]
they are working on it 0.30985915492958 31.0% [ 22 ]
i dont understand you jelly cause you have no GC LULZ 0.1830985915493 18.3% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 71 ]
1 2 >

Questionable Snowflake

28,550 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
this is a snippet from the announcement..

"The Tiered Spender is the ultimate loyalty reward system for every Gaian. But what is the Tiered Spender reward program? An excellent question with an easy answer! It’s simple: we reward you for the purchases you make. This means that whatever you spend on Gaia will contribute to earning FREE prizes."

correct me if im wrong.. but.. you pay REAL money for fake items.. and when you do they will give you more fake items for the REAL money that you spend...

so you arent really getting anything for free and you arent really getting anything when you pay either...

so like can you just remover that tier thing cause im never going to use it..

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
I watch videos from the offers page, those videos reward gaia cash to my account, I used 500gc to buy two letters and got the black icat free. So basically i got 3 free pixel items for a few minutes of having a video play while i browse i do other things.

Spicy Treasure-Seeker

36,690 Points
  • Nova Novice 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I find it funny how 'ultimate loyalty' is measured by how much cash one purchases..

Stubborn Gifter

Truth be told, I don't like the sentence "The ultimate loyalty reward system for every Gaian."

If I want to show my loyalty to Gaia, there are ways I can do so, without spending Gaia cash. Heck, there's a bloody reason why we have Loyal's Bazaar to those who refuse to pay real money but shows loyal to Gaia.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

16,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
It's just a pathetic attempt to get more money.

Queen_of_Scorpio generated a random number between 10 and 122 ... 96!

4,100 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
It's a person's own decision to make a purchase of a fake item for real money and Gaia has every right to try to make money off of those people.

You don't have to buy gaia cash. Although, saying you aren't loyal because you don't buy it is a bit much, you shouldn't get all upset because Gaia is trying a new sales pitch. After all, this site is probably far from free to keep running as smoothly as it does. Programmers alone cost a LOT of money.

People are right when they say the items are fake and aren't real. So they don't NEED to buy it and therefore, shouldn't get so butt-hurt over the silly thing. What we should REALLY get changed is the repetitive commercials! HELLO? Obviously, Gaia has never sent out an age group survey for Gaia, because it has shown the same preschooler kids meal commercial for EVER. THAT my friends, THAT is an issue. wahmbulance

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PandasKitten

so like can you just remover that tier thing cause im never going to use it..

"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

So because you don't like it, or want to use it, it needs to be removed?

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn."

Tipsy Genius

Gaia has a weird way of marketing GC/spending perks as measures of loyalty, but poor wording aside, I love the reward tiers.

Say you're paying for theme park admission (it's not a good or a service, it's an intangible experience) and you're told that buying an additional single-day admission gets you early access to all the rides (again, not a good or a service, just a perk). It's still a free gift because you're not paying specifically for it. If it's something you could pay for separately, you're saving money. If it's something you couldn't obtain otherwise, it's an exclusive bonus. Whether or not it's worth it can only be measured on an individual basis. (Do you want it? Then it's worth it.)

Thing is, the core of your argument is "I wouldn't pay real money for virtual items". Tough luck--plenty of users do exactly that every day, and it's what keeps the site alive. If you don't spend money on GC, the reward tiers aren't targeting you. They're a way to get people who already spend GC to spend more GC over a short period of time.
Sweet Angel Mary
I watch videos from the offers page, those videos reward gaia cash to my account, I used 500gc to buy two letters and got the black icat free. So basically i got 3 free pixel items for a few minutes of having a video play while i browse i do other things.

That's what I've been doing as well, all of this new stuff is tempting me to spend all the free cash I just got though. xd
Gaia's a business and businesses need money to continue operating, so to complain that Gaia's offering a reward to the people that are helping keep it in business, and in particular a reward that doesn't have any immediate negative consequence unlike some of Gaia's decisions (gold gens), comes across as misguided and childish.

Timid Cat

35,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Winged 100

To be fair it is an added bonus for those who buy GC for Limited items and R.I.G's that interest them. So yes, you get it for free but it's an extra bonus to what you're spending on.
But I do agree it needs to be taken out if they decide to pull what they did with the previous one. 50$ I can see someone spending/motivated to spend. 110$? Not so much. And as such the tale of the White Fighter recolor goes into infamy till they stock it into a item gen with the graces of the people who actually spent 110$ and got it.

Stellar Succubus

This old nut again?

Some people enjoy intangible entertainment.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Fake items? Buying them? How is it any different from buying fake items on any other avatar/pet/game site?

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
I don't really mind, since i don't do autocash and don't have a set spending schedule. it is kinda nice to get an extra item for something i was gonna go for anyway.

I happened to buy $14 worth of stuff (monthlies + angelica), so the only extra $$ i spent was 1, since i was so close tothe tier anyway. So I think of it as a bonus if you're gonna spend anyway, since i'd never spend a lot of money for the sake of the tiers.

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
So your only loyal if you spend Cash or visit almost everyday on the site.
Geez I'm sorry gaia.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces