Welcome to Gaia! ::

Time-traveling Bookworm

29,275 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Survivor 150
As I don't have the GC to buy the latest EI Bundle for the azuremella (and a couple other of the EI's being offered), I decided to go through my inventory and sell off some items that I don't use. Most aren't worth a whole lot, so you can imagine my surprise when I clicked on Lil' Gargy and read that the average marketplace price was over 1 million and rising. I was giddy with the thought that an item I've never used could bring me enough to not only get my azuremella but also leave me with enough left over to grab an item or two on my wishlist. I went from blaugh to gonk and then to scream when I went to sell it and found that the lowest buy price was 23,000! Should've known not to count my chickens before I saw the buy price. lol

So... has this ever happened to you? Is there a way fix the tease that is the average price?

8,150 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Chimi The Chihuahua is inflated to over 7 million, it was only 4 mllion two weeks ago. ******** AIers stare

Wheezing Codger

I think that happened to me once when I saw that the Stupendous Strawberry was 400k, but the buy price was actually 20k. xD;

I don't think there's any way to fix it.

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I say we take the Marketplace,
& push it somewhere else!
User Image

6,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Consumer 100
I didn't want to read that Lol. But I skimmed it, and no I don't think it has from what I skimmed.

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Should be bannable IMO.

inb4 'free market'. no. shaddup.

Predestined Seeker

It's quite a shame, yes, but....Well, when you're going to buy that item, and you find the price is lower then the average buy price, it's definately a blaugh moment.

Stellar Succubus

Aukon
It's quite a shame, yes, but....Well, when you're going to buy that item, and you find the price is lower then the average buy price, it's definately a blaugh moment.

Though, when you want an item and it has a lowered average marketplace price... yet everyone lists for much much higher... waiting for someone to sell a little lower can be a challenge.

Ink-Covered Monarch

42,750 Points
  • Inked Child 500
  • Undersea Queen 500
I'm super pissed at the Monochrome Keido right now.
I sell it, thinking it won't inflate past 3.1m...

Last time I checked, its 4.5m..
And I want it back.
scream

Apocalyptic Millionaire

12,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
That always happens to me when I try to sell my jack grab bags, perhaps I should wait until halloween to make more? >.<

O.G. Fatcat

10,300 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
Kaiouti
I'm super pissed at the Monochrome Keido right now.
I sell it, thinking it won't inflate past 3.1m...

Last time I checked, its 4.5m..
And I want it back.
scream

User Image

FFFFUUU IT DID?! gonk
Damn, I wish I waited a little before I sold 3 of them.
User Image
Reaper Zombie
I say we take the Marketplace,
& push it somewhere else!
User Image

ninja

But seriously, this happens to me all the time. I'm like, wow, my item is worth how much now? And I'm all excited that maybe I can make a profit off of this item I really don't care much for, and then I find that no, it's really still worth 10k, not the 500k LMP listed. Or the opposite happens and this awesome item I'm questing has a really low LMP, but it's still actually the same high a** price I'm saving up towards (or even worse, it's inflated by a mil or more).
dese headphones in the market were like 50k, thank god my friend gifted me them, now they're around 10k, i'm like wow

Sexy Exhibitionist

13,125 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Gender Swap 100
OH i know right!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last week i found a bike i really liked. Found it was the extra pose in the Roman SDplus doll. Looked at the average price 140k not to bad, just play zOMG boom ill have it. Looked at the sellers, there was only one listing going for 1mill! scream scream scream scream
So freaking mad!

I just looked at it now, average is 550k, lowest price is 770k.

Friendly Explorer

12,625 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Well, I used to be fooled by the Average market price.

As a general rule, I don't make any decisions of the sort until I know what the lowest buy price is.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff